Pages:
Author

Topic: How much do you invest in an ICO? - page 9. (Read 2409 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 100
June 28, 2018, 11:52:57 AM
I do not invest large sums, because I simply do not have them, many projects that I previously invested in turned out to be scam, so I no longer invest big money, and many projects did not pay anything in the bounty.
Activity: 588
Merit: 101
June 28, 2018, 11:51:57 AM
im not a rich man, usually i just invest 1-2ethereum in ICO, if i sure its can more than 2eth, but not easy get good ico to get profit so i just want safety if the project not success its nevermind because i take some ico not only one
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 28, 2018, 11:49:49 AM
Risky business to invest big amount of money in ICO, especially in ICO that you don't sure about, at least 90% sure. 1000$ is fine amount of money

Personally i think 1000 is already a big amount to risk in an upcoming project. Though the returns can be pretty tempting if you placed a big amount, i don't think i'm up for ths risk of losing. I've invested in only a few icos and i didn't put anything more than 300 bucks. I'd rather invest in solid alts  and coins that are already in the market.
Activity: 86
Merit: 0
June 28, 2018, 11:36:56 AM
That was about a few months ago, when I invested in ICO. Not much, only about 0.7 eth which at that time eth was soaring high. After the ICO has finished, the token price has dropped dramatically, even now I see it. Although there is a bonus, but not sufficient to cover losses. After that, I never invested in ICO again.
Activity: 154
June 27, 2018, 01:38:46 PM
When I was beginner, it was like 20-30£, after some time 50-60£, and later when I started knowing much more about the blockchain technology and after some due diligence, I started to invest bit more amount in very select projects. Now the trend has gone to presale.
Activity: 378
Merit: 13
June 27, 2018, 01:35:23 PM
I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.

to me ico is nonsense, they waste yourr time, force you to do KYC, delay you while purchasing
then after just 3 hours of listing on exchange

I can buy 10x someone paid in ico for a very cheap amount
its just basic clueless programs.

Maybe when dumpers are handled well, ico can be better.
Activity: 42
Merit: 8
June 27, 2018, 01:19:36 PM
Suppose if i have 1000$ to invest then i will invest 200$ per project and invest in 5 projects. This is best way of investment
Activity: 2
June 26, 2018, 11:45:03 PM
I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.
usually I do not invest but tried once,it was the amount of 500 bucks, in principle, the amount is not bad if you want to check how it works and get some money
Activity: 42
June 27, 2018, 01:15:36 PM
I'm risking not more than $1000 because i know most of upcoming ico will be traded below ico price until the market will recover.

Basically 2 ETH (at their current value) or $1000?
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
June 27, 2018, 01:50:57 AM
For me, in every campaign I have designate atleast 100 usd in each of the ico. It is better to spread your investment not just in a single campaign. But you must secure that the campaign you are joining to is a good ico, and is a legit. Many ico as of now is a scammy type ico, so better be aware of that.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
www.cd3d.app
June 26, 2018, 10:55:38 PM
I'm risking not more than $1000 because i know most of upcoming ico will be traded below ico price until the market will recover.
Activity: 152
June 26, 2018, 10:51:26 PM
in my opinion, if there are currently many incredible fraud projects, I think it is very risky to invest a lot of money in ICO. and many investors today are very avoiding ICO because they do not want to lose because of a scam. especially when the current market conditions are bad and prices are also going down. So I did some research first and then I decided how much investment was based on my budget.

Activity: 167
Merit: 10
June 26, 2018, 10:38:57 PM
Few ETHs, That's a way to hold your ethereum, or bitcoin. But find information about ICO 1st then invest
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Power the World for FREE
June 26, 2018, 10:37:46 PM
I think most of the time it depends on the project.
If I think this project can make me money, then I think I will choose ALL IN.
Activity: 1273
Merit: 507
June 26, 2018, 10:00:13 PM
The amount i invest on ice depends on what i feel in the project. If I'm justing testing the waters i invest as low as 150-200 usd. If i know that it will have an slight impact then I'd go for $500. Lastly ifnim prettybdure about it id invest as high as $1000. That's how i invest in be ICOs
Activity: 151
Merit: 5
June 26, 2018, 09:58:34 PM
My investment fall in 3 number 0.1 - 0.3 - 0.5 ETH. I have never done any bigger than that.
The investment will be based on the research.
I saw your edit and I have to say they are right, ICO now is too risky. That is like selling the dream for dollar.
Now I focus on collecting long term shitcoins, its less risk while buying something already established. Well, I call it shitcoins but they are actually have purpose of being there.
Activity: 182
June 26, 2018, 09:55:27 PM
personally, I think if it's a risky step to invest a lot of money. Since I do not have any params, I try to make a shooting point when choosing ICO. I invest in Ethereum but If the project is very very good and Investor is very big I invest more than 1 ETH. But now I do not invest because the market is so bad. All ICO below ICO prices.
Activity: 210
June 26, 2018, 09:52:57 PM
which I know invest does not specify some money or money invested in ICO because investing does not determine how much we should invest and so you do not spend too much money to invest in ICO because you are not careful you will not benefit from it's now you better invest in crypto because it is still decreasing

Activity: 297
Merit: 1
June 26, 2018, 09:48:14 PM
Take note that only invest what you are willing to lose. As such inevesting $300-$500 is a good start up already because depending on how good the project it can triple or quadruple its value. But if you are willing to invest more than $1000 then I would suggest to split them in 3 or 4 ICO projects as it will maximize your earning potential while minimizing the risk of you getting in to bad projects or scams.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
June 26, 2018, 09:45:17 PM

I don't invest with money. But i invest with my time and efforts. i invest about 2-3 hours everyday to do what the bounty campaigns asked me to do. Sometimes more if there are no classes.
Pages:
Jump to: