Pages:
Author

Topic: How to known a Scam ICO - page 3. (Read 30791 times)

Activity: 489
Merit: 250
February 27, 2019, 10:01:58 AM
Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much
In my own point of view, to know if an ICO Is a scam or not is by checking and reading every detail in their whitepaper and websites because you can see if that project is great and to see if you are getting suspecion with it.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
February 27, 2019, 09:35:38 AM
At present there is no tool that can detect ICO fraud, but there are prerequisites to know that ico is a scam or not, based on my experience in assessing that ico is successful, the first thing we should consider is long-term ico. secondly, a solid and trusted team, third, must have a target market, and fourth, never believe that have to send your private key address.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 553
Filipino Translator 🇵🇭
February 27, 2019, 09:28:01 AM
Thank so much
Through knowing if their team is legit, checking the originality of their whitepaper, and simply by trying to communicate them if they are talking to you professionally or not. If they response not well, better to doubt on the legitimacy of their project because if they are legit, they'll value every people that are asking them even it's investor or not.
Activity: 700
Merit: 12
February 27, 2019, 09:26:36 AM
First of all, you should keep in mind that majority of ICOs are scam. Its hard to pick the right and successful one. For scam ICO, you can read their whitepaper, check their websites, make a small background check on the developer and check for its transparency.

Yes, it is very hard to price the right one in the market because most of the ICO listing websites are providing good rating and some times it is impossible to find the potential in the begining of their crowdsales. We came to know only when the real work will start after the crowdsales, every company will act as a professional in the begining of their crowdsales.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
February 27, 2019, 09:20:13 AM
First of all, you should keep in mind that majority of ICOs are scam. Its hard to pick the right and successful one. For scam ICO, you can read their whitepaper, check their websites, make a small background check on the developer and check for its transparency.
Activity: 378
Merit: 3
February 27, 2019, 09:18:52 AM
when we follow ico rating websites we will come to know most of the ico the ico rating websites rate the ico companies so we can relay on their ratings
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
February 27, 2019, 09:17:06 AM
To protect yourself by knowing a scam ICO is a great thing for you especially if you are a big investor  but I would rather just leave crypto because it is not very safe.
Leaving  crypto industry knowing that this is a great opportunity for all investor is a huge mistake. We have seen this industry booming the global trend, why do you need to quit after then? Its only not safe for those who invests without knowing the project at all, those who can easily caught on scammers web.
When the crypto will get its traction again and they must pay more and it doesn't look good at all. Just try to make sure everything has already verified by the trusted party to make sure there will be no scam ico again and this is the only best thing to do right now.
Activity: 224
February 27, 2019, 09:16:26 AM
Basically the ico with low investment and low quality tokens are the scams also the not attractive ico projects. but be careful on the attractive ico projects also because they use attractive team and ways to scam the investors.
so the best to do is to review the ico well fn do some research.
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
February 27, 2019, 09:07:58 AM
Thank so much
first, unattractive product
second, there is no demand and there is no hype in the project
third, a team that was never seen and did KYC.
and also sometimes there are problems the team and make the team disband and the project is abandoned

dont judge the book by its covers  . unattractive does not always mean it wont be a hit . 

not all hyped proects are legit or will last a life time  . most of them are only being manipulated a.k.a pumped and dump  .

also sometimes there are problems the team and make the team disband and the project is abandoned

this is normal and can happen also on legit ico's that are already running  .  it will cost you alot of time if you will wait this things to occur , in order to determine if an ico is scam or  not  .
copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
SIGMA
February 27, 2019, 08:56:38 AM
Thank so much
third, a team that was never seen and did KYC.
and also sometimes there are problems the team and make the team disband and the project is abandoned
Activity: 1382
Merit: 105
February 27, 2019, 08:42:37 AM
BTW was good project ,but nowadays coming scam ICO's mostly and investors not investing in ICO,s, most of project dead, so if you wants to invest in ICO than first you should check all social media links ,ico ranking sites,bitcointalk thread and other things before invest.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
February 27, 2019, 08:06:19 AM
Thank so much
At this point, you should not join ICO because of the high risk, you will lose all your money if you invest in a scam project. You should buy coins on exchanges that will be better
Activity: 1750
Merit: 589
February 27, 2019, 08:01:35 AM
To protect yourself by knowing a scam ICO is a great thing for you especially if you are a big investor  but I would rather just leave crypto because it is not very safe.
Leaving  crypto industry knowing that this is a great opportunity for all investor is a huge mistake. We have seen this industry booming the global trend, why do you need to quit after then? Its only not safe for those who invests without knowing the project at all, those who can easily caught on scammers web.
Activity: 616
Merit: 10
February 27, 2019, 07:58:50 AM
Activity: 910
Merit: 12
February 27, 2019, 07:56:50 AM
I think you should first research the team members of the project. I suggest that, you should  research that members old projects. Then read the project's whitepaper. Finally, you should read the comments about the project on bitcointalk or other platforms. What is important to me is that, how they are give the answers of the team members in response to these comments.
Activity: 796
Merit: 251
February 27, 2019, 07:44:37 AM
There is my tips to avoid scam : first of all read about team members and advisors, they should pass KYC, after that read white paper several times, project should be not compicated and goals should be real, best way if project already have beta version of final product, and at the end of it I read media about ICO wich I have choosen.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 286
February 27, 2019, 07:38:55 AM
Thank so much
You can actually recognize if the ICO is legit. My number one preference is their whitepaper. That everything that they want in the whole ICO is stated there and also their platform itself. Mu number two preference is that their website, you can see it there when it is legit. My last reference is the bounty manager if he is famous for handling an ICO and it is successful.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 148
February 27, 2019, 07:29:59 AM
~~~
Read this, a good insight into this problem from a project that's already completed their ICO.

Suggested solutions listed or either posted above are best ways to know a scam ICO. There is one that has worked for me when i started to invest on ICOs which was; research into the project team and validate their identities before getten involve to invest hence flee from such as they tend to scam investors.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
February 27, 2019, 07:19:26 AM
For example, if it is not possible to ask any questions personally to the organizer or the main developer, not to mention the lack of a proper open dialogue with other team members. This is enough to reflect on the legitimacy of this ICO.
copper member
Activity: 287
February 27, 2019, 07:17:58 AM
Thank so much
Buy coin on exchange to be safer. To know if an ICO is scam, look if it is suspicious (see newsfeed for its social media websites, see if it interacts with its investors and see the legitimacy of their project). Don't trust on what they are saying because most of ICOs don't do their promises.
Pages:
Jump to: