Pages:
Author

Topic: how to break teenage video game addiction - page 17. (Read 3315 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
October 16, 2017, 12:23:10 PM
Games such as dota, dota2, csgo and much more caused the teenager addiction nowdays. How to prevent this things happen to our teenagers.

You can't stop them. Addiction is just a normal human trait that we all have. If we like something we tend to do it.

All you can do is mitigate by getting them involved in other things. Sports, book clubs, sniper school, etc.

Actually, addiction is a psychiatric diagnosis considered as a disease. Not to mix up with needs and hobbies we all have
Activity: 462
Merit: 102
October 16, 2017, 12:13:57 PM
If that were my son/daughter, I'd tell them to take a break and take a walk or two. If they dom't follow, I'll cut-off the wifi and watch them squirm like worms. Gotta give them tough love so that they'll learn that way.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
October 16, 2017, 12:11:12 PM
Games such as dota, dota2, csgo and much more caused the teenager addiction nowdays. How to prevent this things happen to our teenagers.

Redirect their attention into a more competitve and physical alternative like sports and exercise. I was addicted to DotA 2 and Warframe before and got kinda involved into weight lifting. After that, I never looked back to DotA 2. I play on very rare occassions.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029
October 16, 2017, 11:34:52 AM
It truly has become a near epidemic within our societies. The fact is, people naturally choose the path of least resistance. This allows them to become an arch type hero in "their" world. When in reality, it is meaningless.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
October 16, 2017, 11:19:55 AM
It's just a stage in life and it's going to pass very soon, I used to be addicted to playing games a lot especially when i didn't have my own console, it got to a time that when i had my own console i played till i eventually got bored with it. Let them play it will get to a time when they will realize that they are other things important than video games.
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 16, 2017, 11:15:30 AM

Make time for your children. Spend time being with them, bonding, eating out and the likes. I've observed that majority of those addicted to online games have families that almost doesn't care the way they should. Make your children feel better whenever you're with them so that they'd prefer to spend time with you instead
Activity: 259
Merit: 250
October 16, 2017, 10:53:38 AM

Turn off the computer and make them do chores or get a job.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Russian hackers stole my legendary account. :(
October 16, 2017, 10:28:30 AM

You can't stop them. Addiction is just a normal human trait that we all have. If we like something we tend to do it.

All you can do is mitigate by getting them involved in other things. Sports, book clubs, sniper school, etc.

Activity: 621
Merit: 500
October 16, 2017, 04:59:39 AM
It is necessary to show children a lot of interesting games in real life. I'm sure that if a child shows how great it is to play tennis or volleyball, then he will not want to play video games.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
October 16, 2017, 04:48:54 AM
For many people struggling with addiction, the toughest step toward recovery is the very first one: deciding to make a change. It’s normal to feel uncertain about whether you’re ready to make a change, or if you have what it takes to quit. Undecided Undecided Undecided Kiss
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
October 16, 2017, 04:40:25 AM
Pages:
Jump to: