Pages:
Author

Topic: How much do you invest in an ICO? - page 10. (Read 2409 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
June 26, 2018, 09:42:14 PM
First of all, I have a mindset which is simply that, before making any investment, I always think if I can really afford to lose the money. I have invested some hundreds on dollars into ICOs before. Some turned out to be good while some became very bad. But in all, I always think about how much money I'm willing to lose.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
June 26, 2018, 09:32:48 PM
I never once invested in ICO I better invest in altcoins because I do not want to wait for things that are uncertain and unclear because most of the ICOs are now failing and fake.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 104
June 26, 2018, 09:25:01 PM
Before I start, I would like to state the fact that nowadays (when bear market started)  investing to an ICO is very risky and haven't find any coin that will exceed its ico price after hitting an exchange.

Going back. I am a small time investor wherein I only invest few amount like up to $50-100. If the target is high I will only invest like  $50 since I think there's a lot of whales who can manipulate it. However last May I invested to hashcard because they have a good project (I contributed like $400 in ETH, I know it is not a lot for some of you) and the target funds is reachable but it turned out that it was a scam. In my insight, whether the cap is high or low or whatever the supply is, it will still depend on the project if it will give you a good profit.
Activity: 336
Merit: 106
June 26, 2018, 08:22:29 PM
I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.

In terms of investment I'm looking project which I believed very promising but of course still risky because we dont know it will happen or not. I suggest since better invest only you can afford to loss. I only invest 300 dollars per ICO that I want considering also that I have enough money for big Investment.

#Support Vanig
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
June 26, 2018, 08:08:54 PM
I sometimes invest in ICO with the value of the variable. and it is true that depends from the ICO itself also are potentially and sturdiness. 0.5 to 1 ethereum I usually invest in ICO. not too big but at least quite a few times and get the result is promising, too.
Activity: 980
Merit: 507
June 26, 2018, 07:45:58 PM
Edit: many of the answers were, whether one should invest in an ICO at all. My question was intended to understand more specifically what's the average person place nowadays in an ICO, IF they participate. I am interested in data, about a typical average ICO investment, not whether anyone should or shouldn't invest in an ICO.
It actually depends on the type of ICO one invests in. For example, people are more likely to invest more in the telegram ICO than investing in a totally new business which came uo with an ICO, with no reputation at all. On an average, the minimum is like 1,000$ and people extend till like 10,000$. I am talking about the normal people here, not the rich af traders.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data
June 26, 2018, 07:41:38 PM
While not much, how much earned on the bounty so much and invested, about 0.5 eth
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
June 26, 2018, 07:08:04 PM
Just like 20% or less of my capital, investing in ICO is totally risky atleast for now since there are so many scam and worthless project out there. In order to avoid this, sellecting an ICO as our investment must be carefully, do your own research before giving someone your money.
Activity: 22
June 26, 2018, 07:04:01 PM
I know that the answer depends on the project, how much you believe in it, and how much you have to spend.

But I am looking for data about an average ICO investor... are people investing tiny amount in as many projects? or more sizeable amounts?

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

I believe the average investor invests about $500 dollars in an ICO that he/she tryst to have a promising future. Investors of Cryptos are being advised to only invest the amount they're willing to loose. For this reason most are cautious of the amount they invest because it is hard to trust ICOs nowadays. So it also depends on the trust level.
Activity: 714
June 26, 2018, 07:02:00 PM
Of course all investments are very different and for the amount also definitely different each of us investment. Like I was investing in pre-sale Inscoin. I invested in the project can be said not much and not a little. But I'm sure the insurance-related project is very good like inscoin.
Activity: 418
24/7 COMMUNITY MANAGER 💯
June 26, 2018, 06:51:28 PM
before I invested in a few projects, ICO . my investment was about 10 ETH.

Honestly it's a huge amount to invest in ICO, I think you know that investing in crypto is too risky especially in ICO's. Well your capital is good enough.
Activity: 113
June 26, 2018, 06:00:15 PM
I think the average person invests in ICO on average from 1000-3000 $. My observations and conclusions are made on the basis of familiar people whom I observe.
Activity: 224
June 26, 2018, 05:51:21 PM
before I invested in a few projects, ICO . my investment was about 10 ETH.
Activity: 406
June 26, 2018, 05:50:33 PM
I think amount of money I invest in any ICO depend on how good it is. If it's a really good project, I think I will spend thousands dollars to invest in but if there are more than 1 good ICO projects to invest in at a time so I think amount of money I invest in each project will decrease cause invest in only 1 project is really risky like you invest all your money in only 1 cryptocurrency Grin
Activity: 486
June 26, 2018, 05:48:11 PM
IMO, I have not invested in any ICO at all, just bounty hunting. As the current investment in ICO is very risky when the market downtrend very fast, the exchange rate has always decreased in recent months. So I do not invest in ICOs because of the risks it brings, I only invest in the top 10 altcoins market!
Activity: 392
Merit: 112
June 26, 2018, 05:45:55 PM
ICO is very risky, most of ICO last few months are now bleeding, because they are affected in the dump of Bitcoin. My maximum investment in ICO is only 1 Ethereum, minimum is around 0.5 Ethereum. That's all, I know joining in ICO is very risky, but I am risk taker, that's why only 1 Ethereum is my maximum amount of investment.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
June 26, 2018, 05:42:17 PM

I personally i don't invest more than 100$ into an ICO, i know that is not much but i really wanna be safe than sorry, i think that the ICO investment scene is still not in the state to be fully trusted because of how the market is full of many scammers that not only make false projects but also make false promises on to improve or create a revolutionary way to pay for thing that gets over hyped and soon people lose interest in it and goes down.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
June 26, 2018, 05:21:35 PM

I always invest 5-10% of my income each month, regardless of whether the market falls or rises. I don't hurry and try to be calm. I just follow my plan! I'm ready to wait for some years before it's worked!
Activity: 42
June 25, 2018, 04:32:31 PM
Strange question. It all depends on what is the ICO and of course on the individual capabilities of the investor. I think everyone chooses the most promising projects. Personally, I do not test large amounts.

I think I have said the same in the first line of the post.

My question in other words was: "What is the average investment in a typical ICO"?

For example in the >$20m ICOs, how many people participated and what's the average investment of an typical individual.

From a statistical perspective its a valid and important question (not strange at all), if a company wants to plan an ICO and prepare its strategy and marketing budget. should it spend it's effort looking for 3-4 large investors? Or try to reach 100,000 small investors?
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 3537
Nec Recisa Recedit
June 25, 2018, 03:14:15 PM

For example, lets take a $40m ICO, what do you think the average investor puts?  $10? $100? $1000? 5,000? more?

I think most depends about your portfolio. Are you a crypto investor for a daily trading? Or you want wait some years?
Anyway the amount to invest is related to: how much you can afford to spend...
always differentiate your portfolio and make valid investment. personally I not choose a coin for their hardcap.
Pages:
Jump to: