Pages:
Author

Topic: How will halving affect the value? - page 19. (Read 19696 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
December 21, 2015, 10:27:07 AM
Definitely because there will be less reward for the miners. The price must go up.

Not necessarily, dude...
It's us speculating that the "PRICE MUST GO UP" when halving takes place...
Who knows, we might lose many miners' interest in Bitcoins and see some downtime which might let the price back down to where it was???
There are many factors, so deciding just on the "halving" factor won't do anything alone...
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
December 21, 2015, 09:42:45 AM
Definitely because there will be less reward for the miners. The price must go up.
In theory that is logical. But have you studied history of other crypto halvings? It will be 2nd bitcoin halving, and litecoin had halving before as well.
And you know what happened back then? Price instead of rising went significantly down.
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
December 21, 2015, 09:14:33 AM
I think the news/media hype will cause it to break the old high.  We'll hit close to $1500 USD per BTC.  Maybe crash after that. 

The media will only jump in once Bitcoin reaches the $1000 price level again. If that's going to happen, then yes, there will be a lot speculation in the price that will make the price come down again at some point after the block halving. There will be a lot YOLO people stepping into Bitcoin to make a quick profit. It will be kinda like the previous time when the price touched $1000 for the first time. Pure madness.

Like that wasn't fun!
The mainstream media unfortunately is interested only in hype and FUD, so that's why they (will) jump in at $1000.
Bitcoin still needs something epic to happen for the media to grab it and start saying good stuff about it.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
December 21, 2015, 08:25:34 AM
I think the news/media hype will cause it to break the old high.  We'll hit close to $1500 USD per BTC.  Maybe crash after that.  

The media will only jump in once Bitcoin reaches the $1000 price level again. If that's going to happen, then yes, there will be a lot speculation in the price that will make the price come down again at some point after the block halving. There will be a lot YOLO people stepping into Bitcoin to make a quick profit. It will be kinda like the previous time when the price touched $1000 for the first time. Pure madness.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
December 21, 2015, 07:44:55 AM
Well almost all people say the price will rise, so that is also my prediction. That the price will rise because less coins will be mined.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
December 21, 2015, 04:38:45 AM
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
December 21, 2015, 04:37:40 AM
Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

Halving have the same effect of a difficulty jump by 50%, and we already had that recently, so it is not a big event worth notice
So that's mean will not give affect anything, especially price will jump high and i hope we can back to $1000 after halving

this mean that the price need to go up again, because the diff jump already killed the margin on profit for the halving that is coming
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Me, myself and I
December 21, 2015, 03:40:03 AM
Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

Halving have the same effect of a difficulty jump by 50%, and we already had that recently, so it is not a big event worth notice
So that's mean will not give affect anything, especially price will jump high and i hope we can back to $1000 after halving
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
December 21, 2015, 01:49:57 AM

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030
give me your cryptos
December 20, 2015, 08:38:26 PM
You people have to learn how to use the search function. There are more than ten duplicates of this thread.

The price would rise, the miners would start pumping their saved up bitcoin so the double, so the 12.5 BTC is worth what 25 BTC used to be.
Activity: 224
December 20, 2015, 01:21:33 PM
I suppose we will see a very diverted market. Some expect a high rise, some a low if there will be no rise.
The other halving nothing much has happened. That would be my guess too.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 1217
December 20, 2015, 11:30:01 AM
The recent price could be due to the expectation of halving effect. When the halving actually happens, the price might not rise.

That is exactly going to happen in 2016, when the block reward halving occurs. A lot of short traders have jumped in during the last 2-3 months, expecting a big spike in the exchange rate once the reward halving occurs. Once it become clear that the halving will have no effect on the exchange rates, these traders are likely to dump their coins, causing a crash in the exchange rate. 
Activity: 770
December 20, 2015, 11:01:46 AM
Got a bad feeling that the pre-halving pump is already over done, after the halving the value would drop back to the pre-pump level.

if you think that it is over, then sell your coins and buy back later Smiley i think the pump has not even started yet. the price goes up, yes. but the real bull run or rally will come 1 or 2 months before the halving.
I agree this is not even the beginning of the pre-halving pump yet. This is the pump coming from China's regulation only. We should hold some bitcoin and wait for the real pump before the halving
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
December 20, 2015, 10:43:51 AM

I hope to see a nice a pump.Maybe a doubling of the actual price?Who knows.
The question is when will this kick in.I believe the halving effect will start before the halving and also could have an after effect, which hopefully isn't a big dump.In worst case I believe we would stay where we are now.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
December 20, 2015, 10:39:45 AM
Got a bad feeling that the pre-halving pump is already over done, after the halving the value would drop back to the pre-pump level.

if you think that it is over, then sell your coins and buy back later Smiley i think the pump has not even started yet. the price goes up, yes. but the real bull run or rally will come 1 or 2 months before the halving.
Activity: 770
December 20, 2015, 09:56:34 AM
If you only talk about the next halving, the value of bitcoin can be expected to raised a lot accompanied by the hype of the pump in the price of bitcoin at the moment. But on later halvings this will cause a considerable problem because the mining reward will be too low and the fee will be really high. This can mark the end of bitcoin in my opinion
Activity: 481
Merit: 250
December 20, 2015, 09:10:12 AM
Activity: 201
Proof-of-Asset Protocol
December 20, 2015, 05:51:58 AM
The recent price could be due to the expectation of halving effect. When the halving actually happens, the price might not rise.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
December 20, 2015, 05:26:43 AM
he is clearly wrong, as i see it the effect of the halving is already started, the last pump was part of it for sure

like it was said the effect of the halving can occur long before it

Some rumours hanging around that one of the reason of the last pump would be that there are alot of ponzis going around at Asia especially south eash asia that have switch into bitcoin instead of traditional fiat. The halving will have another pump soon when it is reaching the limit, as of now I dont see it to be caused by halving yet since there isnt any hype

yeah but they are not telling you why those ponzi are going around, and i can clearly say that is in part for the halving

chinese will not pump the price for the halvign when everyone will expect it, this is obvious, if you think that they will let their 60% of the network without profit, you're being naive
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
December 20, 2015, 05:05:05 AM
he is clearly wrong, as i see it the effect of the halving is already started, the last pump was part of it for sure

like it was said the effect of the halving can occur long before it
You cannot really talk about effect of halving before halving. I don't believe in pre-halving effect. It is too soon for that. I want to know what will happen AFTER actually halving hits us.
And based of previous events (Litecoin halving, 1st bitcoin halving) price went down - every time. Will it be the same this time?
Pages:
Jump to: