Pages:
Author

Topic: How will halving affect the value? - page 11. (Read 19696 times)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100
March 29, 2016, 01:18:09 PM
There is two possibilities or we will see price doubling and hasrate rise.
But i think we can see price staying around 400- 500$ and after halving, and hash rate dropping.
Because we need 2 times more money invested already for price increasing.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
March 29, 2016, 10:43:10 AM
The value of bitcoin should get a little boost up after halving. This is probably the last chance of at least this year for a good increase in value. Otherwise I don't see any reason for the increase in bitcoin's value.

The increase that bitcoin will be having is connected to the halving well if there is a sudden boost on bitcoin price well is the fault of supply and demand.

yes we should see many boost...but the boost will not hold long.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 29, 2016, 10:39:40 AM
The value of bitcoin should get a little boost up after halving. This is probably the last chance of at least this year for a good increase in value. Otherwise I don't see any reason for the increase in bitcoin's value.

The increase that bitcoin will be having is connected to the halving well if there is a sudden boost on bitcoin price well is the fault of supply and demand.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
March 29, 2016, 10:31:37 AM
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
March 29, 2016, 10:26:17 AM
Halving makes the price of bitcoin to get doubled. In the past time halving the price grew high. This time how things gonna occur can't be predicted.

The halving will make the price go higher. But the effect is less than the previous halvings. This time, it is from 25 to 12.5.

it should be the opposite, this time the effect will be greater, because from 50 to 25 coin per block, miner have still plenty of profit, but from 25 to 12.5 their margin will be greatly reduced

The effect is greater, but it's only for miners. Regular user don't feel the difference because they're not miners.
It would have effect if adoption or demand still rising while bitcoin production reduced from 25 to 12.5.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
March 29, 2016, 10:27:37 AM
Halving makes the price of bitcoin to get doubled. In the past time halving the price grew high. This time how things gonna occur can't be predicted.

The halving will make the price go higher. But the effect is less than the previous halvings. This time, it is from 25 to 12.5.

it should be the opposite, this time the effect will be greater, because from 50 to 25 coin per block, miner have still plenty of profit, but from 25 to 12.5 their margin will be greatly reduced

The effect is greater, but it's only for miners. Regular user don't feel the difference because they're not miners.
It would have effect if adoption or demand still rising while bitcoin production reduced from 25 to 12.5.

well it has some effect on traders too, because there will be less dumping from miners

i still can't find anything about how much that less dumping, will indirectly increase the demand
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
March 29, 2016, 09:37:40 AM
The halving will affect the price of bitcoin but not to high maybe around 30-50 dollars,when the demand is high the price might jump more.
Activity: 168
March 29, 2016, 04:10:50 AM

And with that the price of bitcoin will surely rise as it will be hard to mine bitcoin and their expenses will be much more higher than usual.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
March 29, 2016, 04:07:09 AM
That is really hard to say because Bitcoin is a currency and you never know what will happen with the value and that is risky.
I even dont think that it will jump or rise that much after the halving, because you also can now see that the value is not even rising that fast.
There will be many people that will get disappointed in Bitcoin I think.
legendary
March 29, 2016, 02:26:02 AM

Activity: 112
March 28, 2016, 10:45:20 PM

It will really make the price higher because there will be much less coins to be mine and the difficulty is much higher after the halving.
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
March 28, 2016, 05:01:42 PM

People believe that the halving will cause the price to double because they mistakenly believe that the supply of bitcoins is halved. The supply is not halved. Bitcoins are not consumed. There will be more bitcoins after the halving than before the halving.

After the previous halving, the price was relatively stable for a couple months up to the Cyprus bubble. The price of a Litecoin actually fell dramatically both before and after its halving last year, and it has been very stable since then.
Activity: 201
Proof-of-Asset Protocol
March 28, 2016, 04:46:42 PM

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1213
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
March 27, 2016, 06:07:40 AM
Activity: 112
March 27, 2016, 01:30:02 AM
it will surely push the price up, im holding my bitcoins because of that, i believe in bitcoin and i believe that its price is going to rise a lot in the future

halving is just one of many reasons why the price should go up and on this event it will surely be pumped up by people

Yeah halving is really the part of the reason why bitcoin price increase like the last halving did,but it will take some time for it to rise as mindful players of bitcoin will manipulate so some will sell it low.
Activity: 133
March 26, 2016, 01:32:11 PM
it will surely push the price up, im holding my bitcoins because of that, i believe in bitcoin and i believe that its price is going to rise a lot in the future

halving is just one of many reasons why the price should go up and on this event it will surely be pumped up by people
Activity: 168
March 26, 2016, 12:47:26 PM
Halving might rise price just before the halving, and then a little after the halving. Just after halving it is likely that many will sell due to increase in price and panic.

But it can happen the other way around, who knows lol.

The panic of user will brings the price down again so i think its better to sell just a little and slowly so we wont end up in 400 again.

the users will continue expecting a rise, there is not going to be any panic. just the expected time will shift even if the price doesn't change.

We wont know if there will be a panic selling or not since everyone expect that the price will go up after the halving.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
March 26, 2016, 12:01:54 PM
One has not to put in the same basket the halving effect and the effect expected by the traders...
if BTC goes up it is not the halving effect but the trade effect...
and trade effect can as well drive down the btc price.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Bazinga!
March 26, 2016, 11:53:35 AM
Halving might rise price just before the halving, and then a little after the halving. Just after halving it is likely that many will sell due to increase in price and panic.

The panic of user will brings the price down again so i think its better to sell just a little and slowly so we wont end up in 400 again.

the users will continue expecting a rise, there is not going to be any panic. just the expected time will shift even if the price doesn't change.
legendary
March 26, 2016, 11:46:53 AM

i doubt, until know after a great pump and then a dump the bottom was higher each time and that's is the real increase, it was higher after the first big bubble in 2011 when it went to 25x

and it was higher after the last ath of 1200, it will be the same thing this time, it wil be higher and probably higher than 1k if we can reach crazy value like 2k and above
Pages:
Jump to: