Pages:
Author

Topic: How much do you invest in an ICO? - page 6. (Read 2409 times)

Activity: 177
Merit: 0
July 26, 2018, 08:08:11 AM
I choose to invest more of my money when ICO is held in my country of residence.
so, when there will be problems in ICO we can sue directly to its headquarters in our country.

because I love with the products of the nation itself and prefer to find safe to follow ICO.
Activity: 107
July 25, 2018, 04:57:48 PM
I don't really invest much,
Most time I participate in either airdrops or bounty
But I prefer bounty campaign because I will receive more stakes than airdrops
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
July 25, 2018, 04:55:13 PM
My investment portfolio for 50% consists of BTC. 25% make popular altcoins which in my opinion have a potential for growth. The portfolio rest (25%) goes on ICO. I invest no more than 3% in each ICO and I try not to hold long coins after ICO and listing on the exchanges.
Activity: 157
Merit: 10
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
July 25, 2018, 03:59:22 PM
I try to invest roughly the same amount in all projects. I started my investment from 10-20 dollars, now I try to buy at least one ethereum
Activity: 29
July 25, 2018, 03:52:52 PM
just depends on what you are comfortable to lose. Don't keep yourself up nights. If you have DYOR then by all means go balls deep Wink
Activity: 560
Merit: 109
July 25, 2018, 03:48:56 PM
I think that the answer to your question depends on what kind of profit you expect to receive, because investment is primarily a hope and expectation of profit ...
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
July 25, 2018, 03:45:45 PM
Nothing because it is too risky and if I like the project  I prefer to buy it on the market with less risks and sometimes even cheaper than during ICO.
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
July 25, 2018, 02:49:03 PM
When choosing a good project, I usually invest about 0.3-0.5 ETH. After some time, if I continue to believe in this project, I buy  more tokens on the exchange.
Activity: 72
July 25, 2018, 02:37:15 PM
It all depends on how you studied the project and how it will show itself in the future, if the idea of ​​the project is good, then you can invest in it more.
Activity: 32
July 25, 2018, 02:34:28 PM
For me, in each campaign, I've assigned at least $ 50 at most. It is better to spread your investments in one company.
Activity: 81
July 25, 2018, 01:45:44 PM
I used to invest a lot if I find the idea to be attractive and if I see that the team of my chosen project is capable to handle the whole project and will truly work to make their idea come true. Look for the experience of the team and how they handle their community. If you receive a lovely treat, it's more probable that you are choosing the right one
Activity: 98
July 23, 2018, 07:50:56 AM
Observe that exclusive contribute what you will lose. In that capacity inevesting $300-$500 is a decent start up as of now in light of the fact that relying upon how great the venture it can triple or fourfold its esteem. Be that as it may, on the off chance that you will contribute more than $1000 then I would recommend to part them in 3 or 4 ICO extends as it will augment your gaining potential while limiting the danger of you getting in to awful tasks or tricks.
Activity: 437
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
July 12, 2018, 03:48:13 PM
A susceptible question for ICO investors. IMO, investment in ICO at this time is right because the closer to the end of the year the more potential ICO campaigns will be launched. And if you choose the potential ICO to invest in, you will have the opportunity to earn a high profit, and I usually only invest less than $ 1,000 in the ICO.
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
“The Protocol for the Audience Economy”
July 12, 2018, 03:45:16 PM
I invest around about 100, 200. The trick with the game is to never invest more than your willing to lose- I know that old one!, but if you keep your investment low like this, I mean 1 a month or however it fits into your "expenses per month" in how much you can afford, then maybe 1 or 2 might make those max multipliers you are searching one, then you play with the money you make. Always be in a position to laugh if a coin goes to 0, if your borrowing money of sacrificing lifestyle cost to take part in this then you are unfortunately going to end up in a bad position
Activity: 336
July 12, 2018, 03:39:18 PM
I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.

In last times I have read many ICO whitepapers but I am starting to understand that reading many clever words about technologies, future and money means nothing really. Don’t waste your time, look forward, look on the team of project.
Activity: 39
July 11, 2018, 08:54:46 AM
Is anyone diversify in a strategic way? i.e. trying to build a portfolio of X companies over a year. Or do you take a more opportunistic approach of investing when and where you come across a good project?

Of course, you should do that. The problem these days is that a lot of influencers and website are selling you ICO's (they are paid to do it). So you need to be really careful and always DYOR.
We, Solidum Capital investment crypto fund, are usually getting reliable info from whitepaper and talking with the team. It takes you some time to weed out unnecessary information but it's worth it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
July 11, 2018, 08:53:07 AM
Investing in ICO's is a little risky now as a lot of them tank below ICO price when they hit the exchange. The safest bet is to invest amount of money you're willing to lose. 1 ETH is small for someone and 0.5 ETH is big loss for the other person, it depends on how much you can afford to risk. I'll advise you don't invest too much during ICO, wait for the coin at the exchange and bag more when it dips.
Activity: 602
July 11, 2018, 08:48:26 AM
I'm investing little amount of money in many ICO (less than 10 a month) because in this way I have a better diversification of risk.
Activity: 196
July 11, 2018, 08:47:02 AM
though i dont invest much in an ico but the little i usually invested i had lost greatly. and i later discovered that most of the ico's are fake and nothing but scam. out of 100% issued ico i can boldly say that 85% are genuinely fake. some icos are pack off and reopen by the same set of people with entire different identity.
Activity: 98
July 11, 2018, 08:33:47 AM
The amount i invest into ICO is not always fixed. What i do  most times is that, if i have any money to invest into ICOs of invest, i always divide the investments among the ICOs. I do not put my egg in one basket. For instance, if i have $200 with me, i would divide into 4 different parts and invest into 4 ICOs.
Pages:
Jump to: