Pages:
Author

Topic: How will this change the world of mining?? GTX 1080 / 1070 - page 24. (Read 134091 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
The zotac 1070 amp extreme is in, here some considerations:

- it's HUGE! long, fat and high: the biggest and heaviest card I've ever seen; possible issue for building rigs.
- cooling is very efficient.
- leds are so bright they light up all the room at night.
- TDP range is 125 -> 250; unfortunately it can't go lower than 125, which may be an issue for miners.
- two 8 pin pcie power cables; I would have preferred at least one of the two was 6 pins, another possible issue for miners.
- neoscrypt performance is excellent: more than a megahash with just 125 W!
- most other algos are 10-15% faster than 980ti but with 2/3 the power usage.

All in all I'm very satisfied but the next 1070 that I will buy will be a gigabyte G1 gaming.

why two 8 pin power connector if it uses around 150 W ?!

max TDP is 250: they did it to allow a lot of overclocking, but it's so high I doubt it can be useful.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10

- it's HUGE! long, fat and high: the biggest and heaviest card I've ever seen; possible issue for building rigs.
- TDP range is 125 -> 250; unfortunately it can't go lower than 125, which may be an issue for miners.
- two 8 pin pcie power cables; I would have preferred at least one of the two was 6 pins, another possible issue for miners.

All in all I'm very satisfied but the next 1070 that I will buy will be a gigabyte G1 gaming.

why two 8 pin power connector if it uses around 150 W ?!
Activity: 693
Merit: 508
Unless you live in Washington where electricity is 7.6 cents per kw, all the conventional cards 270,270X,280,280X.290.290X,370,370X,390,390X are not worth mining. Unless you believe the price will go up again someday which I think is what is driving the network hashrate of Ethereum currently. Miners have not lost faith in future price speculation. Of course this will not hold up forever as they keep dishing out the dough come bill time. Rather than wear out rigs on little profit or negative return it is smarter to turn them off and either wait for a profitable endeavor or liquidate assets...The time of Gpu rig building for profit has been over for awhile. The new cards that are more efficient carry such a high price tag, ROI probabilities are not good. 

again this, those who do not factor in, resale value of their investment, have not the right to talk about roi at all

you guys are talking like your card will be worth zero after you sell them when mining end, no they are worth like 80% of initial value especially if they belong to a new generation, this is not true for old card, they are worthless for gamers...

for example the 1070 will e easily sold for 350 even after two years until Volta will be out

That is true. But when I do the calulation, when I do ROI, I will factor in 0 resale value. If there is no ROI in 6 months, there is no point building it. that is the safety margin.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Unless you live in Washington where electricity is 7.6 cents per kw, all the conventional cards 270,270X,280,280X.290.290X,370,370X,390,390X are not worth mining. Unless you believe the price will go up again someday which I think is what is driving the network hashrate of Ethereum currently. Miners have not lost faith in future price speculation. Of course this will not hold up forever as they keep dishing out the dough come bill time. Rather than wear out rigs on little profit or negative return it is smarter to turn them off and either wait for a profitable endeavor or liquidate assets...The time of Gpu rig building for profit has been over for awhile. The new cards that are more efficient carry such a high price tag, ROI probabilities are not good. 

again this, those who do not factor in, resale value of their investment, have not the right to talk about roi at all

you guys are talking like your card will be worth zero after you sell them when mining end, no they are worth like 80% of initial value especially if they belong to a new generation, this is not true for old card, they are worthless for gamers...

for example the 1070 will e easily sold for 350 even after two years until Volta will be out
Activity: 294
Merit: 250

I agree with that. But you can make the old cards a bit more efficient by undervolting and underclocking.
Activity: 167
Merit: 12
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1001
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I think new 470 is more better to 280x .

Minor comsuption and more power .

That would be similar hash rate, but maybe 50% of the power consumption. 470 could be the best for mining.

But if the 470 comes out next months, it will not be able to ROI if the mining difficulty rises at the current rate.

We already know the difficulty is rising fast. But people (miners) are very confident the price will rise, they are add more miners.

If the difficulty doubles every two months as it did in the last 6 months, even for 480, there will be no ROI.

Most miners are very experienced. I think they believe the price of Ethereum will rise after the crisis.

The miners are driven by greed. That will cause an over investment. They might lose some money in the future.

The price is below $10 now. The difficult is also high and rising fast. For the old graphics cards, they will not be profitable next month.

Maybe the difficulty will not rise as fast as before. But that is a gamble. In fact, mining is a gamble as well.
Activity: 546

That would be similar hash rate, but maybe 50% of the power consumption. 470 could be the best for mining.

But if the 470 comes out next months, it will not be able to ROI if the mining difficulty rises at the current rate.

We already know the difficulty is rising fast. But people (miners) are very confident the price will rise, they are add more miners.

If the difficulty doubles every two months as it did in the last 6 months, even for 480, there will be no ROI.

Most miners are very experienced. I think they believe the price of Ethereum will rise after the crisis.

The miners are driven by greed. That will cause an over investment. They might lose some money in the future.

The price is below $10 now. The difficult is also high and rising fast. For the old graphics cards, they will not be profitable next month.
Activity: 242

legendary

Yes i think so .
Activity: 882
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Activity: 242

Activity: 309
Merit: 118

legendary

Activity: 308
As the architecture of shaders is not changed much expected performance is near level of Hawaii with 2304 shader cores multiplied by core clock
If you expect 480 to be faster than Hawaii, then think again

I agree with that. According to the latest mining performance of the 480 RX, it is slower than the R9 390.

Although it is slower, it is more efficient. It depends on your electricity price. If it is high, it is better to use 480.

For the high electricity price people, they should not use graphics to mine. If they invest now, there will be no ROI.

The network hash rate is over 4000G now, that is almost 200,000 of AMD R9 280X/380X. The 480X will also be added.

I think half of that is the 280x or early graphics cards and half of them are the 390 or later graphics cards.

Maybe more than half are 280x or 280. In every DAG change, we can see a big dip in the difficulty level.

These 280x will be used for long term. I think they will be mined to death. That is a very good card.
Activity: 693
Merit: 508
As the architecture of shaders is not changed much expected performance is near level of Hawaii with 2304 shader cores multiplied by core clock
If you expect 480 to be faster than Hawaii, then think again

I agree with that. According to the latest mining performance of the 480 RX, it is slower than the R9 390.

Although it is slower, it is more efficient. It depends on your electricity price. If it is high, it is better to use 480.

For the high electricity price people, they should not use graphics to mine. If they invest now, there will be no ROI.

The network hash rate is over 4000G now, that is almost 200,000 of AMD R9 280X/380X. The 480X will also be added.

I think half of that is the 280x or early graphics cards and half of them are the 390 or later graphics cards.

Maybe more than half are 280x or 280. In every DAG change, we can see a big dip in the difficulty level.
Pages:
Jump to: