Pages:
Author

Topic: How will this change the world of mining?? GTX 1080 / 1070 - page 11. (Read 134091 times)

Activity: 83
Merit: 11
I have 4 gtx 1070 gigabyte windforce 2x for 450 watt in lbry excluding the system .

Use Cooler Master GX 750w .

Whats your secret? clocks, voltage, miner version? My rig with 3 gigabyte g1s and one MSI is almost 800w
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001
I have 4 gtx 1070 gigabyte windforce 2x for 450 watt in lbry excluding the system .

Use Cooler Master GX 750w .
Activity: 968
Merit: 624
Still a manic miner
850 watt psu isn't enough for 3 1070. I use evga 700b bronze and 750gq gold for 5 1070. I never live any hardware issue and also I must say that room tempreture is really terrible due to summer.

i'm running six 1070 with a 1000w, so 850 is overkill for 3
lol at Amph !! great!! and i thought i was crazy making a 5x evga 1070 on a 1000w evga g2 psu.

100% agree with you
I have rigs with 4x1070 Gigabyte G1 on 850w PSU (superflower good old one). But they are ok with their 6 pin conectors.

But the MSi 1070 has 8+6 pin, so i left the rig with 3 cards... (the psu is an overkill in power, but ran out of connectors).

btw, i feel nvidia miners lost its momentum... LBC is not what it used to be.. other algos are not optimized for pascal yet... my roi went from 7 months to more than a year... Embarrassed

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
850 watt psu isn't enough for 3 1070. I use evga 700b bronze and 750gq gold for 5 1070. I never live any hardware issue and also I must say that room tempreture is really terrible due to summer.

i'm running six 1070 with a 1000w, so 850 is overkill for 3
Activity: 463
Merit: 256
what is better to buy - 3x gtx1060 or 2x gtx1070?interested in the price/power consumption on any algos.

can't find reliable data on power consumption for gtx1060, if the owners will share data it will be wonderful.

thx.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
It is enough just theoretical. Psu quality ( its efficiency, performance in load, performance when the psu temperature goes upper) and also If you use it in mining you mustn't use ordinary psu. Because these components aren't industrial. They work 7/24. Because of this there is only way to buy a quality one over critical limit of system consumption. I hope you understand what I mean.

Still a manic miner

yes, it is enough. The rig was eating 600w from the wall.
Still a manic miner
Damn MSI...  out of 5 MSi 1070 Gaming, only 3 left working ok so far  Angry Angry Angry

One worked fine for 2 weeks, but now it can only mine DCR, it fails at other algos (memory errors)

Now another problem. One caught fire yesterday night.. no OC, no overheat.. rig went down overnight, and in the morning one card has that smell.. Cry Cry Cry

Damn MSi and its sucky 1070

When did you buy them, are they with samsung memory?

Mine blow itself up also, was bought some 45 days ago and was with Samsung memory, I ask because i would like to know if MSI fixed desgn/quality problem for it

Those were bought 60 days ago at Newegg. Micron memory.
Plain LBRY mining with no OC, TDP 70%, and weather is still cold here, so no overheat or abnormal use.

The first one died with 4 days of use. It wasnt DOA... it worked fine for some days.
This one was blown yesterday. The smell comes from the VRM area. No visual marks. And i dont plan to open it.  Undecided

legendary
Activity: 1901
Merit: 1024
Damn MSI...  out of 5 MSi 1070 Gaming, only 3 left working ok so far  Angry Angry Angry

One worked fine for 2 weeks, but now it can only mine DCR, it fails at other algos (memory errors)

Now another problem. One caught fire yesterday night.. no OC, no overheat.. rig went down overnight, and in the morning one card has that smell.. Cry Cry Cry

When did you buy them, are they with samsung memory?

Mine blow itself up also, was bought some 45 days ago and was with Samsung memory, I ask because i would like to know if MSI fixed desgn/quality problem for it
Still a manic miner

I've sold a lot of MSIs 1070 GamingX , with no any issue , are you sure your setup hasn't other problem , week PSU cables , for example...

thanks for your answer, but no. The rig (850w PSU for 3x1070) is fine. It worked fine with other gpus. And the weird 1070, that only mine DCR (memory issues), was tried in many rigs, always doing the same.

My real problem is that i bought the 1070s while on a trip to Miami and now  i´m back at home (Argentina). I think MSi dont have international warranty, and i´ll end up sending the gpus back to USA (cost, delays,...) No fun...
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io

I've sold a lot of MSIs 1070 GamingX , with no any issue , are you sure your setup hasn't other problem , week PSU cables , for example...
Still a manic miner

legendary
Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006
Hey. Its been long time since i have actually mined bitcoins with my own hardware. It just became not profitable.
So i wanted to ask u guys, when i was comparing the hash power for price of the cards back then.. AMD cards always showed real nice results as compared to nVidia ones. Is it the same now or then have new processors which put nVidia card better at mining?

please shed some light on this
I adjust the core and mem freq. with msi afterburner and set the tdp with nvidia smi tool. My one card can easily overclock to 2050 Mhz with 110 watt tdp. But freq changes due to tempretures nowadays. Now it is 2025 mhz 275.50 mh on lbry with ccminer 1.8.1

It can work for one, and not for the others in the same machine. 2050 on avg with a multigpu conf it's not achievable.

If you want stability, with a good aftermarket version you can hit 2k, on avg 1950. Clocks are not stable in a multigpu environment.

Be careful with these msi, as you can see in this thread.
I think that problem isn't msi The point is knowing what you are doing with quality components... The onliest way of setting stable tdp is nvidia smi tool. Others are useless. And alsoif you use different wendors vga, placement of the cards are really important to get the best speed and tdp too.
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
I adjust the core and mem freq. with msi afterburner and set the tdp with nvidia smi tool. My one card can easily overclock to 2050 Mhz with 110 watt tdp. But freq changes due to tempretures nowadays. Now it is 2025 mhz 275.50 mh on lbry with ccminer 1.8.1

It can work for one, and not for the others in the same machine. 2050 on avg with a multigpu conf it's not achievable.

If you want stability, with a good aftermarket version you can hit 2k, on avg 1950. Clocks are not stable in a multigpu environment.

Be careful with these msi, as you can see in this thread.
Msi Gaming X
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io

which exact model of 1070 , do you have , mate?
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
May be than i build a rig with 3x1070 and 3x470 than it will cost the same! I see a rx 480 4gb 5$ more expensive than a rx 470 4gb so may be it is better to get this one or it has problems?
I have one pro btc board with six pcie slots left from my 750ti rig and i will use it for it , one dual core celeron and 4 gb ram , but the pay is 800 watts and may be it would not handle those six cards!
Pages:
Jump to: