Pages:
Author

Topic: How to known a Scam ICO - page 6. (Read 30791 times)

Activity: 309
Merit: 10
January 15, 2019, 10:52:01 PM
pay attention to the team, a great team will have a good project, too many stupid teams in the crypto world who make bad projects. The scam project will be visible from the activities of their team on the telegram and the scam project will never take any roadshows or interviews.
Activity: 532
Merit: 102
January 15, 2019, 10:37:25 PM
Many characteristics of the ico scam, in general can be seen from:
1. The Developer or ICO Startup Company is anonymous, unknown and does not have a good reputation.
2. The aim of ico is not realistic and does not have a clear picture
3. Ico does not have Escrow for the contribution of crypto tokens.
4. Lack of transparency to investors about the stages of project work, the release of minimal code snippets or issuing demo versions (beta) of their products.

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
January 14, 2019, 01:13:59 AM
known a scam ICO might be very hard sometime especially now that many of them are alway well plan e.g Elisia. However, some informations on the whitepaper might give you idea of the level of trust you can find in any ICO. As an investor, the first thing to do is to check the whitepaper for plagiarism. Most ICO that are scam always involves in playgiarism. Secondly background informations of the team member is also important. many of them use fake image and sometime photoshop images they download whitepaper. lastly go through the legal agreement on whitepaper. No ICO will promise you that you will make profit from your investment. If an ICO is making this bold statement of you profiting for investment, please run away from such ICO
Activity: 700
Merit: 11
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
January 14, 2019, 01:04:20 AM
know of a scam for sure ICO is not easy. many have found out this after half-way or even the end of ICO. fishy things might be found by doing the research. see the wallet on investment is it true fit, look at the team and the concept of the ICO has also become a way to prevent a scam though not certain that certainly is.
i think you are right,
it's very difficult to detect a scam project. many investors are trapped with this and experience heavy losses even though they have researched the project correctly.

i hope there will be no more scam projects this year.
Activity: 700
Merit: 136
January 14, 2019, 12:49:57 AM
A scam project will have no listed team and maybe copied website and whitepaper from some existing project and so on. Plenty of smart members here on BT are good at sniffing scams out.
Activity: 348
Merit: 100
January 14, 2019, 12:46:49 AM
What make it worst is project scam when listed on market. We can't said it scam because it already success in ICO, but not really focus on their project after they  get a lot of money. But for me it still considered as scam.
there are not many scam project that we can know when selling their ico. there are some who manipulate their sales so that many investors are also interested in investing. after the sale is complete, many of them run away with the money they get. it makes a big loss, where project scams are not very visible if they are a scam.
Activity: 1932
Merit: 504
January 14, 2019, 12:43:26 AM
know of a scam for sure ICO is not easy. many have found out this after half-way or even the end of ICO. fishy things might be found by doing the research. see the wallet on investment is it true fit, look at the team and the concept of the ICO has also become a way to prevent a scam though not certain that certainly is.
What make it worst is project scam when listed on market. We can't said it scam because it already success in ICO, but not really focus on their project after they  get a lot of money. But for me it still considered as scam.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
January 14, 2019, 12:29:07 AM
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
January 14, 2019, 12:10:00 AM
A couple of heuristics to spot scams easily:

The team page is completely absent or incredibly sparse
The advisors page has people who have publicly declared they are not part of the ICO
The terms or the token sale are unclear or overly favorable to founders and insiders (>30% in aggregate is suspicious)
The project is offering guaranteed daily returns
White paper is lifted from other sources
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
January 03, 2019, 09:57:17 AM
I think the main way to identify a real ICO is through language communication, such as joining a telegraph group or trying to contact the project team in other ways, and getting more knowledge about the project by asking.
After a year of analysis, the scammers are very well prepared and today these people will be able to answer all your questions very skillfully, because to a greater extent they are all very standard.
Activity: 742
Merit: 21
Be the reason someone smiles today
January 03, 2019, 03:12:06 AM
Here you have some key points for a scam ICO:
- ANNONYMOUS TEAM. (Stay away from these projects)
- no/weak social media activity
- milestones out of date
- unrealistic soft/hard capital.
Activity: 633
Merit: 11
January 03, 2019, 02:54:54 AM
Please tell me how to known a scam ICO to protect myself
BTW now i should buy ICO coin or buy coin on exchange?
Thank so much
Since you've joined here, Better to check all the details the project and also their background checking of the members of the team. Search them on the google find another way to known if they're all legit team members. Because now many projects with a lot of fake teams so be careful and aware to every convincing and encouraging projects that can attracts you.
Activity: 980
Merit: 261
January 03, 2019, 02:52:21 AM
Perhaps this already being said by the others, we can't really know that a project is a scam project until the project ended or at the middle of the project when it already compromised that the project is just a scam project.

We can also see if the project is a scam if we can see it is obvious. You can also see moderation if it is very dead and they dont hire someone to do good moderation of the project because by that you can see that they are not serious regarding the project.
Activity: 420
January 03, 2019, 02:37:58 AM
Perhaps this already being said by the others, we can't really know that a project is a scam project until the project ended or at the middle of the project when it already compromised that the project is just a scam project.
Activity: 770
Merit: 14
www.thegeomadao.com
January 03, 2019, 02:33:31 AM
It is really hard time to know what is genuine project and what is a scam. But we can sense a scam from peer or by involving in bitcoin forum or telegram where people say about it. But it is better off to do some research before going for a new project. I think it is better to invest in the secondary market instead of buying ICOs.
Activity: 496
Merit: 254
January 03, 2019, 02:20:16 AM
Thank so much
Any ico that has something to hide is a scam. A genuine ico wouldn’t be hiding anything from the participants. And like majority of the people here said, you should pore over the whitepaper, that is one way to tell if an ico is just scam. But know that only whitepaper can’t tell if an ico is scam or not, so you also need to consider other things as well.
Activity: 434
January 02, 2019, 11:21:26 AM
Avoid joining bounties with a gorgeous team member because mostly they use another identity to attract more investors to earn money so we need to go away in that kinds of project.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 503
January 02, 2019, 09:40:30 AM
What I know to know about ICO scam is to look at the whole project. Like a team, vision, mission, and other things. In my opinion, it was very influential on the project. If the project information is unclear, it must be suspected that ICO is a scam. Because before we invest in ICO, of course, we must analyze before investing.
- Indeed, information and plans of the development team from the project should be really clear and transparent, if they do not provide enough information that we want, we should doubt their reliability. And even if they have provided enough information, we still need to remain vigilant and look for news related to them, starting from forums then to social networking sites, this is where people contribute a lot of information to ico they join, through them, perhaps we will easily recognize the ICO we participate in is a scam or a good and potential project
copper member
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
January 02, 2019, 09:24:19 AM
Thank so much

Well, buying coin on exchange is another topic, you should just focus if you are an investor, support an initial coin offering and if you are a good trader if you think, do some trading on exchange. Both are profitable just choose one which you think you will going to earn more.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
January 02, 2019, 08:41:03 AM
You should study carefully the project you want to invest. And don't hurry. Do your homework, find information about the team, about the platform they use.
Pages:
Jump to: