Pages:
Author

Topic: How to protect your altcoin - page 9. (Read 5536 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
August 20, 2018, 12:24:53 PM
I think the most important you have to keep your private keys in a safe place, have a copy of it in your flash drive and don't tell to anybody about it. Be careful in opening your email, don't click any link that you think is suspicious.
Activity: 93
August 20, 2018, 12:20:54 PM
So as to secure our altcoin make another wallet only for genuine tokens as it were. I mean for tokens which has succesful ico its better to make a different wallet for them from your general wallet which you use for airdrops or abundance wallet. Since the customary wallet you generally use for airdrops and bounties are more inclined to programmers. Im so anxious of programmers particularly our tokens are inclined to them on the grounds that crypto is more on web that is the reason I used to record my private key to a paper and never spare/abandon it on my cell phone or pc .
Activity: 185
August 19, 2018, 03:25:57 PM
What is the best methods to protect altcoin from hacker?
I think we have to use the offline and the strong wallets that like the MEW and TREZOR. It's having a very popular wallets and the platform.
Activity: 560
Merit: 11
August 19, 2018, 03:22:39 PM
in my opinion the best ways to protect your alternative cryptocurrency tokens will be to diversified them among different wallet and have a different secured passwords for each.
Exactly, for example, I created several wallets and I use them for different purposes, on some I keep coins, others for airdrops, etc. And I print passwords and seed phrases on paper and I store them in a safe.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
August 19, 2018, 03:14:58 PM
in my opinion the best ways to protect your alternative cryptocurrency tokens will be to diversified them among different wallet and have a different secured passwords for each.
Activity: 24
August 19, 2018, 03:14:54 PM
As far as I know, if you use cold waist - you in perfect order! Don't store everything on a single purse, that's for sure!
Activity: 336
Merit: 14
August 19, 2018, 02:20:31 PM
There are fake sites on the network that ask for a password from the purse, for example, to get a small reward for registration. I've seen this. Never and never give passwords and your computer to anyone.
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
August 19, 2018, 01:23:44 PM
Don't give your private keys to anyone. Always double check URL's from messages. Compare and verify links from a second source. Split your funds and use multiple wallets to store.  And use a hardware wallet if you can. that's the best way to safeguard your funds.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
August 19, 2018, 01:18:30 PM
by yourself a hard wallet. and don't lose the private key!
I never heard any one could hack a cold wallet,
that's a very very good characteristic of cryptocurrency
even the money is online but it's always yours when you have the private key..
Activity: 696
Merit: 258
August 19, 2018, 12:04:24 PM
Keeping your altcoins in a secured wallet alone is not a safe way to secure your altcoins, but you need to keep your private key or 2FA secured so that no one is able to access your wallet. Always have your private keys written on a paper or in a hard wallet. Do not store your private keys in your computer or laptop where there is more chance of hackers to hack that private keys easily.
Activity: 377
Merit: 100
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
August 19, 2018, 12:00:34 PM
Just find a good storage, choose always the one that is already tested and trustworthy so that you won't end up getting hacked and stolen. Don't give any information about your wallet so that no one will ever dare enter it. Always be mindful with the people around you and make sure they are not aiming to hack your wallet and if they do, avoid them.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
August 19, 2018, 11:45:17 AM
The best way is to install MACOS, and all operations are performed in this operating system only. Do not store encrypted money on exchanges or online wallets. Better yet, if you buy a hardware wallet. I can only say that maintaining the security of altcoins accounts is just a way to keep the private key as good as possible.
Activity: 532
Merit: 6
August 19, 2018, 11:45:03 AM

You should change the subject to protecting your Etherum or bitcoin account
Avoid phishing links
Protect your private key from friends and enemies

And stay clear of losing your phone
Activity: 177
August 19, 2018, 11:38:24 AM
nothing can be saved if hackers have entered your wallet.
the rest maybe you can only pray so that the assets can be returned.

but try saving your assets in offline wallets, like TREZOR and NANON Ledger.
Activity: 167
Merit: 10
August 17, 2018, 03:49:34 PM
if you save your altcoin on myetherwallet, you better install metamask. if saving on the exchange site, you better activate the google authenticator or SMS verification.
Activity: 31
August 17, 2018, 02:55:39 PM
For me, the best technique for security is the utilization of expert programming otherwise called antivirus, which gives assurance against every single suspicious contribution all things considered, which will distinguish and evacuate a wide range of noxious programming from the PC.
Activity: 243
Merit: 2
August 17, 2018, 10:42:05 AM
To store your cryptocurrency I keep a separate laptop which do not use only if necessary to replenish the balance of wallets. Don't know if this is a safe method, but I think if I'm not online all the time, the chance to steal my money are very small.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 10
August 17, 2018, 10:39:09 AM
I think the best way to secure our altcoins is by using a secured browser, keeping your wallet private keys safe, trading on exchanges with strong security and been careful to avoid falling for phishing links.

Secure browser is certainly a good thing, using Google Chrome or Mozilla is a safer thing, besides using a secure browser, of course we cannot arbitrarily click on the link sent in the e-mail, most e-mails contain dangerous links so they must always be vigilant.
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
August 17, 2018, 10:33:40 AM
Just write down your Pk in a piece of paper and thats all you are safe , And dont get phish download internet security.
Activity: 59
August 17, 2018, 10:29:12 AM
I suggest you get a hardware wallet such as ledger nano s .Don't put your money at exchange for too long of time.
Pages:
Jump to: