Pages:
Author

Topic: How to choose the right ICO? - page 27. (Read 7891 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 21, 2018, 11:53:47 PM
temporarily off
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
February 21, 2018, 08:09:35 PM
A white paper serves as the company’s pitch to potential investors. As such, it should be well-written and substantial enough to provide compelling arguments on why people should trust the venture with their investments. Nitpicking the white paper could prove useful in revealing the details of how their solutions work and what need areas they will be addressing.
it's easy to make a whitepaper especially when you are good in writing and composing a paragraph, this is a plus points if you consider that ICO is legit and doesn't have any sketchy element but if you are not sure with the ICO being a legit one i think we should always consider the teams background first before anything else.
Activity: 448
Merit: 106
quarkchain.io
February 21, 2018, 04:32:03 PM
the team is indeed very influential, so much more reasonable if the selected team. Therefore if you want to monitor a project can be seen in advance of the team that handles the project profile.

completely agree with you, project team is very important factor, which you need to pay attention to.
i have a good example of such a project - Vehicle Lifecycle Blockchain. it has a strong team with a solid background and strong group of advisors even from IBM! i definitely trust this project and thinking about investing.

I am going to say something that may sond weird, but it is true: If you are investing on an ICO for the short term, you don´t need a good project, just good marketing.
I agree with you. If there is a great public interest in the project, this is often enough to increase the price, after the ICO
Activity: 364
February 21, 2018, 01:20:45 PM
A white paper serves as the company’s pitch to potential investors. As such, it should be well-written and substantial enough to provide compelling arguments on why people should trust the venture with their investments. Nitpicking the white paper could prove useful in revealing the details of how their solutions work and what need areas they will be addressing.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 344
February 21, 2018, 12:43:28 PM
by looking at the structure and scheduling of the ICO and with whom they cooperate in the sale of tokens that may be the most important
Merit: 14
QuickX ICO
February 21, 2018, 08:56:29 AM
the team is indeed very influential, so much more reasonable if the selected team. Therefore if you want to monitor a project can be seen in advance of the team that handles the project profile.

completely agree with you, project team is very important factor, which you need to pay attention to.
i have a good example of such a project - Vehicle Lifecycle Blockchain. it has a strong team with a solid background and strong group of advisors even from IBM! i definitely trust this project and thinking about investing.

I am going to say something that may sond weird, but it is true: If you are investing on an ICO for the short term, you don´t need a good project, just good marketing.
Activity: 50
February 20, 2018, 11:21:47 AM
The ICOs I invest in all have a few things in common.
1. They must have an idea which is understandable and  has a need for a token.
2. They must have a professional website with a whitepaper, and a quality roadmap.
3. I want a diverse team, which includes programmers and financial people. Connections and experience are key, so is diversification. A single nation/race team likely won't succeed abroad.
4. If it smells like a scam or is too generous to insiders, stay away.
Activity: 88
Merit: 2
February 20, 2018, 11:01:51 AM
I think that there is no one criterion, it's all complex. Especially as more scammers become, and they can very easily make the appearance of a successful ICO

Yeah, even sometime you may think "that ICO looks not really reliable" but your heart tells you it's OK and you invest in it and get a huge profit. Intuition.  Smiley
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
February 20, 2018, 08:34:09 AM
I think that there is no one criterion, it's all complex. Especially as more scammers become, and they can very easily make the appearance of a successful ICO
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
February 20, 2018, 05:30:25 AM
the team has a huge influence in the running of an ICO. in running the draft and how to get the investors. the team should be able to play a role in such matters because of ICO can be successful and not.
Activity: 66
February 20, 2018, 04:30:32 AM
That's a trick question.

Team is big. If people have experience in similar projects, theres a good chance, it they will carry it through.
Business utility is important, because for the project to function, it needs to have a purpose in the first place.
But, since all of these things are supposed to be reflected in WP, I suppose, I have to say WP? As in, what it says, not what it looks like.

Someone mentioned VLB eariler here and yeah, its the team that attracted me first, but I stayed for utility, that I learned from whitepaper, so... Here ya go.
Activity: 364
February 20, 2018, 03:16:41 AM
judging from the experience of the team in the ICO as well as the flow of funds sent from the wallet to the ICO is whether there really is or not. if not then the ICO is just a fraud and do not have to be done
February 20, 2018, 02:43:33 AM
In my opinion is that we should read whitepaper first and take a advance  idea about that project . Then we should  confirm there dev is active and efficient by telegram community,twitter and facebook pages. Then if you think it has good potential,you can contribute their ico .
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
February 20, 2018, 02:33:11 AM
TRUST. I capitalized all of it because it's really a huge word and also fragile. I'm sure you've noticed a lot of ICO's making promises that is not fulfilled so for me, those who have integrity are the very best ICO to choose.

That is the major thing we have to assume because check their linked profile if they mentioned about the company. There are many companies now a days promising the right things and doing some good developments in terms of the project to get more awareness about their product.

Maybe, there should be a platform that will identify and analyze all the projects if it has potential prior to their marketing or release, somewhat like there is an approval in this group for example. also, get all the details of the development team so that we can track them if they will get run with our investment in a form of KYC. This is to protect also the welfare of the investors. Having a whitepaper, roadmap, dev team enough to say that the project is legit? 
Activity: 252
February 20, 2018, 02:17:28 AM
TRUST. I capitalized all of it because it's really a huge word and also fragile. I'm sure you've noticed a lot of ICO's making promises that is not fulfilled so for me, those who have integrity are the very best ICO to choose.

That is the major thing we have to assume because check their linked profile if they mentioned about the company. There are many companies now a days promising the right things and doing some good developments in terms of the project to get more awareness about their product.
Merit: 1
February 20, 2018, 01:44:32 AM
I was able to participate in ICO. it was my first time, it seems there's no update with the project, i guess the devs are running away with our investment.
February 19, 2018, 10:41:52 PM
I have yet to know about ICO. However, for the progress and success of an ICO, the most seem to play a role is running the team ICO. the team is very influential to success and whether ICO which is executed.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
February 19, 2018, 05:50:43 PM
Im bounty hunter,and i saw a lot of promises, but not enough action. Even big names in the team or advisers do not cost anything,for example McAfee.
I do not believe him already  Grin
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
February 19, 2018, 05:19:35 PM
Good team behind the project and the white paper or road map is promising.
Most people dislike reading them but this IS the entire project and is probably the most important document.
Activity: 200
Merit: 8
Power to gnomes!
February 19, 2018, 12:00:48 PM
There is the good theme: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2822896.new#new The author very well systematized a set of different methods of the analysis and collected everything in one place. It is convenient to make a table and check all items.
Pages:
Jump to: