Pages:
Author

Topic: How will halving affect the value? - page 17. (Read 19696 times)

uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
cryptojunk bag holder
January 30, 2016, 06:25:06 PM
I expect a big pump in the price to a new ath. But it will fall in a short time to sub 1000$ and stay there at leas one year more.
Based on halving only? Have a look on the all-time charts how far from the ath we are now, and how much did we grow due to the last halving. No, halving alone won't get us beyond $600. We need some more fundamental news to form the hype. Otherwise there will be big disappointment.

i can't see a new ath happens just because of the block halving, but maybe we can come close to $1000 when people start to panic buy like there is no tomorrow. block halving plus reaching an agreement about the block size increase will give the price even a stronger boost.
that is what I meant with something extra on the fundamental side to support the buying pressure. Otherwise, there is no way we can go beyond $600 based on halving exclusively. Let alone $1k or ath. No way.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
January 30, 2016, 10:33:47 AM
I see bad bad times for miners...
legendary
Activity: 896
January 30, 2016, 09:44:22 AM
I expect a big pump in the price to a new ath. But it will fall in a short time to sub 1000$ and stay there at leas one year more.
Based on halving only? Have a look on the all-time charts how far from the ath we are now, and how much did we grow due to the last halving. No, halving alone won't get us beyond $600. We need some more fundamental news to form the hype. Otherwise there will be big disappointment.

i can't see a new ath happens just because of the block halving, but maybe we can come close to $1000 when people start to panic buy like there is no tomorrow. block halving plus reaching an agreement about the block size increase will give the price even a stronger boost.
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
January 30, 2016, 08:38:37 AM
Activity: 366
Merit: 261
January 29, 2016, 10:30:22 AM
uki
legendary
cryptojunk bag holder
January 29, 2016, 09:00:14 AM
halving is overhyped in this forum, and many will get disappointed to see that without support of some fundamental developments we won't go far. Not even beyond $500-600. If halving is the only hope for the growth in 2016, then we will see something similar to the last November pump that will end up after 2-3 weeks, not even half-way with the expectations of the most posters in this section.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
January 26, 2016, 05:37:47 PM
i believe the halving will mainly affect the miners...
what will be the miner fees effect for only 12.5 BTC per block?

Many miners have already more fees than income now...what will be the situatin after halving?
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
January 26, 2016, 05:31:22 PM
The price will increase heavily with at least an increase of $100. That's because of a supply reduction and mining fees allowing the price to surge.

There will be no supply reduction. The supply continually increases. It will be higher after the halving than before. It is higher now than it was before the previous halving. The most you can say is that the increasing supply will not be able to keep up with increasing demand after the halving, but only if you can predict future demand.

Mining fees have no effect on the supply or demand for bitcoins.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
January 26, 2016, 08:25:49 AM
The price will increase heavily with at least an increase of $100. That's because of a supply reduction and mining fees allowing the price to surge.

Of course there may be support lost through this process, however the price will balance itself out inviting more people than ever to use the currency. Strong suggest everyone buy before that halving date.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 26, 2016, 07:52:59 AM
We had a prehalving pump this xmas

The extent of that pump is too small. If it is the halving pump, the price should at least doubled.

only if the diff will increase so high that the profit would be the same that it was at 2xx, otherwise the value do not need to double
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Proof-of-Asset Protocol
January 26, 2016, 04:43:52 AM

The extent of that pump is too small. If it is the halving pump, the price should at least doubled.
Activity: 378
January 24, 2016, 05:11:29 PM
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
January 24, 2016, 05:04:55 PM
In a normal environment the bitcoin price would go up.

But take notice that the current price is actually quite good for miners.
Most asics can mine with profit right now.

The the block reward drops to 1.25 and the price rise to $900, it is still the same profit for miners. They will keep on mining.

When the block reward drop to 1.25 (around), it will be many years away. The price will be much higher than $9,000.
Activity: 318
January 11, 2016, 07:46:28 AM

The the block reward drops to 1.25 and the price rise to $900, it is still the same profit for miners. They will keep on mining.

It won't be 1.25, but 12.5 my friend...
And the price has already doubled from where it was, but we still need to see it above $600 for the miners to remain in the game...
They ain't mining just for fun, they too have their families and real life which they need to take care of...
Yeah if the income generated from mining isn't enough to cover their electric + cooling costs they might quit.
legendary
Activity: 1246
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
January 11, 2016, 07:35:33 AM

It won't be 1.25, but 12.5 my friend...
And the price has already doubled from where it was, but we still need to see it above $600 for the miners to remain in the game...
They ain't mining just for fun, they too have their families and real life which they need to take care of...
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
January 11, 2016, 07:14:46 AM

no because in that case it will be 1/10 of what the next block reward is(2016), this mean that the value must be 10x of what it is now at least, so 4k and not only 900

miners will maintain the same profit as today, that's the point, in fact they have the same profit as it was in 2013
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
January 11, 2016, 05:50:40 AM

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
December 28, 2015, 04:44:17 AM
I would not expect some price action. The current price is ok even for miners.
Btw most next generation miners that will come in march would be very profitable if the price is above  400 usd.

Not 400, but $500 would be a better option for miners in order to continue mining, because they never had any problems when the price was in the range of 250 - 300.
Halving might blow the prices up a lot than we are thinking, but that will just be a pump, the real price must be between 500 and 700.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
December 28, 2015, 01:18:06 AM
Last halving there was not a huge pump or dump, but this time i think that the price will not crash at least.

Taking the current market situation into consideration I don't think there will be a price dump but more chances of price increase because Bitcoin is doing really well nowadays and even if the price drops down in second quarter of 2016 it will again pump up during last quarter of 2016 just like how it happened this year
Well after this post which was after a week i see that it already happened a dump these days as the price crashed more than 10%

I can see people buying bitcoins now since the price is low rather than people dumping their coins. Most who are selling their coins are the ones who bought those coins when the price was $260-$300 few months back.
Activity: 476
December 27, 2015, 04:25:57 PM
I would not expect some price action. The current price is ok even for miners.
Btw most next generation miners that will come in march would be very profitable if the price is above  400 usd.
Pages:
Jump to: