Pages:
Author

Topic: How will this change the world of mining?? GTX 1080 / 1070 - page 20. (Read 134091 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
clymore said that he is doing a dual miner for nvidia

But it won't be fast if it's written in opencl. He need to write it in Cuda. I have already done it.

not sure if it is in opencl or cuda he did not say anything

anyway monacoin is profitable, with lyra2v2 and lyra2 is profitable on nicehash, both algo are very good for 1070
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer

But it won't be fast if it's written in opencl. He need to write it in Cuda. I have already done it.
legendary
for me there is only one profitable coin, and it is the sum of all the shitcoin in this place

ETC (etherum classic) is looking stronger now. 20% more profitable to mine than etherum.

yes it look good, but does it last? the only good thing is that perhaps it will not go pos, but expect asic in that case, if it will become big

still a 1070 can do 33MH at least on etheruem with 140w, so it's not like we can not mine etheruem, just waiting for the damn wddm 2.1 from microsoft
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
for me there is only one profitable coin, and it is the sum of all the shitcoin in this place

ETC (etherum classic) is looking stronger now. 20% more profitable to mine than etherum.
legendary
no your revenue will be worse, because one 1070 can do 270MH on Lbry which is 800k satoshi per day and consume only 140w, so that is adding up to the revenue

LBRY is a small shitcoin with a MCAP of $1.4 milion. The algo is not asic resistant, and will probobly only be minable a few more weeks, before the farms take over.

still very profitable, for me everything is a shitcoin here, etheruem included, it will go pos soon, and there are rumors that asic will take on it soon also, it's not impossible to do asic for etheruem

for me there is only one profitable coin, and it is the sum of all the shitcoin that are profitable, in this place

amd is only good on ethereum, full of private shit, not touching it ever, the 1080 is very bad, we can agree on that but the 1070 is gold

But claymore's work is pretty stable and good. Fast kernals with free dualmining.

sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
amd is only good on ethereum, full of private shit, not touching it ever, the 1080 is very bad, we can agree on that but the 1070 is gold

But claymore's work is pretty stable and good. Fast kernals with free dualmining.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
no your revenue will be worse, because one 1070 can do 270MH on Lbry which is 800k satoshi per day and consume only 140w, so that is adding up to the revenue

LBRY is a small shitcoin with a MCAP of $1.2 milion. The algo is not asic resistant, and will probobly only be minable a few more weeks, before the farms take over.
legendary
which will bring the hashrate to 30MH+ for the 1070

You can pickup a brand new 512bit  8gb 390 card for $250 It can mine 38MHASH of etherum and 800MHASH of SIAcoin with claymores miner @ 300watt. one single card. (modded bios)

Your revenue will be higher on a single low cost AMD card than 8 gtx 1080 mining etherum.

no your revenue will be worse, because one 1070 can do 270MH(and apparently 400MH with a bios mod, i'm investigating...) on Lbry which is 800k satoshi per day and consume only 140w, so that is adding up to the revenue

p.s. actually the 1070 can do 37MH on linux....always at 140w, also clymore is releasing dual miner for nvidia pretty soon
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
which will bring the hashrate to 30MH+ for the 1070

You can pickup a brand new 512bit  8gb 390 card for $250 It can mine 38MHASH of etherum and 800MHASH of SIAcoin with claymores miner @ 300watt. one single card. (modded bios)

Your revenue will be higher on a single low cost AMD card than 8 gtx 1080 mining etherum.
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
The 1070 is bether than the 1080 in random access.
legendary
neoscrypt is more optimized for the 1070, which is doing 1.2MH, and etheruem need a driver that will fix the hashrate, should be released today, which will bring the hashrate to 30MH+ for the 1070

so no the 980ti, is worse than pascal, also on LBRY a 1080 is near 400MH i doubt a 980ti can even dream about that hashrate

asic will never do anything here in the altscene, we just move to another algo, problem solved, those old algo were died anyway
sp_
legendary
Team Black developer
I think I can get my 980ti to mine @ 1GHASH as well. But a waste of time.
They tested the opencl bitcoinminer, wich is slower than ccminer.
You can get the performance of the 1080 for free if you just know wich software to run.
And which software as of now is the best to run on the 980ti to get 1080 hashing power?
Has this changed in the last 2.5 months that is was posted?

Status after 2 months:

Dagger Hashimoto (Etherum, etherum classic) is still 5MHASH on the gtx 1080 (windows) The 980ti can do 22MHASH on standard clocks.
Neoscrypt is 700khash on the 1080 and 1,2MHASH on the 980ti (with djm34's opensource kernal and oc)
Lyra2v2 on the 1080 does 52 MHASH with the nanashi bins (1.7.6. release 12). and 42MHASH on the 980ti (with oc) sp-mod private #7  (1.5.80 sp-mod #7 run with -X 64)

Gtx 980ti vs gtx 1080 (Most profitable memory algos)

Etherum: 440% faster
Neoscrypt: 70% faster
Lyra2v2:  20% slower (Because the kernal has been optimized for the pascal chips in 12 releases )

And for the other algos like x11,x13,x14,x15 quark-and-qubit you can soon forget gpu's because there are asic's comming..

http://cryptomining-blog.com/8181-baikal-miner-now-with-asics-supporting-x11-x13-x14-x15-quark-and-qubit/
legendary

wait 2 august, new drivers will fix this issue

Hi .

Any news about this driver ?  Cry

i'm also waiting, should be launched with the anniversary update of win 10, wait until later today
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001

Hi .

not yet, i am also hoping August Geforce driver improves Etheruem mining hash on the 1070  Undecided
Activity: 48
Merit: 0

Hi .

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
seeing mixed reviews on this site about the asus strix fans.

personally - i love them (so far). they are quiet, dont run overly fast (~60% while doing 240MH LBC), and look cool as ****. based on the sweet RGB/looks alone, I assume they will retain a good resale value compared to "bland" models like the turbo/FE

Im planning to buy 2 more today though and looks like the store has better stock this time (almost every model 1070 is stocked) - what is the best for low noise, good resale, and fanlife?

$579: ASUS turbo, MSI aero  (both blowers)
$599: ASUS strix, MSI armor
$615-630: other various models of EVGA/strix(oc)/MSI
$645: MSI Gaming

if the MSI gaming wasnt 10% more expensive than the strix id probbaly go that route, but figure the faster ROI will ensure i make my money before the card fans can die anyways.

the blower-style units probably have the best fanlife (ASUS says 4x longer, doesnt make it clear if thats 4x longer than tier own products or some magical junky benchmark), but i have an open-air case so te blower effect doesnt really achieve much besides extra noise and a lack of pretty RGB light

PS: im running a rig with 1x GTX-170 and 3x R9-270x cards just fine. took a bit of tinkering to configure:
1) installed the AMD r9-270 cards, driviers, and used the radeon global overdrive. also did bios mods to 1.1V
2) shutdown
3) unplug all the AMD cards from system, install GTX1070 + drivers + gputweak
4) shutdown
5) plug everything in (GTX as primary on a 16x riser, the rest via USB risers) - boot up. everything works but i cant adjust the AMD overdrive settings (which appear to implement anyways) without plugging in a monitor.

It boots and mines fine headless, but the radeon software refuses to open up (and afterburner is unable to pull sensor data) unless i plug in a monitor. Guess ill need a dummy plug (I only have 10 ohm or 2.2kohm resistors though, not the reccomended 75 ohm - so that may have to wait a few days)

update: added another GTX 1070 today (so glowey!!) without a problem. still room for 1 more but the 16x-16x ribbon riser is obstructing the use of a usb riser - guess id have to make all 6 run on the usb risers to make it fit, but thats a task for another day (and another $700cad gpu)
Activity: 39
I have a question

Does the GTX 1070 only do poorly with Eth in windows, or is it for all coins?

And how does the GTX 1070 perform on dual mining. I am not seeing mention in the last few pages.

I do know it does 26 -27 Mhs on eth using 131w @ 64C stock running Ubuntu 16.04  

It also gets 1.2 Mhs average on Neoscrypt using 181w @ 68C also on 16.04 ccminer  sp fork

It also does pretty well on lyra too

I'm happy with the 1070s and feel confident about roi considering they work pretty well on eth for now and can also switch around to other algos when eth diff gets too high.

What else is cool about pascal is that I all ready have a few gamers that will buy them if I pull them offline.

1.2MH on neoscrypt is impressive, even for linux do you have some proof of that hashrate?

Next time I move over to Neo I'll screen cap for you, but there are many threads where people are doing the same...

Right now feather is so low that I'm on eth.

legendary
I have a question

And how does the GTX 1070 perform on dual mining. I am not seeing mention in the last few pages.

It also gets 1.2 Mhs average on Neoscrypt using 181w @ 68C also on 16.04 ccminer  sp fork

I'm happy with the 1070s and feel confident about roi considering they work pretty well on eth for now and can also switch around to other algos when eth diff gets too high.

What else is cool about pascal is that I all ready have a few gamers that will buy them if I pull them offline.

1.2MH on neoscrypt is impressive, even for linux do you have some proof of that hashrate?
Activity: 39
I have a question

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
2x8 pin are bad, don't buy them, there is no reason anymore with pascal to have 2x8pin card they just force you to buy an expensive psu with additional cable that won't be available with the psu itself

For the 1070, the power consumption is low. There is no need for the 2X8 pin, which can support up to 375W.

My main computer only has room for 2 GPU's and the PSU would only handle 2x GPU's at a 170 TDP each before topping off the ideal efficiency range anyway. The 2 power connectors would not be an issue unless I planned on migrating the GPU's into a dedicated rig for mining. I am just trying to investigate if the extra power phases actually would result in a greater overclock or undervolt, or if it is just candy on paper.

Only ones cheaper on Amazon with a single 8-pin is the EVGA SC ACX or this ASUS that doesn't appear to have a good cooler. Anything else is too large and would interfere with the bottom HDD cage if I got a 2nd card, or is more expensive.

I will come to a decision on the EVGA SC ACX or the EVGA FTW soon
Pages:
Jump to: