Pages:
Author

Topic: How will halving affect the value? - page 14. (Read 19696 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
February 27, 2016, 03:20:20 PM
Can someone calculate the average price during the original block reward period and the average price during the current block reward time period, I suspect a huge difference.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
February 27, 2016, 02:17:49 PM
Normally the price will increase since miners get less rewards but right now the price is actually quite high.
I don't think the price needs some adjustments for miners to make it more profitable.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
February 27, 2016, 01:46:16 PM
Like most people I share an opinion that halving will couse to BTC price go up,but to what extent will it be really is hard to say.But it is very likely that we can see an increase of 100% or more, and it would be very nice to achieve four-digit number Smiley

Graphicly the price should go up.
he should go up because people believe that it should go up...
but this mind can change quickly.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
February 27, 2016, 01:42:46 PM
Like most people I share an opinion that halving will couse to BTC price go up,but to what extent will it be really is hard to say.But it is very likely that we can see an increase of 100% or more, and it would be very nice to achieve four-digit number Smiley
Activity: 420
February 27, 2016, 01:28:41 PM
Well people are speculation for a price increase, but this is based on 0 evidence.
The last halvings nothing specular happened. And if you look to the next generation miners. The current price of 400 dollars is high enough to mine.
legendary
Activity: 896
February 27, 2016, 12:46:40 PM
i expect halving to push the price up whether by a small amount like from $420 to $500 or it might even be the spark to a big bubble which will push the price from $420 to >$1000

one thing is for sure and that is the rise, the unclear part is the magnitude of the rise.

that's why people should lower their expectations for upcomming block halving. too many people think it will go over $1000 and some people are even talking about $2000 which at this point is not that realistic. that's why my price target just before or just after the block halving is around $700 and $800 at most. if you don't have high expectations, and the price doesn't go up as much as you were hoping for, then you won't get disappointed.

talking about does cost nothing...
here many people talk just about and do understand nothing about.

I have I believed even read on this forum $5000

Halving itself does affect nothing...only traders do affect the price.

of course talking and speculating without actually investing in bitcoin doesn't cost people anything. but when things don't go as they were hoping for they blame bitcoin for everything they think went wrong. that's what newbies and rookies always do.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
February 27, 2016, 12:19:06 PM
i expect halving to push the price up whether by a small amount like from $420 to $500 or it might even be the spark to a big bubble which will push the price from $420 to >$1000

one thing is for sure and that is the rise, the unclear part is the magnitude of the rise.
I think you don't know the effect of halving. For me as my understanding about halving the block rewards will be half.
Example if the block rewards is 25 btc per block mined after halving the reward will be 12.5
so that the price value of bitcoin after having will be double so i think the price will rise $700-$800 that's my speculation after halving ends...
Basic understanding Halving means half so less supply of bitcoin from miner it will result to increase value of bitcoin..
legendary
February 27, 2016, 12:07:38 PM

that's why people should lower their expectations for upcomming block halving. too many people think it will go over $1000 and some people are even talking about $2000 which at this point is not that realistic. that's why my price target just before or just after the block halving is around $700 and $800 at most. if you don't have high expectations, and the price doesn't go up as much as you were hoping for, then you won't get disappointed.

talking about does cost nothing...
here many people talk just about and do understand nothing about.

I have I believed even read on this forum $5000

Halving itself does affect nothing...only traders do affect the price.
legendary
Activity: 896
February 27, 2016, 12:02:16 PM

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
February 27, 2016, 11:54:03 AM

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
February 27, 2016, 10:54:41 AM
i think as most of us are already expecting bitcoin price will go up but how much is not clear to me right now but i think if it is anything like the last bubble this time it would be twice as big because there is more users using bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
February 27, 2016, 10:33:46 AM
why not see the situation so:
it is just a base to talk about.
the more bitcoins are created the less bitcoins are worth.

if 1000 BTC per block would be created then the price would decrease...
If only 12.5 BTC per block are created...then "perhaps" the price would decrease less...but would decrease...

So why could the price halving after halving not decrease but deacrease less...
it is not because after the first halving the price has increased that it will be so for ever after each halving.

We are all only in the optic where the bitcoin price go up go up go up...
But this is not a certitude...why should it be so?

People are constantly buying though so the demands still is increasing when halving is going. Exchange sites are selling them for more than its real value and so price could go up. but who knows.  Grin
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
February 26, 2016, 05:00:30 AM
I think the value would be go much higher before the halving and would remain stable after halving for a certain period of time, but after halving the price would be relatively go lower thats a feeling I have.

No I think this is not gonna happen I think the bitcoin will be stable after the halving has been done, its of course difficult to say because you do not know what the market is gonna do these days or in  about a half year.
Maybe the halving will let the bitcoin collapse its really possible.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
February 25, 2016, 08:13:23 PM
I think the value would be go much higher before the halving and would remain stable after halving for a certain period of time, but after halving the price would be relatively go lower thats a feeling I have.
Activity: 420
February 25, 2016, 05:35:06 PM
The price will jump if I'm right about the halving, I think the halving will let the price increase with a huge jump after this jump its gonna lower a bit and than be stable for a couple months.
Its a prediction so do not blame me if this is not gonna happen but this are my thoughts about it.

I also see this not happening at all but we will see it after the halving has been really done, you never know what will happen with the bitcoin of course.
We will see it after the halving and I think the halving will affect the value for sure but also affect the community I think the community will get bigger because of it, everyone want to make some profit right ?
legendary
February 25, 2016, 05:34:29 PM
why not see the situation so:
it is just a base to talk about.
the more bitcoins are created the less bitcoins are worth.

if 1000 BTC per block would be created then the price would decrease...
If only 12.5 BTC per block are created...then "perhaps" the price would decrease less...but would decrease...

So why could the price halving after halving not decrease but deacrease less...
it is not because after the first halving the price has increased that it will be so for ever after each halving.

We are all only in the optic where the bitcoin price go up go up go up...
But this is not a certitude...why should it be so?

legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
February 25, 2016, 04:53:56 PM
The price will jump if I'm right about the halving, I think the halving will let the price increase with a huge jump after this jump its gonna lower a bit and than be stable for a couple months.
Its a prediction so do not blame me if this is not gonna happen but this are my thoughts about it.

Perhaps you could explain what your prediction is based on. In the recent Litecoin halving, the price rose dramatically before the halving and then plummeted immediately after the halving. In the previous Bitcoin halving, the price rose steadily before the halving but then flattened out after the halving.
Activity: 462
February 25, 2016, 04:34:54 PM
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
February 25, 2016, 03:45:18 PM
The halving will reduce the fresh supply of bitcoin from 3600 to 1800 per day. So the price will rise.

yeah but not for the reason you're believing in this post

the price will rise because of the hype and manipulation
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
February 25, 2016, 03:43:13 PM
The halving will reduce the fresh supply of bitcoin from 3600 to 1800 per day. So the price will rise.

Assuming that demand continues to rise faster than the supply.
Pages:
Jump to: