Pages:
Author

Topic: How will halving affect the value? - page 20. (Read 19696 times)

legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
December 20, 2015, 05:00:01 AM
pre-halving pump is ongoing, look at all those mainstream fuckers hyping it.
you know what! I liked BTC even when touching 200.
Death to fiat! Death to corporate blockchain! Death to 2.0 garbage!
Only BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
December 20, 2015, 04:44:22 AM
Some rumours hanging around that one of the reason of the last pump would be that there are alot of ponzis going around at Asia especially south eash asia that have switch into bitcoin instead of traditional fiat. The halving will have another pump soon when it is reaching the limit, as of now I dont see it to be caused by halving yet since there isnt any hype

The MMM has announced to stop withdraw temporally, maybe it cannot continue for long. But the bitcoin price has not dropped.

Not just the MMM but there are alot of local ponzis going around in most of the south east asian countries. Thats one of the main reason that the price has been stable since people keep buyng to join these ponzis. I live in a south east asian country and believe me I know whats going on in my country Smiley
Activity: 812
Merit: 587
Space Lord
December 20, 2015, 04:40:30 AM
It has to affect the price, I'm sure of it.
Miners will be getting half of what they're getting now. Although, it's not like they're dumping everything to make their mining sustainable, still they will need a price increase.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 3537
Nec Recisa Recedit
December 20, 2015, 04:27:46 AM
I think that halving didn't get any particular value to btc... not much as 15% maximum.
Normally a price reflect "the future" and "the past"... the old price above 1000$ was really conditioned by mt.gox scam... and this is not the "real max value of btc".... probably the really price was around 500-700 $... and in the future with halving we can see again this price, but it's not impossible we can touch before halving these price range...
Activity: 249
Merit: 100
December 20, 2015, 04:21:05 AM
Some rumours hanging around that one of the reason of the last pump would be that there are alot of ponzis going around at Asia especially south eash asia that have switch into bitcoin instead of traditional fiat. The halving will have another pump soon when it is reaching the limit, as of now I dont see it to be caused by halving yet since there isnt any hype

The MMM has announced to stop withdraw temporally, maybe it cannot continue for long. But the bitcoin price has not dropped.
legendary
December 20, 2015, 04:17:52 AM
Most of the volume in chinese exchanger are fakes anyway. Since there is no trading fee in the chinese exchanger, some people could keep selling and buying for the sake of pumping the volume and confusing everyone, thats the reason why their volume is not listed in some statistics site

Zero trading charges might not the right reason for higher volume. Buying or selling must required some funds

What you are saying is just really dumb imo. If you are going to fake some volumes ofcourse you will have the funds to do so or else it cant be done and also since it has no trading fees, the insider could just fake some volumes as well regardless
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
December 20, 2015, 03:09:58 AM
I cannot get your logic. Since we know that most of the bitcoin trading volume is dominated at CNY. The price of movement probably come from the Chinese speculators.

Most of the volume in chinese exchanger are fakes anyway. Since there is no trading fee in the chinese exchanger, some people could keep selling and buying for the sake of pumping the volume and confusing everyone, thats the reason why their volume is not listed in some statistics site

Zero trading charges might not the right reason for higher volume. Buying or selling must required some funds (considering they can provide big level of leverages). Fees is highly negligible when comparing to bitcoin prices. So, I do not think the higher volume in Chinese exchanges are fake or just due to zero fee for trading.
legendary
December 20, 2015, 02:25:12 AM
I cannot get your logic. Since we know that most of the bitcoin trading volume is dominated at CNY. The price of movement probably come from the Chinese speculators.

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/
December 20, 2015, 01:50:18 AM
The effect for halving has already taken place, the price is almost double the price it was before and because the coin reward will he halved we will still  lose our coins on miners or electricity after halving.
it's is a planned game nothing much to worry about unless you get free electricity or ultra cheap equipment.
I cannot get your logic. Since we know that most of the bitcoin trading volume is dominated at CNY. The price of movement probably come from the Chinese speculators. It is still early to say the price will stabilize at this level in the future. Some miners may be scared of the declining price in the upcoming halving and decide to dump the coins. SO let's wait and see.
legendary
December 20, 2015, 01:48:17 AM
he is clearly wrong, as i see it the effect of the halving is already started, the last pump was part of it for sure

like it was said the effect of the halving can occur long before it

Activity: 593
Merit: 250
December 20, 2015, 01:25:50 AM
Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?
when btcoin halving happen on next August,nobody know what will happen to bitcoin price,even many expert dont know what will happen,and i search it on some site. but i wih it will make bitcoin price better,lets hope bitcoin price raise up to $1000 when bitcoin halving happen.
No one knows. probably miners see the reward become half and the mining profits cannot sustain the operation cost, they dump the coins to cause the price decline.
Of course it will. It is a big change to the bitcoin economy, or ecosystem. The supply will decrease, ...

The supply will not decrease. It is increasing now and it will continue to increase after the halving. Bitcoins are not consumed. There will always be more and more bitcoins available for sale until the subsidy goes to 0.
Only the growth rate is reduced. The supply is still increasing, not as fast as befor halving.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
December 19, 2015, 10:47:07 AM
Will the value of bitcoin go up because of halving to mining reward or will this cause a crash?

How many times discussed about this topic.... It would be enough to do a simple search and will find tons of posts about this question. Thread created this, for more, with only few words in the form of a simple banal question. The only news is the second part which guess a crash of the price after the halving. But no one word why must have probability to happen this guess (without any kind of foundation). Now want me to do a question to OP. I am unable to find even only one very little reason about the why of this your supposition. May you give even only one reason which make you to write these words? In this way I can learn something new (and unimaginable for my mind). Or creating this post you wanted that your nick be written with gold letters at the hall of fame of those who has open (are authors of the open of) threads at bitcointalk?

I apologize n2004al for the unoriginal post, I am completely new to the forums but will search for similar posts in the future before posting!  Embarrassed
I will now try to answer your question about why I added the guess of a crash...

It seems the overall consensus is that the value of bitcoins will go up as a result of halving mining reward. But it may be helpful to look at the recent history of Litecoin which has already undergone a halving in its mining reward. We can see after the halving of the block reward for Litecoin from 50 to 25 LTC on Aug 25th, the price was fairly stable the value of Litecoin actually declined days after but then quickly retained around its original value prior to Aug 25th. When the time comes for Bitcoin to be halved, I would imagine miners will be disappointed with receiving half as many btc, since I really don't see any large increase to the valuation of bitcoins. I believe the short term affect of the halving will be a decline since miners will be forced to sell off larger portions of their mined Bitcoins to expand their operations just so they can still see some profit from the smaller block rewards. For those who believe the price may double, realize that as odolvlobo said the supply is not decreasing its just the rate at which the supply is growing is just lower.

I don't necessarily think bitcoin will crash but perhaps we will see some decline during July. Even if bitcoin was going to drastically increase it would have already done so way before July 2016 since the halving of the block reward is public knowledge.
legendary
Activity: 1134
December 19, 2015, 06:47:50 AM

How many times discussed about this topic.... It would be enough to do a simple search and will find tons of posts about this question. Thread created this, for more, with only few words in the form of a simple banal question. The only news is the second part which guess a crash of the price after the halving. But no one word why must have probability to happen this guess (without any kind of foundation). Now want me to do a question to OP. I am unable to find even only one very little reason about the why of this your supposition. May you give even only one reason which make you to write these words? In this way I can learn something new (and unimaginable for my mind). Or creating this post you wanted that your nick be written with gold letters at the hall of fame of those who has open (are authors of the open of) threads at bitcointalk?
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
December 19, 2015, 05:29:02 AM
Of course it will. It is a big change to the bitcoin economy, or ecosystem. The supply will decrease, ...

The supply will not decrease. It is increasing now and it will continue to increase after the halving. Bitcoins are not consumed. There will always be more and more bitcoins available for sale until the subsidy goes to 0.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
December 19, 2015, 04:24:35 AM
when btcoin halving happen on next August,nobody know what will happen to bitcoin price,even many expert dont know what will happen,and i search it on some site. but i wih it will make bitcoin price better,lets hope bitcoin price raise up to $1000 when bitcoin halving happen.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
December 19, 2015, 04:05:24 AM
Last halving there was not a huge pump or dump, but this time i think that the price will not crash at least.

Taking the current market situation into consideration I don't think there will be a price dump but more chances of price increase because Bitcoin is doing really well nowadays and even if the price drops down in second quarter of 2016 it will again pump up during last quarter of 2016 just like how it happened this year
legendary
Activity: 966
December 19, 2015, 02:37:47 AM
The effect for halving has already taken place, the price is almost double the price it was before and because the coin reward will he halved we will still  lose our coins on miners or electricity after halving.
it's is a planned game nothing much to worry about unless you get free electricity or ultra cheap equipment.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
December 19, 2015, 02:31:06 AM
Of course it will. It is a big change to the bitcoin economy, or ecosystem. The supply will decrease, and miners will Stuart to leave. This will cause higher TX fees, and people also leaving bitcoin. After this, people will fight for the fastest transaction speed, and the TX fee will rise sharply. After this happens, miners again would be attracted to the high fees.

And repeat.

Yep... But the thing untrue about your statement is that the miners will start to leave. They won't if the price of BTC goes up in accordance to the halving.

At the same time, new mining will join the competition if the price of bitcoin goes more than one fold. There are many more different scenario of halving price impact on mining and the other aspects of bitcoin ecosystem. Simple and most expected is double the price and more miners come in.
BTT
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
December 18, 2015, 11:06:58 PM
Of course it will. It is a big change to the bitcoin economy, or ecosystem. The supply will decrease, and miners will Stuart to leave. This will cause higher TX fees, and people also leaving bitcoin. After this, people will fight for the fastest transaction speed, and the TX fee will rise sharply. After this happens, miners again would be attracted to the high fees.

And repeat.

Yep... But the thing untrue about your statement is that the miners will start to leave. They won't if the price of BTC goes up in accordance to the halving.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
December 18, 2015, 11:05:31 PM

And repeat.
Pages:
Jump to: