Pages:
Author

Topic: How safe is it to put everything in one cryptocurrency? - page 19. (Read 3727 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 281
It is not safe to put all your investment in one cryptocurrency because of the risk involve in cryptocurrency investments. The best thing to do is to invest in multiple currencies say 5 so as to reduce losses in investing in one currency should anything go wrong
Then how do you know that thecurrency  will grow and will surely give profit?Sometimes investing in many coins may bring us lower chance of gaining.for me two of three coins is enough for holding so one may give us higher earning.this calls diversification a strategy that brings less losses to investors
Well, that is something that would depend on the currency you are holding.
If not for recently that I just decided to be holding pretty few altcoins at least, to some little bit of amount in some of them, I have never really considered altcoins as an option due to their pump and dump trend and to me, when it comes to long term hold, except for few of them, they are really not that something you will want to be putting all your mind into.

Unlike bitcoin, this is a market that has been in an uptrend right from the onset, and I want to believe this is one market I am so certain no matter how long you want to hold, you won't regret it. Not like I do not like the idea of altcoins, but at least, you can still be putting your funds in a market such as bitcoin and forgetting the rest.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
the focus in one or two cryptos in a large amount of capital will be able to provide pretty big results when it experienced a rise in value. clearly at high risk only because it is currently experiencing a price drop far enough then the harm is obtained is also not a bit. at least if the safe may have some coins to invest just in case looking for coins that could be having an increase.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
For me the answer is no why because in investing you don't really no if that particular project will pump up after you invest it is better for you to distribut that money in different places which is a little safe.
Activity: 144
Merit: 0
I think everyone's decisions are different, but if for myself if the coin development is more promising in the next year, I decide to fully invest in this field with all the risks I have to be prepared.

You will only invest to that coin if you see a good development? Thats a good step of choosing whay coin to invest. Im diversify my investments but Im only choose the best coins. And with this, I wont diversify too much because depending on the marker condition. Theres a time that its fine to stick to bitcoin only when alt market tanks.

I agree...maybe it's late for being early adopters of bitcoin but It's not too late for others coins...there is a good dose of luck of course, but you must always do your own researches...for example watch Elicoin in livecoinwatch , is not an ICO or bounty... it's a coin with low mc, low supply, PoW whit cpu, no premine, active dev...only trading it on CREX24 for now...do you own researches in the thread in bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3028302.0..I bought them 2 months ago and if you watch it in livecoinwatch you know why now I laugh very loud Smiley people are too stupid for DYOR and got scammed by ICO or bounty...just my 2 cents...hope it helps...cheers
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
I think everyone's decisions are different, but if for myself if the coin development is more promising in the next year, I decide to fully invest in this field with all the risks I have to be prepared.

You will only invest to that coin if you see a good development? Thats a good step of choosing whay coin to invest. Im diversify my investments but Im only choose the best coins. And with this, I wont diversify too much because depending on the marker condition. Theres a time that its fine to stick to bitcoin only when alt market tanks.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1128
It is not safe to put all your investment in one cryptocurrency because of the risk involve in cryptocurrency investments. The best thing to do is to invest in multiple currencies say 5 so as to reduce losses in investing in one currency should anything go wrong
I would say it depends on you as an individual and what you are holding. I have known a lot of people who really do not fancy altcoins at all and just prefer to leave all their investments in bitcoin, knowing that altcoins are just some form of distractions as the case may be.

Sure, a lot of people will talk about diversification, but if you really want to be diversifying, you should be going outside cryptocurrency and maybe into stocks or thereabout. Within cryptocurrency itself, it totally depends on what you are comfortable with but if I am to answer the question, it is not safe to be putting only your funds in altcoins.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
Catalog Websites
I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?
I would say if its only bitcoin, yes.
But if you'll invest to only one altcoin, I don't think that's a good choice.
They say diversify, yes that's fine but choose only the finest coins.
Activity: 616
Merit: 30
Then how do you know that thecurrency  will grow and will surely give profit?Sometimes investing in many coins may bring us lower chance of gaining.for me two of three coins is enough for holding so one may give us higher earning.this calls diversification a strategy that brings less losses to investors
Activity: 644
Merit: 102
Activity: 518
Merit: 10
Activity: 230
Merit: 4
I've been thinking a lot about this issue. I heard more than once that many are discussing this topic. Is it safe to invest everything in one, two cryptocurrencies? Or to distribute all the money in all the coins available for this amount?

I prefer to diversify it into three, it's risky if you put all your eggs in one basket, also, it is not recommendable to divide it into many coins because that would lower down your profits because initial amount of investments would narrow. Diversify it into three coins, maybe get a part on bitcoin and for those two could be a low cap coin, the reason is bitcoin is traded on most of the cryptocurrencies and more stable unlike the others so you could trade it against those two low cap coins that you hold.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
It is possible and in one, only you must have confidence that you will not lose your capital with this coin, but will receive a profit. The maximum number of such coins is ten, the rest are not suitable for such tactics.
Activity: 238

Investing in only one coin presents a higher risk than investing in multiple coins. Inveating in multiple coins is not safe either but there are more options in terms of price growth or fall.
Activity: 686
its best method to get huge profit and its best method to lost all your money too. so i dont recommend that. always be diversified and invest in 10 good alts. dont follow a one crypto coin madly. also dont love coins madly. every coin has different team and roadmap then you will get profit anytime. always be diversified.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
Better put not only one crypto but another potential crypto, because we don't know what will happens with our chosen crypto. If this crypto got a bad news, of course it will affect the price and you will lose all of your money...

If you follow my advice, if one crypto you have chosen falling you still have another crypto as backup...
You should always have a sets of plans, so in case that the first investment that you did failed you, better to have another options, but in somehow you really did trusted the project and you have a good insight that things would really turned into a positive side, then you can invest all in without any doubts, it's all about how well you understand and how your own assessment push you.
Activity: 700
That could goes 50:50, what i mean is there is 50% chance you get a good profit out of it, and 50% broke due to the project failing.
I suggest you spread your fund into several project/coins, that would be safer.
Activity: 179
Merit: 6
Infleum
I'd diversify into at least 5+ cryptos. Nothing is certain in this market and even top 10 coins have the potential to be worth nothing.
Activity: 420
Store in one currency more risky to lost your funds, but if it strong crypto with longlife time this risks minimal.
How i see this cryptomarket rise and down massively. if bull all rise, if fall all fall
Activity: 826
Merit: 265

Having a single option is always been a bad idea because why choose one when you can have many?

Using the ALL IN strategy is applicable for a coin that you have 100% profit but if not,then consider DIVERSIFICATION for this you may take 3-5 different coins that in your view has a potentialsnd may bring you gain in time,i have been using this for long and i can tell you that this is more than assured than single investing
Activity: 700
would look great in the only crypto invested ride height. However, to be able to get a fairly high rise with crypto will be difficult because many existing cryptos has potential that is quite the same. give all to a single crypto will give a huge risk because prices are falling it will lose considerable capital it will definitely happen.
Pages:
Jump to: