Pages:
Author

Topic: how to break teenage video game addiction - page 16. (Read 3315 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
October 18, 2017, 06:52:33 PM
Cant prevent it teenagers are going to choose what they will. But what you can do is try to educate and show them what their life will be like 5-10 years from now. If somebody had told me at 25 I would stop playing video

games I would have laughed in their face. But funnily enough I no longer want to play shooter and sports games anymore. Show the weak future with too much video consumption and that will change all their minds imo  Kiss
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
October 18, 2017, 06:06:38 PM
Cut-off your internet and restrict them from using some of the gadgets cause they have alot of free time that they dont know how to use.
Activity: 350
Merit: 107
October 18, 2017, 06:04:35 PM
I was addicted. But i stopped playing video games with 20. It was hard to get off it. Now maybe one time in 3 months play it. When you get into life you will stop. College and girlfriends you just say to yourself ok what am i doing here with 20 years and everybody else is going out and enjoy.

Girlfriends, the same women who spend their time with reality television, shopping, movies, and full-on media consumption?

Everybody else is going out? Going out and doing what, exactly? Wasting money on alcohol on drunken weekend nights? Watching movies? More media consumption?

My point being, you have a negative impression on gaming, yet you seem to think other people's vacuous lifestyles are somehow superior. Obviously not everyone wastes time with useless media consumption and drunken bar nights, but where I live, that's the general social interaction...I also believe that here in the west, it's the current lifestyle. I'd much rather play video games, spend time at the gym, trade crypto, etc. Gaming is not bad.
Activity: 350
Merit: 107
October 18, 2017, 05:52:34 PM
Anyone who blames video games for their addictions is being ridiculous, no offense. Someone who is "addicted" to video games has an addiction problem; it has nothing to do with video games but rather, the individual.

Gaming is fucking awesome. But like anything else in life, don't overdo it.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
October 18, 2017, 03:23:34 PM
Video games are look like a illness for teenage and they spend their many times with it and they lost their control and they dont live real life because of video games , i think parents have to be carefull for this illness and parents have to take out children and spent their time with children .
Activity: 97
October 18, 2017, 03:06:18 PM
I spend more than 4 hours per day on video games when I was teenager. I stopped doing this bad habit by trying to spend my time doing something else more important such as freelancing. When I earned my first cash from freelance activities, I realized that It was a good decision to move on from video games to something more profitable.
Activity: 265
Merit: 100
Pretty kewl right?
October 18, 2017, 02:19:05 PM
it's normal if you will ask me, I mean it we all had some kind of addiction, they'll stop eventually just let them enjoy for a while, though it's a different story if this games will affect their studies. You can try sports, play with them either Basketball, Volleyball or Soccer as a substitute, but to be honest I'd rather have my children play games all day than to see him drinking and smoking, worst doing beyond it.
Activity: 226
Merit: 102
October 18, 2017, 01:53:57 PM
I was addicted. But i stopped playing video games with 20. It was hard to get off it. Now maybe one time in 3 months play it. When you get into life you will stop. College and girlfriends you just say to yourself ok what am i doing here with 20 years and everybody else is going out and enjoy.
Activity: 994
Merit: 302
October 18, 2017, 01:10:13 PM
This pretty common with the boys here in my lower-income community. They usually just go from one shop to another looking for people to compete with. It sure does make them easier to search though since you just need to check the net cafes.

Though it might cause some problems, I'd rather have them spending their time playing rather than doing drugs, getting into gang fights or coming home with a pregnant girlfriend.
Activity: 1273
Merit: 507
October 16, 2017, 11:24:15 PM
Games such as dota, dota2, csgo and much more caused the teenager addiction nowdays. How to prevent this things happen to our teenagers.

You can't stop them. Addiction is just a normal human trait that we all have. If we like something we tend to do it.

All you can do is mitigate by getting them involved in other things. Sports, book clubs, sniper school, etc.

i agree you cannot stop them in playing online games. because their mindset is just to play because they are too young to work. but they can substitute sports games to let online game go away.
Activity: 98
October 16, 2017, 10:05:51 PM
Games such as dota, dota2, csgo and much more caused the teenager addiction nowdays. How to prevent this things happen to our teenagers.

Anything addicted was so hard to stop, but you can try with to do something in business. I also addicted to games, before I can spend 8-10 hours in games everyday, how I stop that, first motivate myself or put something positive in my mindset, "If I keep gaming like these how my future will be?" From 8 hours/day now only 1 hour playing games, actually since I join this forum I more like do something useful for my futures, like participate in bounty, first I try write an article till now maybe 30 minute playing games.
Activity: 336
Merit: 0
October 16, 2017, 09:22:33 PM
I think addiction is not harmful if it spent to good things. But it's so much harmful for teenagers to addictions of video game. So we should gives teenager lot of Love.always take care of teenagers.I think If  teenagers playing real games like football, cricket,handball etc to break teenagers video game addiction.
Activity: 112
October 16, 2017, 07:40:57 PM
Every one must addict to certain thing. Actually, addiction is not bad when it happen to good things. As we know now days, there are so many kind of video games that make teenagers addict to it. It is the impact of the improvement of technology. We can not avoid it. The best way to solve this kind of problem is not to break teenagers from the addiction, but we should prevent the them to not addict. It can be done by giving them understanding about the worse impact of it, accompany them when playing. And make sure that they should study even though they play it.
Activity: 644
Merit: 257
Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!
October 16, 2017, 03:26:12 PM

It's really hard to stop addiction, the best way is to limit the student's allowance or limit their play time because studying is supposed to be their priority. It's really hard to study if you are addicted to computer games, because you will forget your priority. Most teenagers go home late after school because of computer games.
Activity: 266
Merit: 103
October 16, 2017, 07:29:38 PM
I used to be addicted to video games when I was in high school. I had an Xbox 360 and was deep into FPS games (was a huge Halo fan). Eventually my house was robbed, my gaming console and all my games were stolen. I just sort of coped. When I finally had the money - instead of buying a new console I just kept saving. It's not easy to just drop video games like that but once you go 1 week without games you'll notice you don't really need it.

It sounds easier than it is but it's the truth. Just stop playing for a while, do something productive (video games are in a sense productive but unless you have a twitch.tv with 1000+ subs, it isn't THAT productive haha...no offense of course)
Activity: 1036
Merit: 109
October 16, 2017, 02:53:39 PM

Well, this is quite hard because I've been to teenage stage too. It's hard to break a habit once you enjoy it. I'm addicted to video games when I was in college to, however, it's difficult to stop when you start getting addicted to it. The only thing that I've done when I was on the peak of my addiction is that, I keep my self on track and remember that I should graduate college and earn a degree. I was able to finish college even if I'm playing video games.
Activity: 170
October 16, 2017, 02:37:47 PM
Since I was a child, like 5-6 years old, I loved playing video games. Now, at almost 24 years old I still find myself playing for hours with my friends games like league of legends, overwatch and so on. I mostly enjoy playing multiplayer games. I find it weird that somehow, I managed to quit ciggarettes, I drink only socially but somehow gaming is so addictive to me.
So far, the only way in which I managed to quit was deleting all the games from my pc, building a strict schedule and doing my best to respect it.
If one keeps himself/herself engaged in studying, socializing, working out or other activities I think the addiction can eventually be overcome since at some point it can get pretty annoying due to the fact that it can make one pretty unproductive.
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES
October 16, 2017, 01:37:25 PM
Discipline them for the usage of gadgets tell them the bad effects of it but if it does not work cut your internet that is the only solution. Accept that this is the modern society developed with technologies.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
October 16, 2017, 12:27:03 PM

Just do not spoiled them.  I think and if ever I have a child of my own, I will buy them game console or cellphones when they rich college.  Or in case you already bought them these gadgets, it would be better if you have a contract or an arrangement.  Arrangement like they will play for only 1 to 3 hours after that the next time would be on the other day.  It is just being strict.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
October 16, 2017, 12:23:57 PM
I think if you try to know negative things those game then it's possible.You can try to busy with your family, friends.Try to know bad effects of those games.
Pages:
Jump to: