Pages:
Author

Topic: How to known a Scam ICO - page 2. (Read 30791 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 21
March 10, 2019, 01:30:00 AM
Scammers are getting wise and always look for new ways to attract investors, this is my DONT s
1) I will never invest in any ICO or projects with anonymous developers or teams
2)if teams are available on website I always use picture tracking tools to search the pictures ,who knows you might detect that the pictures of the teams are stolen identities
3)the project must have a working product backing it up ,not just unrealistic promises
Activity: 1002
Merit: 250
March 09, 2019, 11:21:51 PM
To find out the fake ICO and what I have done is checking. What I check like Sites, Teams, and on social media channels. They must have a very experienced team and active social media accounts. I tried to join the telegram channel and they had to have an active team. If they kick us from the telegram channel because they ask when the coin will be sent, I think it's fake.
Every can be fake smoothly when they create an ICO project.
The best way to avoid Scam ICO nowaday is buy token of the
 project, which is supported by big exchange sites such as binance.com.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 379
March 09, 2019, 11:14:56 PM
It is hard to find out the scam ICOs now but i have learn how to know the scam ICOs by simply checking their website, whitepaper, roadmap and the team behind this ICOs, specially the team is unknown do not waste your time that ICOs are scam.
Activity: 316
Merit: 1
Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl
March 09, 2019, 07:56:21 PM
To find out the fake ICO and what I have done is checking. What I check like Sites, Teams, and on social media channels. They must have a very experienced team and active social media accounts. I tried to join the telegram channel and they had to have an active team. If they kick us from the telegram channel because they ask when the coin will be sent, I think it's fake.
Activity: 204
Merit: 250
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
March 09, 2019, 07:53:54 PM
Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much

There is a lot of ICO project scam at the moment and I think it's easy to recognize it. You can find a lot of scam ICO project in the Social and at the website tokentops.com. And at the bad market at the moment, you should not invest in ICO, please buy the top coins like BTC, ETH and hold until the next year.
Activity: 910
Merit: 251
March 09, 2019, 07:49:45 PM
Thank so much

If everything to their team together with the developer or the owner are anonymous, well you better think about that.
Or avoid it immediately. Then, check the WP(whitepaper) if is fake or not. And I suggest you to buy altcoins in the exchange rather than
ICO, because of it are really dangerous to invest in it.
Activity: 784
Merit: 100
March 09, 2019, 07:45:25 PM
I think that it is still better to buy coins and tokens only on the exchange, since the cost of them during the ICO itself will be higher, and most often the cost is much higher.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
March 09, 2019, 07:20:03 PM
Thank so much

This is an easy one, if project mention it's an ICO, then will be scam, if it isn't scam in that monet it will be scam in the future, and that's because the nature of icos made them that way. More than 90% of ICOs already run with the money. So be careful.
Very well said, even these ICO's already succeed into their sale then sooner or later they would just still end up on the same path like dumping
all the way to the floor.

There might be some coins which do succeed and climb up on rankings but 98% of them would really end up dying so I don't still consider them to be legit.
Activity: 260
Merit: 1
March 09, 2019, 07:18:14 PM
What i've noticed is fakers are usually using ready made sites. If their site is built on a common, free template, and you can see it doesn't have a lot of features and nobody paid for making it, you can smell a scam. A legit dev team won't be afraid to invest their money into the project.
Next thing I usually notice is the fake pictures. If the pictures of their team members were taken from other sites you can expect a scam as well. If you are planning to put fake pictures, it's better not to include them at all.
Any fake info should disqualify the project, like a fake address, fake picture of an office or the office building, company registered at a common address used by many other businesses, where they're just renting a room to be able to post a location. Check everything.
I have interest of reading your post but I don't think not all people can understand some part of your statement

** If their site is built on a common, free template, and you can see it doesn't have a lot of features and nobody paid for making it, you can smell a scam** is agreed but those mere persons in crypto may not able to study all project pictures and make comparison to see  that he found those same pictures in the other site. But creating a platform to be checking that will be the best solution so that any fake project found is banned and announcement can also make other social medias to alert bounty Hunter.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 3092
March 09, 2019, 07:07:49 PM
Thank so much

This is an easy one, if project mention it's an ICO, then will be scam, if it isn't scam in that monet it will be scam in the future, and that's because the nature of icos made them that way. More than 90% of ICOs already run with the money. So be careful.
Activity: 728
Merit: 130
March 09, 2019, 06:55:41 PM
I think that first of all you need to study well the project team and large investors who are planning to invest in the project. If the project team is suspicious, you would not advise you to invest in this project.
Activity: 510
BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange
March 09, 2019, 06:34:10 PM
Always do your own research about the project but if you are new on crypto then I suggest you to seek advice from experts or if you have friends that has a wide knowledge on this space. Most of the people get scammed because of their laziness on reviewing the details about the team and the project.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
March 09, 2019, 06:16:35 PM
Of everything that people say is the right way to analyze ICO fraud features. We must know two things, namely good ICO characteristics and fraud to be more complete and not easily trapped. I am personally more likely to see from the Team because in my opinion the Team is the person who determines everything from the project.
Yes, the team of the project is a factor that can handle everything. If they have enough power, they can make the most unnecessary presence valuable. You should also do research on the forum and other places. You can surely find something if ICO is scam.
Activity: 686
March 09, 2019, 06:11:25 PM
Of everything that people say is the right way to analyze ICO fraud features. We must know two things, namely good ICO characteristics and fraud to be more complete and not easily trapped. I am personally more likely to see from the Team because in my opinion the Team is the person who determines everything from the project.
Activity: 462
Merit: 13
March 09, 2019, 05:56:27 PM
Just do much research on the project and try to find the gaps within it. For the buying of coins it all depends on you, for coins already on exchange you could tell and estimate your gain but with that of ICO you don't really know how it will go and even some projects even never get listed.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219
February 27, 2019, 02:06:15 PM
Thank so much
It is now hard to know if an ICO is scam or not because mostly ICO projects are now scams and unsuccessful, so it will difficult to predict if it is legitimate. If you want to know if an ICO project is scam or not you better check if the team members of that project can be trusted or not because maybe they only shows fake information.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 500
Across The Universe
February 27, 2019, 12:52:05 PM
Thank so much

I will share my way of knowing whether an ICO is responsible or just a scam. I will make an analysis of the selected ICO by showing the advantages and disadvantages of the ICO, the opportunity for the ICO to succeed, and the threats faced by the ICO. The analysis contains what the ICO's objectives are realistic, how the ICO road map is, and also who the team works within the ICO. This simple way that I usually do. Hope you can help.

it is not that easy to know from the start a scam ICO project, because a scandalous ICO project is always known at the end.
Activity: 630
Merit: 14
February 27, 2019, 12:39:17 PM
Thank so much

I will share my way of knowing whether an ICO is responsible or just a scam. I will make an analysis of the selected ICO by showing the advantages and disadvantages of the ICO, the opportunity for the ICO to succeed, and the threats faced by the ICO. The analysis contains what the ICO's objectives are realistic, how the ICO road map is, and also who the team works within the ICO. This simple way that I usually do. Hope you can help.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
February 27, 2019, 12:18:53 PM
Getting to the analysis of the project first of all I try to study the members of the team and confirm their authenticity and find out whether they are really involved in the development of this project.
Activity: 777
Merit: 251
February 27, 2019, 10:14:36 AM
Thank so much

Here are the facts or tips for us to know if the ico is scam:

- If they have no clear website
- The whitepaper must be informative and realistic
- The team or the owner/developer are not transparent or anonymous
- Sometimes the allocation budget is very deceiving something like that.

- It is much better to buy in the exchange rather in ico, You know why?
  It is because once you buy in the exchange, immediately you can do trade anytime you want.
  unlike in the ico, you can only able to play trade when their ico project ends or finish.

Pages:
Jump to: