Pages:
Author

Topic: How to overcome depression? - page 33. (Read 2572 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 10
December 29, 2017, 06:08:37 PM
Don't shut yourself in. Find motivation through something, talk to someone, I had been there, overcame by finding a goal. Now when I look back, I'm glad i've been in one.
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Toplancer.co | PreSale is LIVE | Get Your Bonus
December 29, 2017, 06:03:30 PM
Hi, I just wanna ask how to overcome depression? I have a friend and she keeps telling me that she don't to live anymore and that it is better to die, she has lot of problems but she just keep it on her own, she is so depress and i can't find the right words to make her feel better. And also can't a person overcome depression on his/her own?

A person can most certainly overcome depression on their own although that is the harder and more time consuming path. What she needs to realize is that life is always worth living no matter how down we get no matter how bad the circumstances look. If you change your mindset to this and constantly think this then those negative thoughts will go away. Try doing some exercise or tasks that keep you mind and your body busy. Lastly do the little things you love to do because that will show you life is worth living for.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
December 29, 2017, 03:29:15 PM
Hi, I just wanna ask how to overcome depression? I have a friend and she keeps telling me that she don't to live anymore and that it is better to die, she has lot of problems but she just keep it on her own, she is so depress and i can't find the right words to make her feel better. And also can't a person overcome depression on his/her own?
WORK!
Do something useful Wink
Activity: 294
December 29, 2017, 02:59:54 PM
Depression therapy usually uses drugs, psychotherapy, and electroconvulsive therapy. Your doctor will review your condition and will consider what therapy is right for you. No need to be ashamed to discuss your concerns about the therapies that doctors offer.

drugs used are antidepressants. Some commonly used drugs are escitalopram, paroxetine, sertraline, fluoxetine, and citalopram. They include selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). in addition there is also medicine venlafaxine, duloxetine and bupropion. These drugs can cause some side effects, such as:

Weight gain
Sexual problems
Nausea
Antidepressants do not cause addiction. when you no longer need antidepressants and stop using antidepressants, your body will not be dependent. However, the use and discontinuation of antidepressants should be under the supervision of a physician. Sudden cessation can lead to worsening depressive symptoms
Activity: 202
December 29, 2017, 01:45:23 PM
Getting involved in activities that are involving can really go a long way in suppressing or reducing depression because it is a psychological disease
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
December 29, 2017, 01:06:10 PM
you need to find a goal for which you want to wake up in the morning, then depression will eventually go away
copper member
Activity: 186
Merit: 20
December 29, 2017, 01:30:12 AM
Depression is a status of mind. It hampers our life in many ways. So we have to overcome depression.we can get rid of depression in many ways. We can hear music, read book, gossip with others, watch TV and many things during our depression. Thus we can overcome depression.
PIR
Activity: 322
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
December 29, 2017, 01:22:03 AM
first thing you do to a depress person is to pray for her and then talk to her and make things that reminds her that she is special and love by God  the most and many...treat her somewhere and do things that she loves to do and bring her to church attend Sunday service and allow to meet new friends and keep her away from places or things that will remind her of somebody or that may cause her to depress, also remove all sharp object away from her and stand be with her all the time to avoid any unnecessary movement
Activity: 154
Merit: 16
John 3:16/John 14:6
December 29, 2017, 01:06:45 AM
How to overcome depression?
Maybe these lists can help someone who has depressions to overcome.
1. Mingled with others.
2. Attend Sunday services.
3.Talk to those who are optimistic.
4. seek help with GOD.
5. Talk to God and read the Bible.
6. and of course, talk to the psychiatrist.
(Just an advice)
Activity: 770
Merit: 14
www.thegeomadao.com
December 28, 2017, 08:52:41 PM
there are many ways how to handle depession, me personal use alcogol and nicotine, this is not best solution in terms of health care but who cares if it helps.

Alcohol and drugs do help for some times but it get worse later.
Best way is to find what's troubling you and change your lifestyle.
Change cities, places, environment around you. Even changing the placement of furniture may help.
If you feel Okay with any other person be in company most of the time, don't stay alone.
Talk, share, if you have nothing to talk about talk how you feel.
Activity: 420
December 28, 2017, 08:45:29 PM
there are many ways how to handle depession, me personal use alcogol and nicotine, this is not best solution in terms of health care but who cares if it helps.
Activity: 175
December 28, 2017, 07:49:05 PM
WORK!
Do something useful Wink
Activity: 72
December 28, 2017, 07:41:03 PM
A couple of lines surely cannot give an appropriate answer to such a question... I'm not a doctor nor a
psychologist, but i advise you to get in touch with a professional, that's the first step you got to do in order to try and defeat depression. I know that finding the willpower needed can be hard but as you are here asking for help means that you recognized your little "problem", so you want to change in better. Good luck, and remember you're not alone.
Activity: 168
December 28, 2017, 06:47:02 PM
Well talk to someone or you should go and see a doctor try to get that doctor and bring it to your friend. Depression is not easy, we have two kinds of people who can feels depression
1. The silent one who makes his problems all to him self which he thinks he can handle it.
2. The positive one who stay happy but inside got those problems,but he can make over come it
Activity: 168
December 28, 2017, 05:44:26 PM
Taking some hangout, take some friends by visiting her, with some caring people around her maybe she can more comfortable.
You can giving her support motivates about purpose of life, there are many kind thing can do to makes better life ex working on some new places, meeting some new people, etc.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
December 28, 2017, 04:48:57 PM
Depression is a serious business and it has to be diagnosed by a doctor, the best advise is to talk with a psychiatrist, he will help in this.
Activity: 134
December 28, 2017, 03:25:30 PM
Hi, i recently had a mild depression and i will tell it is a no joke. If you have a friend who suffers depression, you can help them overcome it by staying by their side whatever happens, listen to their agonies and try to aoothr them, believing in then when no one else understands them. They just have to feel that someone is their with them no matter what happens.
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
December 28, 2017, 12:16:08 PM
Depression is one of the worst problem by person in the world. The first stage of this is stress. Unable to handle the responsability or able to handle the responsibility but unrecognized by team leader or by the group. Depression is powerful when you stand alone. It will struck you down to the bottom pit to make you disable to do things. Depression begin in some places like unloveable family, bully friends, bully work mates, lock of selfstem, unable to cope up in the environment.
To overcome depression be in the good area where you can fly skies the limit. Be in the right friend/person. When In the present struggles according to the book of psychology 'care, Love, acceptance, good words to feed is what they need.' the time of their recovery is not to fast it takes time. Learn to wait and extend you understanding everytime. Your hard word will be worthy.
Activity: 98
December 28, 2017, 11:46:47 AM
Talking with someone or doing something that would keep your mind off your depression is helpful.
Activity: 126
December 28, 2017, 11:37:46 AM
Booze! Lots of booze. And support of friends. That will help her for sure.
Pages:
Jump to: