Pages:
Author

Topic: How to known a Scam ICO - page 13. (Read 30791 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10
September 06, 2018, 04:36:57 PM
If you want to know about the latest ICOS that are scams, then I advise you to look in this section for a topic in which almost every day new ICO scams are published.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
September 06, 2018, 04:33:52 PM
If there seems far more effort at marketing pre-sales, crowd sales, airdrops and bounties--it could be a scam. Agree with comments to start with the white paper and team, see if they're doing anything unique. There are several ICOs claiming to focus on identity management, for example. But how are they different?

It doesn't take $20million to develop code--most of those efforts are raising money to raise more money--and they waste it on worldwide conferences, nice offices, perks for executives--then they pay some developers to actually make something. This is how 80% (according to the WSJ) did it in 2017 and they're already gone.

I finally found a project building something from the ground up, www.shardus.com
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
September 06, 2018, 04:27:27 PM
easy. if everything looks awesome and you see this firm everywhere; this ico is scam, you can believe with all your heart.
Activity: 91
September 06, 2018, 04:23:50 PM
Do your research on the team , whitepaper roadmap and token usage , make sure they have functioning website and telegram group that attend to questions not channel
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
September 06, 2018, 04:19:08 PM
I think that searching good ICO for investing or identify scam ICOs is really difficult work. But you can try to do it by yourself. There are many materials how to do it in internet (youtube channels, telegram groups and etc). There is no any universal way for it, but first of all you can learn ICO ratings, but you should know that these rating often ratings may be fake. That's why learn whitepaper of every ICO, try to understand what problem can solve technology or product is offered by the team. Also very important to learn information about team members, their experience and beta codes of the product, if it is possible of course. Additionally to it you can try to audit codes of smart contract if they are in GitHub.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
September 05, 2018, 04:23:19 AM
Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much

before u invest into any project u have to do more research first, for my opinion i will buy coin when ICO caused the price still low XD
Activity: 532
Merit: 170
September 05, 2018, 04:20:09 AM
Thank so much

it's not easy
You must read it first from all sources, white paper becomes the first part with a road map. the rest you have to research their team and the developer. that's why everything becomes a whole part to learn.
Activity: 336
https://saturn.black
September 05, 2018, 04:18:32 AM
Who can judge ICO scam when we can join the ICO. There are many channels they offer and certainly lots of hidden ones or no valid sales information. Websites that can work, teams that don't respond well. When plunging into the telegram group and the team is no longer active. Many of us will meet things that smell like scam after we jump in and participate.
Activity: 252
EVERID Decentralized platform for a new Economy
September 05, 2018, 04:13:20 AM
For one to fine out if and initial coin offering icos is a scam can be quite difficult well but it is always necessary and proper to always go through the white paper and also the team behind the project
that is true you should pay attention on this kind of things and on people in the ico communuty they should jot be suspisious
Activity: 252
EVERID Decentralized platform for a new Economy
September 05, 2018, 04:12:34 AM
Thank so much
it is jot as 3asy as it might seem but stillnit is pretty possible tontell good ico from a scam one when you have enough experience
Activity: 48
September 05, 2018, 04:12:12 AM
For one to fine out if and initial coin offering icos is a scam can be quite difficult well but it is always necessary and proper to always go through the white paper and also the team behind the project
Activity: 731
Merit: 100
September 05, 2018, 04:10:54 AM
Thank so much
if you want to invest in an ICO, all you have to do is research and see who the team is working behind the ICO project. You can also monitor developments and find the latest information from the ICO. It depends on your decision if you buy an ICO coin, that's is very good or buying coins on the exchange to keep it in the long run is also a good idea.
Activity: 265
Merit: 100
September 05, 2018, 04:05:45 AM
If any ICO project does not provide clear information about the team develop or deliberately fake profile is a sign of a potentially bad project. A sketchy, uncluttered, low-level whitepaper is a testament to the attitude of the team to the project they are trying to call for. How can they do great things even if their whitepaper is superficial.
Activity: 902
Merit: 101
September 05, 2018, 03:45:01 AM
according to me, check each member of the project team, make sure they are really not fake profiles. Usually ico scam uses fake profiles to be registered as an ico team.
Activity: 40
September 05, 2018, 03:12:47 AM
In my opinion, how to find out ICO fraud by analyzing the ICO. I used to use SWOT analysis. From this analysis, I can find out the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that exist in the ICO. From this analysis, I can consider whether the ICO will have a better chance of success or failure. That's the simple way that I do it. Another way that I do by looking at whether the ICO has whitepaper or not. If the ICO does not have a whitepaper then I rate the ICO as untrusted and will not join or follow the ICO. Lastly, I prefer to buy coins on exchangers rather than at ICO because I rate the coins in ICO as not yet 100 percent trusted.
Activity: 448
September 05, 2018, 03:04:09 AM
Read the white paper, watch the development team, the real use of the token, also watch traffic on Alexa, pay attention to the project Manager.
Activity: 260
Merit: 10
September 05, 2018, 03:01:07 AM
Thank so much
Well seriously speaking it is hard to identify whether a certain ICO is a scam or not but base on my own evaluation I must see whether the manager of the campaign is well known, because if it well known it if easy to say that it is already a legit because the manager already made a name in the industry compare to the anonymous manager it is hard to tell. I also get some advice from the people who have already a lot of experience in this kind of business and also I research thoroughly so that I will have no regret in the end.
Activity: 126
September 05, 2018, 02:54:36 AM
Before investing in any ICO to read their white papers, most fraudulent white papers attempt to create the world of dreams in the minds of readers. Look at the community's attitude toward it. Read the white paper carefully, and if there is too much overlap, it may indicate a lack of creativity on the part of the developer.
Activity: 176
ENCRYBIT — FUTURE OF CRYPTOEXCHANGE
September 05, 2018, 02:51:14 AM
It is not that easy to identify a scam ICO as there are no specific regulations for ICOs in some countries of the world. In United State of America ICOs regulation falls under the jurisdiction of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Respectively, in Europe and the United Arab Emirate, the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) and the Financial Services Regulatory Authority released guidance on ICOs. However, the case is not the same for other countries like Nigeria but investors need to know a scam ICO. As it is with any other types of investments, if a promoter guarantees returns, if an opportunity sounds too good to be true, or if you are pressured to act quickly, please exercise extreme caution and be aware of a scam ICO.
Activity: 89
August 28, 2018, 05:05:52 AM
I think you can observe whether the community of the ICO project is active, because the inactive community shows that he has few fans and their promotion methods are also problematic!
Pages:
Jump to: