Pages:
Author

Topic: How will halving affect the value? - page 16. (Read 19696 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
February 04, 2016, 04:39:41 AM
You people have to learn how to use the search function. There are more than ten duplicates of this thread.

The price would rise, the miners would start pumping their saved up bitcoin so the double, so the 12.5 BTC is worth what 25 BTC used to be.

What exactly do you mean by "pumping their saved up bitcoin"?

Also, miners are a small part of the market, and after the halving their part will be even smaller.

it depend, i can argue, that they are holding a considerable amount of bitcoin, and they can control any exchange easily, especially chinese miners

so no, i believe they make up for quite a threat in the market scene
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
February 03, 2016, 05:55:11 PM
It will have to go up somewhat to cover mining costs... the amount and if that is already factored into todays price is another story.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
February 03, 2016, 05:51:41 PM
You people have to learn how to use the search function. There are more than ten duplicates of this thread.

The price would rise, the miners would start pumping their saved up bitcoin so the double, so the 12.5 BTC is worth what 25 BTC used to be.

I think the price will rise to a higher level by the halving.
We just need to wait till its so far in my opinion the bitcoin is not to predict, so just wait for it.

If the demand rises during April to July, we can expect a rise in the price. However, transactions may probably take more time to confirm if we don't reward the miners and blockchain may most probably increase their fee as well.

Well last time nothing happened with the price. But yes if the demand starts increasing we can see a nice up movement.
Although i am quite pessimistic at this moment.

Right now we are in a completely different time period. The upcomming block halving will make a lot people panic buy as they are hoping to sell at high levels. Greed will be a major part of the block halving rally with so much investors looking for the jackpot.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
February 03, 2016, 05:07:09 PM

We just need to wait till its so far in my opinion the bitcoin is not to predict, so just wait for it.

If the demand rises during April to July, we can expect a rise in the price. However, transactions may probably take more time to confirm if we don't reward the miners and blockchain may most probably increase their fee as well.

Well last time nothing happened with the price. But yes if the demand starts increasing we can see a nice up movement.
Although i am quite pessimistic at this moment.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
February 03, 2016, 04:46:34 PM

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
February 03, 2016, 04:03:44 PM
For me i dont really know what is the effect of the halving and how affects the value of the bitcoins. But i think if the halving happens the price will rise and the difficulty for the miners will decrease..
Activity: 658
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
February 03, 2016, 03:58:05 PM
i think that the price will grow really fast in no time
Activity: 658
February 03, 2016, 03:24:21 PM
the halving event will surely impact the price in some way though its hard to predict if the effect will be positive or negative, i think that it should be positive as more people will get interested during that
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 03, 2016, 01:49:15 PM
The halving will affect all of us but the miners will be the ones that will be affected the most. In my opinion the price will rise.
legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
February 03, 2016, 12:24:11 PM

What exactly do you mean by "pumping their saved up bitcoin"?

Also, miners are a small part of the market, and after the halving their part will be even smaller.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
February 03, 2016, 12:22:38 PM

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
February 03, 2016, 12:19:02 PM

legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
February 03, 2016, 12:12:27 PM
in my opinion, it doesn't matter that block reward is less or the supply is gonna be less,.... the only important thing about the upcoming halving is that majority of bitcoiners are speculating a price rise. this alone would cause an increased demand which will automatically push the price up on its own.
The halving is just to reduce the supply. Will that effect increase the demand of bitcoin? I doubt that.
Same demand but lesser supply will increase the price, but the question is up to what extent will majority hold their coins until they sell to earn their profits.

The halving does not reduce the supply. The supply is always increasing. The supply is higher now than before the last halving, and the supply will be higher after the next halving than it is now.
Activity: 994
February 03, 2016, 11:19:37 AM
If the halving is happened the price will be affected of course, you never know how.
I think it will rise to a high amount after the halving but only for a day or so.

After it will lower a bit to a lower amount but more stable than now.
Activity: 518
Merit: 254
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 03, 2016, 11:01:30 AM
in my opinion, it doesn't matter that block reward is less or the supply is gonna be less,.... the only important thing about the upcoming halving is that majority of bitcoiners are speculating a price rise. this alone would cause an increased demand which will automatically push the price up on its own.

The halving is just to reduce the supply. Will that effect increase the demand of bitcoin? I doubt that.

Same demand but lesser supply will increase the price, but the question is up to what extent will majority hold their coins until they sell to earn their profits.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
February 03, 2016, 10:51:51 AM

uki
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
cryptojunk bag holder
February 01, 2016, 04:55:45 PM
Majority in this forum, to be fully correct. The point is however, that most of the big whales are in China, and most probably they stand behind all of the recent price action. Whether they have the pump in the cards before the halving, it is another story.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
February 01, 2016, 07:13:13 AM
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
www.gamebet.gg
February 01, 2016, 06:58:21 AM
I think as soon as the block reward gets slashed that the price will start flying. The miners will buy all the coins below the mining cost.
Price will rise,.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041
January 30, 2016, 06:58:07 PM
The bitcoin value will definitely go up, as the miner will be selling (all or part of) their reward to pay for the expenses. If the price remains, they will not be able to survive.

if they are selling their coins, then i guess this deceases the demand and that the price will also go down. thats a basic eco law.
so how exactly halving can help the price to rise?
Pages:
Jump to: