Pages:
Author

Topic: How much is your altcoin down since January? - page 7. (Read 1445 times)

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1236
Heisenberg
Mine has been down by around 75 due to the effect of the drop in Ether price but am not worried at all since am doing long term. i will keep the tokens for atleast 2 years
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
With comparison to the price increase that took place by the time of school days were enjoying. With the drastic fall the entire value got low generating a rough drop percent of more than 75%, and most of the holdings in my wallet were the low value altcoins.
Activity: 650
Merit: 500
You are not worst than me, i have lost more than 74% since December, so this is very scary. I dont know if i am gonna lose more, but i understand that this is nothing compared to all what we are going to earn in a few months from now. Just close your blockfolio and say goodbye to cryptos for a few months from now.

It's so scrary. Since January I have lost 70% of my account. still keep and hope prices can go up later. Too late to sell

Activity: 154
Merit: 60
50 percent is a minimum loss every one are suffering right now

How can everyone lose and no one win?

It is a zero sum game

In a continuesly declining bear market the only ones who win are the ones who go short. In the Poll there are 6% who reported to make a profit. They were either short or had the few coins that were stable. If you didn't know, there are more Bitcoin short orders than ever recorded in history on bitfinex. In other words, more exchange users are betting against the current btc price than ever before. I was quite surprised as btc is already that low but apparently the overall sentiment is that we are still going much lower. I am not too concerned as the institutional money is supposed to be flowing in the market from April 5 on (wait, isn't that date in the past?) but on the other side traders who are putting short orders are typically pros who are very experienced and know (or should know) what they are doing.
Activity: 273
Merit: 100
It's so scrary. Since January I have lost 70% of my account. still keep and hope prices can go up later. Too late to sell
Activity: 475
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
I stopped looking at my wallet. Everyday some person come to me and say "altcoins will never recover". I completely deny these negative people. Yes we could lose so much money but we measure it from ath. I don't and I believe markets werent crashed but corrected.
Activity: 294
Merit: 13
Although I just made a little investment, my investment is falling about 70% maybe, I have bought back when it was a drop, but then there is was another dump again (LOL) maybe there is no fortune when I bought my coins.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Xem 5 January cost $ 2, now it costs $ 0.2. Hurry up to buy while cheap).
Activity: 189
Merit: 11

How can everyone lose and no one win?

It is a zero sum game
Activity: 714
There are many coins which I felt lose in my portfolio. Almost went down 40-50% in my portfolio most it didnt maintain the price in a high stage. When btc price down most of the coins I hold also in down so Im holding it until now.
Activity: 616
Considering every coin has dropped i would say there is a 50% loss for everyone in crypto right now. However, for those with some spare cash lying around i would say you are very lucky. This is the perfect time to recover your losses by buying up more coins and enjoying the rewards later this year
Activity: 696
Merit: 258
Don't compare with the highest price with the lowest price for a short term like 3 months. Just hold these coins for a year and then compare. If you could wait for some months then you would get x10 or x20 times returns. Just a little patience and waiting required to earn some profit since the whole crypto market is down now.
Activity: 420

Activity: 210
Borderless for the People, Frictionless for the Ba
All in all, we have lost some of our money, but our currency has not decreased, and bitcoin has increased, which is enough.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 783
Burpaaa
All my altcoin went down a lot. Titanium is probably the coin that went down the most in my portfolio. The ico price was at 1$ now it's something like 1$, I feel like it went down as much as bitconnect lol
There are lots of alt that really dips not only, the value of some even gets 50% lower from their ATH  or much lower in their ICO price, it is normal since BTC price decrease, at this time we should clean our portfolio and just left those alts that have potential growth as their team is working on their progress.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
Prices fell strongly. I bought too many alts in December-January, when they grew up. Now there is nothing else but to wait.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Seems like the poll tells that I'm among those who've lost the most. Roll Eyes

I've been holding some alts from trading and bounty campaign and it seems that most of them especially from the bounty campaign are down atleast 100% and more, so sad to see those amounts but i'm optimistic that it will be reduced this month Smiley

That's a good thing. You've to create space around and continue working hard during a bearish market so you don't take a massive hit. Just holding isn't the best option, hold and work together to maximize your portfolio. I've been working on this strategy myself as well for a while now, seems to be going great.
Activity: 196
I've been holding some alts from trading and bounty campaign and it seems that most of them especially from the bounty campaign are down atleast 100% and more, so sad to see those amounts but i'm optimistic that it will be reduced this month Smiley
Activity: 686
All portfolio near 40%. Some alts more, some less. But I don't hold only. I try to trade. In every week was coin that gave some profit. And as I heart spring will be in second part of summer  Grin
I think that explains why you only lost something close to 40% because on average everyone that is just holding their coins is probably losing a lot more money than that, however you need to be careful after all you never know when the market could go up again, and if at that time you are holding fiat you could lose a great deal of money because you're not holding cryptocurrencies at the moment the growth happens.
Activity: 263
Merit: 101
All portfolio near 40%. Some alts more, some less. But I don't hold only. I try to trade. In every week was coin that gave some profit. And as I heart spring will be in second part of summer  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: