Pages:
Author

Topic: How safe is it to put everything in one cryptocurrency? - page 10. (Read 3727 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 104
For my opinion, I would like to invest many altcoins prefer to one cryptocurrency only, the main reason is the crypto market is volatility and hard to predict, you will be trapped when the market is fallen, so I never like to invest one altcoins only.
Activity: 346
Merit: 1
It only save for panic attacks. I will advice you invest in and outside of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 110
It is absolutely unsafe. It's all exactly what to put putting all the eggs in one basket. You violate the main rule of the investor, the rule of diversification. Always divide your portfolio into small parts, it will reduce your risks and help keep your sanity.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
Never a good idea for an individual to put everything into one basket in cryptocurrency; as this can be devastating and detrimental. Safest way which is ethical in cryptocurrency is diversification of portfolio than operating on a single portfolio.

I agree, putting an egg in one basket can be more risky at this time, regardless of what investment you are taking into it, the best thing to do is to scatter the investments into different coins, which is can be less risky, in the sense that a big loss can be prevented. A golden rule of some successful businessmen is that, never trust to only one business, diversify the business.
copper member
Activity: 150
Merit: 30
If you put all your savings in bitcoin it is ok,also I consider investing in Etherium is a safe deal  

Nothing is safe in cryptoworld as you can see even so-called stablecoins show drop for different reasons.

If we decide to invest all money in one coin, then we have a 100% confidence in its growth or some lind of inside info. Otherwise I (or any other reasonable person) don't advise doing so.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
https://saturn.black
I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?
It seems to me that the more in your cryptocurrency portfolio of different good coins, the better. I wouldn't stop at just two, I'd take at least 10 different coins.
Activity: 364
Merit: 6
When we talk about it being "safe", it means that it has a low risk of losing your money, am I right? And when it comes to investments in cryptocurrency, you can never be so sure. Prices today will be different an hour later. It will be different a day later. Prices of different coins varies depening on its volume and demands. And investing your money in one coin will have an extreme risk of losing your money.
Activity: 45
Merit: 10
With such an unstable market, it is quite risky. The first rule of an investor is to diversify his portfolio. And you have to choose from the top 20 coins. Or invest in bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?

Since you've mentioned the word "everything", I think it's worth reminding that you shouldn't invest money which you may need for living in the nearest future. But if you have spare money without which you can survive the upcoming year, then you can invest in crypto, and I think your first option is way better than the second one. It is very likely that most altcoins will die in 2-5 years, and only 20-30 of them will remain. So, investing in all of the current ones you are risking to lose 80%-90% of your investment, even if some of the coins will provide you with good profits. I think if you still want to invest in many different coins, you should invest in 20 coins, 10 of which will most likely survive. Do your own research, of course, but since you asked I'm going to show you my top 20. They are(apart from Bitcoin, in which I would invest 50% no matter what): ETH, XRP, XLM, EOS, LTC, ADA, MIOTA, DASH, BNB, XEM, NEO, XTZ, ZEC, DOGE, LSK, ZIL, WAVES, STRAT, IOST, KMD, NXT, GAS, PPC. It turned out to be more than 20, but those are coins which, in my opinion, can rise 5-10 times in a year or two, although half of them may die.
Activity: 560
If you put all your savings in bitcoin it is ok,also I consider investing in Etherium is a safe deal  but if you wanna invest all your money in any different coin - I recommend you better not to do it ,try to create your portfolio with at least 4-5 cryptocurrencies ,it will save most of your deposit in case of scam any coin.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214

It's not a safe and bad idea, people have proven that time and time again, you can lose all your investment even if you are investing on a top coin because all coins are subject to manipulation and speculation, we have seen that from people entering at $20000 level thinking it will even double.
copper member
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
Experience have taught me never to put all in one cryptocurrency, Infact it is deadly put all one has in cryptocurrencies without considering alternative investments. Except for experienced traders who are sure of making good trades and profit. The ideal way is just to spread your investment in several good crypto projects, coins, ICO's, newly launched coins etc, after making careful research with a convincing result
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
If you invest everything into Bitcoin, it should be okay, it seems that Bitcoin was, is and probably will be the leader of cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
It seems to me that storing all your money in one or two currencies is very silly. It would be more reasonable to buy a lot of promising, in your opinion, coins, and some of them in any case will give you a profit.
Activity: 448
It is not safe to put all in one crypto currency, so make a diversification in your portfolio to avoid such thing.
I would advise you to hold at least 50 % in liquid crypto and another part to split between some potential altcoins.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
homt.net

I think investing into one or just two cryptocurrency project is not my best strategy, i believe in diversification of investments into multiple portfolio,this will help reduce the risk of loss according to Markowitz theory of diversification
Activity: 360
Merit: 12
Both concentrated investment and diversified investment have different strengths and weaknesses. This needs to be decided according to your situation. If you have confidence in purchasing crypto, you can get a high return by focusing on investment, but it may also cause you to quickly lose property when the crypto crashes!
Activity: 625
Merit: 125
At least 2 platform coins, bitcoin and ethereum, if you have really decided to put your eggs in 2 baskets at least.
If you have lots of funds, in terms of value, max allocation of 5 platforms/coins.

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
It all depends on that coin or token. I think it would be better to at least diversify into between 2-10 bags of different sizes and risk if you are looking to hold long term that is. I do not think it is very wise to just sit on one token or coin and hope in the rise of that token. Right now the market is manipulated a lot as well by the day traders, whales and bit institutions, so it looks like you will have to wait a very long time before you see any good in the markets.
Activity: 665
Merit: 107

It depends on the value that you have. I normally pick 3 to 6 coins/tokens so I can focus on these projects.
It also is prudent to read news daily as everything moves fast in the crypto space.
Pages:
Jump to: