Pages:
Author

Topic: How to known a Scam ICO - page 5. (Read 30791 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 1
January 18, 2019, 09:42:40 AM
Sometimes it is very difficult to determine a fraudulent ICO, it happens that this possibility occurs too late!
Activity: 1274
Merit: 12
January 18, 2019, 09:25:10 AM
in my opinion, the way to see ICO fraud is:
1. Do not have a clear vision
2. Do not have clear concepts and goals
3. does not have white paper
4. the website is not clear
5. There is no exchange agreement on the road map
Activity: 322
January 18, 2019, 08:54:35 AM
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much
You should wait for the ICO project to conclude and wait for it to be put or listed on the exchange. Because only two possible things gonna happen if you buy earlier, its either the coin will never be listed possible scam, or the price of ico will drop after exchange listed.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
January 17, 2019, 11:21:14 AM
As far as I understand, based solely on experience. Because all possible situations associated with the guides, which today are published by a huge number of people, it is simply impossible to draw the right conclusion.
Activity: 350
Merit: 13
January 16, 2019, 06:42:00 PM
Read the white paper to know if the project have actually had any team so far and if not, then there is high possibility that it's might turn out to be a scam. if the concept of the project sounds like a too good to be true phenomenon then you should be at the point of detecting a scam project.
Activity: 28
January 16, 2019, 06:39:39 PM
It is quite difficult to determine a quality scam, they will write you a great white paper, they will justify the goals of the project, they will describe everything in detail. From such a scam difficult to protect. A primitive scam is becoming less common.

As it seems to me, the main thing to remember is, who wants everything at once, gets nothing and gradually.
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
January 16, 2019, 06:35:20 PM
Hard to avoid, here is some tips.

3 Ways to Identify an ICO Scam:
1. The Developers Are Anonymous
The first and most blatant sign of an ICO scam is that the token’s developers are anonymous or otherwise-unknown.
2. The Token Does Not Have a Clear Use Case
Another sign of an ICO scam is that the developers are unable to clearly articulate a valid use case for the token.
3. The Whitepaper Sets Unrealistic Goals
If the whitepaper sets an unrealistic development schedule, it either means the developers are using deceptive tactics to attract token buyers or they lack the necessary experience to give a sensible scope to the project. Either way, this does not bode well for the success of the project and its corresponding token.

Yes, I agree plus the team are conducting huge rewards bounty. As we all know that projects nowadays has only a limited funds that could bencollected frommtge crowd. This because ICO was tag as scam or fraud which made some investors to fear out of getting involve and will just feel that they will just waste money on it. Now, this is really the problem if only this scam and fraud problem will be address then cryptocurrency will be good.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
January 16, 2019, 06:28:54 PM
First things that would make an ICO stand out would be not knowing what they are really trying to make. Like making some words and some ideas and saying we are going crypto.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol
January 16, 2019, 06:04:05 PM
It all depends on you and how detailed your research on the project is, One way to detect a scam ICO is how they dispatch their message to ICO members. You can see there is always a great disparity among their communication, it doesn't really match at all.
Activity: 426
January 16, 2019, 05:53:34 PM
The best solution would be to wait for the listing on the exchange, now there is no need to hurry, so you can watch the project and the team for a long time, and invest money only after a successful release.
Activity: 434
January 16, 2019, 07:42:06 AM
Recently, it is best to buy a coin on the exchange immediately after they enter the exchange!
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
January 16, 2019, 03:42:23 AM
Pretty much sure you can easily pinpoint the  scam ICO because obviously they are known as fake. Everything they provided just fake. Every details are unreliable. Although some have good enough proposal of business plan but still you can notice the missing important ingredients that is product. No product to be propose simply means scam or just in progress. Take care by observing the scam ICOs on order not to be one of their victims.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
January 16, 2019, 03:31:42 AM
Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
Thank so much

It is sometimes difficult to identify whether an ICO project is a scam, but a project without team information is highly likely to be a scam. Now I am involved in short-term trading on the exchange to earn meager profits.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 255
January 16, 2019, 02:40:58 AM
it is very difficult to identify ico now, we only need to do further research, and to buy ico or on the exchange it all depends on the research you are doing
Activity: 294
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
January 16, 2019, 01:52:46 AM
Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
Thank so much

Most people analyze and select before choosing and using, but in my opinion this 2019 will probably take precautions to prevent such frauds from happening in the future. So I don't care much about it, in my money-making  Roll Eyes
Activity: 271
January 16, 2019, 01:49:05 AM
A scam project will have no listed team and maybe copied website and whitepaper from some existing project and so on. Plenty of smart members here on BT are good at sniffing scams out.

That can be very much used and makes those who create them become more cautious with this problem, don't use a way to identify them because you will be deceived one way in the future. Please work harder, the selection and improvement from ICO in the future will probably take care of this for us  Grin
Activity: 784
Merit: 112
January 16, 2019, 01:23:27 AM
It so hard to predict how to know the scam ICOs because it looks like true ICOs but what should i do if this ICOs are scam is i really look at their website, whitepaper, roadmap, social medias and the team behind this project is not a ghost.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 300
January 16, 2019, 12:33:49 AM
Investing in ico is the most common wats to earn in crypto world. But the worst thing is there are so many ICO today that is scam and we can really lose on it if we invest on this scam ICO, the most common wats to know wether the ICO is scam it not is, the team profile has no pict or unknown, and next is the project it self sometimes project that is no finish product or maybe project that has no clear  function. I suggest to invest in ICO that has a good background team and feedback with the ico community.
Activity: 546
January 15, 2019, 11:52:23 PM
I guess, we need more time and deep research in knowing a scam ICO because there are some developer team that are very creative in giving informations regarding the concepts of the project. We also need to check the backgrounds of the team and understand well the usage of their tokens.
Activity: 574
Merit: 11
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
January 15, 2019, 11:27:36 PM
Some fraudulent projects are very difficult to know. Like what happened to the ETCV project that everything seemed to be going well but finally it was discovered that the project was a scam. And to check we must be careful and look from the Website. And their ICO team must be transparent about all their activities.
Pages:
Jump to: