Pages:
Author

Topic: How to Choose a Good ICO - page 82. (Read 10149 times)

Activity: 189
Merit: 0
February 13, 2018, 03:46:02 PM
Hi guys, there are so many ICOs, such as those listed in https://www.coinschedule.com. It's pretty hard to review them one by one.

Which elements I need to consider, the team? the product? the promoting technology? or something else?

Thanks for any suggestions Smiley
I would recommend you to research on it because when i was also a newbie in crypto i was also scared a little bit because i didnt had the knowledge so i researched alot. I would suggest you to look up to these steps :1. Check the crypto currencies forum page on bitcointalk forums. 2. Search about flashy images and good page setup. 3. Search about transparent team and many more etc.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 326
February 13, 2018, 07:47:53 AM
Myself chose ICO based on its popularity. sometimes if almost all bitcointalks know it and some accounts that look trust also believe I might be in it. more by doing personal research and looking at other proffesional responses
Activity: 392
Merit: 152
February 13, 2018, 07:39:09 AM
It is getting harder and harder to find a good ICO.
Some ICOs with much hype didn't end up with good return.
We have to gather info and analyze it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
February 13, 2018, 07:28:30 AM
First, there is an ANN thread in bitcointalk about the ICO project,A good ICO project will have a ANN thread in bitcointalk
Then follow their twitter and telegram, so their followers can judge whether the project is hot or not.
Then search for the open source code for this project in gtihub.
Activity: 266
Merit: 17
February 13, 2018, 07:23:46 AM
For me personally its very hard to find what good ICO I'm going to join, So what I do is read the white paper, ann thread and checking crowd sale then I asked my friend if that ICO has a potential.
copper member
Activity: 420
February 13, 2018, 07:20:14 AM
While Going to ICO  read the Whitepaper , Join  ICO Social Media  like Bitcointalk Forum , Telegram , Twitter so you can check how much active admin there and their Response so you can get idea about  project .
EMV
Activity: 183
February 13, 2018, 07:17:42 AM
Hi guys, there are so many ICOs, such as those listed in https://www.coinschedule.com. It's pretty hard to review them one by one.

Which elements I need to consider, the team? the product? the promoting technology? or something else?

The website - the person of any project, and ICO - not an exception. Therefore important to begin project assessment with it. Usually are posted on the website: information on the project, a contact information and the offer to buy tokens.

Description

It is very important to study the official description of the project. In it usually potential investors are told about architecture of the project, the market and risks. Special attention is paid to technical details. Here the project purposes have to be designated, the business plan and also accurately is provided and financing stages are it is clear specified. The purposes have to be logical and achievable. If the official description contains examples of a code or the reference to storage of data, is a good sign. The more technical details, the better.

If the idea is formulated vaguely, or authors abuse terminology to disguise a lack of sense of the message, is a bad omen.

Team

The good team is not less than 50% of success of the project. Therefore it is important that on the website there was information on participants of team, with the detailed description of their experience and a contact information. The project will look it more convincing if some of its participants already have behind shoulders other successful projects in the field of technology a blockchain.

Road map

Besides told above, the reliable website of ICO has to contain the road map describing financing stages what money, and time frames of implementation of the project will be spent for. It is necessary to pay attention to whether answer planned in the road map to the purpose to general purposes of the project, and how really to reach them in the specified terms.

If authors promise to make something improbable in very short time, it has to guard.

Having finished carrying out such research, it is necessary to estimate whether application in this project of technology a blockchain is justified. If it is not clear how the final product will benefit from use of this technology and as will be able to be ahead due to it of competitors, it is better not to be got involved in such ICO.
Activity: 122
February 13, 2018, 07:15:01 AM
For you to find a good ICO visit their website and click on ABOUT US there because you'll find that you're really satisfied with their project so you do not have to work hardthere are ICOs most scams after the project they do not pay at all, so you do some research for you to find a good ICO.
Activity: 71
February 13, 2018, 07:06:43 AM
the ico's bench is amazing !! but nothing is re you know..
Activity: 70
February 13, 2018, 06:56:54 AM
ICO investments is akin to gambling. You can never be 100% sure about getting your money's worth. Just listen to the voice of reason.
Good team is a big plus, like someone who has a ton of experience in blockhain. Or, if the ICO is relevant to some other industry, people with a ton of experience in that particlular sphere.
The other one is results. If people have already put some work in their project, the chance of them abandoning it is next to none. It's too much work to put actual effort into something if youre planning to just grab the money and run.
Thats kinda why I'm so excited about VLB token.
Just... I dunno, use your brains, you have them for a reason.
Activity: 132
February 10, 2018, 03:48:57 AM
Apart from the things you listed. You have to consider people wanting to expand business with you, you will check their roadmap, check their competitors, what they have that will make their product.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
February 09, 2018, 05:11:11 PM
These days it is very hard to find a good ICO, you have to read in this forum, whitepaper, check if people are interested in this project or not. Also check their developer, founder and marketing department, etc There are so many scam, i would personally stay away from ICO.
Yes, indeed, before investing in ICO it is necessary to conduct a lot of research work, but this is a good way to earn big money. A careful study of the project reduces the risk of scam almost to zero.
Activity: 208
February 09, 2018, 01:33:15 PM
The key is to perform due diligence and understand the market, the companies, and their solutions to figure out if they have the potential to succeed and provide ample returns for their investors.
I would highly suggest to "nitpick the white paper". A white paper serves as the company’s pitch to potential investors. As such, it should be well-written and substantial enough to provide compelling arguments on why people should trust the venture with their investments. Also know the people behind them. Team members must display expertise in their respective roles and have proven track records and experience in the industry that they seek to disrupt.

Activity: 532
Merit: 107
February 09, 2018, 12:43:40 PM
These days it is very hard to find a good ICO, you have to read in this forum, whitepaper, check if people are interested in this project or not. Also check their developer, founder and marketing department, etc There are so many scam, i would personally stay away from ICO.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
February 09, 2018, 12:38:50 PM
If you compare few months back and now, number of the promising ICOs have dropped to some extent. In Crypto field or not, when you are going to do an investment, there are lot of things you should do. Take your time, ICOs display messages to urge you to invest, but do not get caught by their traps. There are lot of scammers doing huge campaigns and looks very promising at a glance. You have to take your own risk.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
February 09, 2018, 12:17:42 PM

maybe you can see what about the projek.. and fund of ico raised softcaps
i think it can called good ico and you can join the bounty or giveaway then you can invest in ico
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
MINTER
February 09, 2018, 11:47:13 AM
For the first time, I usually see what the content and look of the website look like, and also I usually see from the side of the graph or the interesting images used in introducing their project. Or if the reply response in the thread has been much since the bounty thread has just been created. Then I decided to follow the ICO.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
February 08, 2018, 12:57:16 PM

I think everyone want to find the answer to your question ,so do I. I will spend my time to read all the replies to your topic , after that , I may be closer to the answer.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network
February 08, 2018, 12:51:39 PM
Man its a bit of luck as you cant keep track of all for example take GBX for example its done with minimal effort. I would recommend follow the Hero members advice and keep an open eye on various sites available.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
February 08, 2018, 12:47:40 PM
When choosing an ICO, pay attention to where the project team has already participated, study their biographies, technical skill, frequency of mentioning names in the press. Developers should also inspire confidence. Well, if the team actively participates in the dialogue with the community and specifies the maximum of contact data, it means that they are ready to inform the world as much information about the project as possible and are themselves interested in its long-term development.
I fully agree with this. I have already met projects that are open to the public. This is very inspiring when you can ask a question to the team and get a clear answer to it. In such projects much less chance to meet with scam.
Pages:
Jump to: