Pages:
Author

Topic: How to known a Scam ICO - page 12. (Read 30791 times)

Activity: 209
Merit: 3
September 30, 2018, 09:42:20 PM
in fact there is not a special sign that indicates that the ICO scam. for it was during this time even ICO which also runs a scam, as does the ICO. so it will be difficult for our analysis.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
September 30, 2018, 09:31:58 PM
You must always make contact with the manager, if possible. because you have to know about the development of the project from the manager ico directly, or from their team. if there is no answer, we can be sure it's a scam.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
September 30, 2018, 09:25:46 PM
Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much
Buy coins on the Exchange is safer than you imagine, there are only two obstacles, namely: the price is down or DElisted.
If you invest in ICO, there may be many obstacles, for example: Fraud at the beginning of investment, a very long Coin to enter the Exchange and Coin after direct listing of Dump.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
September 19, 2018, 06:21:32 AM
Unfortunately we usually can't know until it's too late (or it's a bad scam ^^). Some dishonest people are very clever at making others believe anything.

Personally I'm suspicious when it sounds too good to be true (it's true in all domains of life).
Even with a super team and a super whitepaper, nothing is ever sure (I would rather look at big partners who could give credibility to the project)

Yes, scammers will never say they will scam you. Every plot has been planned so ahead, they are a group of scammers and they are smarter than anyone.

Strategic dashboards can also be an organization or agency drawn up without any agreement with them, most probably with projects supported by other major platforms such as NEO, ADA, ETH ...
Activity: 1313
Merit: 278
September 18, 2018, 08:30:41 AM
Sometimes it is enough to enter the "project name scam" in the google search box. However, most people are lazy to do even this thoughtlessly taking part in similar projects and then complaining that they received a red trust for nothing. But the most cunning scammers will certainly be well camouflaged and to identify them you need a deeper and more detailed analysis.
Activity: 770
Merit: 0
September 18, 2018, 07:43:59 AM
Thank so much

Start with the whitepaper, you can clearly get an idea about are they trying to achieve something natural or something just a fantsy.

Focus on the team and advisors.

Stay safe

How about if we check that ico listing in one exchange, so is it not scam? many thanks
Activity: 560
Merit: 251
September 18, 2018, 07:42:18 AM
if you want to get a lot of profit but the risk is very large you can join ICO because you can buy coins at very cheap prices, but losses can be experienced because prices are sometimes lower than ICO prices, but if you buy in exchange wait when all bounty hunters sell coins because when also the price of the coin will reach the lowest price
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
September 18, 2018, 07:22:01 AM
Make sure you know what you’re doing and remember to never invest more than what you can afford to lose. If you want to get winding in the blockchain operation, but you are not sure how to spot a ICO token scam from a true innovative project, here are some easy tips:
Research the team:- This is very important. Who is behind the operation? Is the team made up of well-known members of the digital assets community? Are they known in other areas? Have they been involved in previous program? If the answer is yes, then this may be an interesting moment. Just remember to check if the person is actually aware of the project as swindler may use famous names just to get people interested even though these are not part of the team.

Look for a whitepaper:- Whitepapers usually describe how the platform works both on the high-level and individually. This often includes charts, calculations, simulations, specifications and so forth. If your project suit that it is domicile some sort of decentralized service or ICO with new appearance and actually provides no explanation of how it works individually, then just close the document and walk away.

Benchmark their progress:- Scam projects will often make bold claims about their product even though said operation offers nothing new or rowdy. It’s not likely that a certain blockchain arena or cryptocoin will end poverty, fix global warming or replace the internet.

The info provided on the HashGains ICO site and in the whitepapers is very detailed and broad. These are broad indication and inherent reasons as to why HashGains ICO (HGS) have become so obviously popular among the masses.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
Our future BTC
September 18, 2018, 06:30:03 AM
SEC Make announcement
  Information from the SEC (US Securities and Exchange Commission) has spread. · Interpretation as a "fraudulent act" with a significant change in the roadmap after the ICO. · Even if you do not change, the ability to handle similar cases when development is delayed significantly. In the above cases, there may be days when ICO participants can sue the project.
 https://twitter.com/Ryugunsun/status/1041819853802176512

The SEC is working on problems
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰
September 18, 2018, 06:28:34 AM
I have prepared a checklist for this purpose. Please check it out;

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.37046725

Activity: 266
Merit: 15
September 18, 2018, 06:24:51 AM
SCAM ICO could be identified by a simple review during which you should just follow these steps:

Step 1) Is there a well-developed prototype or a working product (soft)? if not then go away. if yes, go to step 2
Step 2) does it has escrow? if not then go away. if yes, go to step 3
Step 3) does the soft cap was already raised.  if not then go away. if yes, then enter a token sale or participate in bounty.
Activity: 33
September 18, 2018, 06:20:07 AM
10 signs recognize a scam ICO
1. Anonymous Team DEV - fake profile
2. No use for coin
3. sketchy whitepaper
4. Do not provide contact
Commitment to profit when investing
6. Use sentences that are passive, engaging
7. Use a lot of buzzwords, also known as "cutting the wind"
8. No roadmap (development trip) or yes that is not realistic
9. No demo products
10. Intuition
Activity: 280
September 18, 2018, 06:14:48 AM
Scam ICO? No, there is no clear sign of a scam ICO. But there some my red flags:

- Fake team profile
- No contact details
- The Whitepaper Sets Unrealistic Goals

And i think in this time, you shouldnt buy ICO. Just buy some strong altcoin and HOLD
Activity: 29
September 18, 2018, 05:39:47 AM
Each ICO project has certain development benefits. In addition, there are many risks that can not be predicted. "Scam" is a very sensitive word, and probably the one we will want to avoid most when investing in the electronic money market. Before investing in any ICO project, the first thing we need to care about is the development team. But their names, positions, degrees do not measure the quality of the team as people often mistakenly, but the previous projects that they have made and succeed. Any ICO project that does not explicitly provide information about the dev team or deliberately fake profile is a sign of a potentially bad phishing project. A sketchy, uncluttered, low-level whitepaper is a testament to the attitude of the team to the project they are trying to call for. How can they do great things even if their whitepaper is superficial
Activity: 294
September 18, 2018, 05:28:37 AM
Read the white paper, watch the development team, the real use of the token, also watch traffic on Alexa, pay attention to the project Manager.
Thank you for the advice and I would like to be supplemented by your advice

Reading the whitepaper is very necessary to see if their roadmap is properly designed, check carefully if the whitepaper is not there or do not follow the roadmap, it is ICO scam.

Next up is the development team, make sure they are on the big forums and you have enough information about them

The most important thing is probably the community, check how many they have folloewd on Facebook, TW, Telegram
Activity: 131
Merit: 2
September 17, 2018, 09:11:23 AM
This is my Red Flags :

1. The first thing you see on their websites is 'Buy tokens now', '50% discount ending in x days', a count down timing to the end of ICO (means they only care about the money, not the project itself)
2. Heavy advertising on ROI (how much you can potentially earn etc)
3. No contact details (or fake)
4. Whitepaper focuses on ROI instead of the problems and proposed solutions
5. Fake team (please Google or LinkedIn search to verify the team members)
6. The idea itself doesn't need a blockchain but they die die want to use blockchain (to grab money, duh)
7. 'Buy' advisers (those advisers serve only 1 role, put their LinkedIn profile on the website, and that's all). If the advisers are 'advising' 40 and 50 projects at the same time, I don't know how they can add value to the projects.
8. Parent company is failing or running out of money so they pivot to blockchain to raise fund and stay afloat
Activity: 308
September 17, 2018, 09:05:17 AM
Thank so much
There are many ICOs at the present time and many of them are scam projects. In my opinion, a scam ICO project means no one buys their pennies. A project without patrons, no trust from the wedsite check ICO
Activity: 29
September 17, 2018, 05:53:10 AM
The Signs of Knowing a Scam ICO:
1. Anonymous Team DEV - A fake profile: If any ICO project does not provide clear information about the dev team or deliberately fake profile is a sign of a bad project. potentially fraudulent.
2. No purpose of a coin: That means that, almost as we hold a coin that it increases, it does not know why it is rising, and it also does not know why it is falling.
3. Sketchy Whitepaper: A sketchy, uncluttered, low-level whitepaper is a testament to the attitude of the team to the project they are trying to raise capital. How can they do great things even if their whitepaper is superficial ?!
4. Failure to provide contact: If that's just fake information, or bogus, it's best to stay away from those projects.
Commitment to Investment Profits: Commitment to profitability in fraudulent ICO projects is simply a form of greed for greed to attract investors.
6. Use Sentence Sentence, Pull:
7. No roadmap (development journey) or yes that is not realistic.
Therefore, before you decide to participate in any ICO project, you should be careful and careful before investing.
copper member
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
September 17, 2018, 05:31:28 AM
you can see the team from the ico project, usually ico that scams using fake profiles. and you can see their ico transactions if ico is a scam they will manipulate the ico sales transaction. so be careful choosing ico.

currently it's better to buy coins on exchanges like Ltc, eos, and waves.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
September 11, 2018, 04:01:34 PM
Thank so much
there are a couple of things that could be telling about a scam coin, such as there not being any face behind their projects. Then there are the obvious ones that do not have any good product to offer to the investors which means that there is no way that the project is going to last a long time. if you want to buy the coin at a cheap price then you should be buying the coin right after they hit the exchanges before trading picks up
Pages:
Jump to: