Pages:
Author

Topic: How will this change the world of mining?? GTX 1080 / 1070 - page 36. (Read 134091 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Have you seen anybody achieve the 40 MH/s on the 290 or 390?

Why the 390x is the same speed as the 390?
Activity: 438
Try finding a store with one IN STOCK.

8-(

Someone had a review unit they posted some ETH hashrates on - it was..... VERY VERY underwhelming, a 970 outhashes it.

Not sure how much of that is "new drivers not optimised for OpenCL or CUDA compute yet" and how much of it is "archetecture changes made it work WORSE on Ethereum than NVidia cards already do"....

they perform surely better on any other algo, due too low consumption and better hash, so i think it may be true that it is just a matter of bad optimization, or lacking of something necessary

genoil said that their potential could be around 40MH, for the 1080, which would be an instant buy.....but anyway, still too pricy for my taste

The maximum of the 1080 is 40MH, just like the max of 290 is 40MH, because of the bandwidth of 320GB/s (simply divide by 8KB/hash). I've heard through the grapvine that Pascal will be able (but does not yet) support (TLB) page sizes of 2MB and 8MB. When this would be enabled, we might finally see hashrates up to copyspeed (40MH) on NVidia. What we've seen with current drivers is much less; 650KH/s on Win7, 6MH/s on Win10 and 24MH/s on Linux (OpenCL).
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

8-(

Someone had a review unit they posted some ETH hashrates on - it was..... VERY VERY underwhelming, a 970 outhashes it.

Not sure how much of that is "new drivers not optimised for OpenCL or CUDA compute yet" and how much of it is "archetecture changes made it work WORSE on Ethereum than NVidia cards already do"....

they perform surely better on any other algo, due too low consumption and better hash, so i think it may be true that it is just a matter of bad optimization, or lacking of something necessary

genoil said that their potential could be around 40MH, for the 1080, which would be an instant buy.....but anyway, still too pricy for my taste
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
The new Nvidia card will not be much more improvement when it comes to mining I don't think. Its way overpriced for its output.

These new nVidia cards might be better for some mining algorithms, but not for the Etheruem mining.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

8-(

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
So nobody has tried this 1070/1080 yet with ETH mining? It seems its already in stores.
legendary
hi all ...

its all just started ...

for the time being - this is the show to watch until its feasible to own ...

for any real hardcore miner with a farm - that is the logical next step ...

but then again ... some people have more money that sense ... so why not Wink ...

#crysx

i dobut big farm will switch to any new gpu any time soon, they would require a huge investment each time something new come out

also big farm have very cheap electricity, adding a bit of efficiency is not going to change muh for them
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
Yeah and 1070 looks like a 980 in terms of TDP.
Not sure it will gain much by overclocking either.
From what I have seen in games, it feels like Maxwell in 14nm.
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
The new Nvidia card will not be much more improvement when it comes to mining I don't think. Its way overpriced for its output.
Activity: 364
Merit: 260
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
hi all ...

its all just started ...

for the time being - this is the show to watch until its feasible to own ...

for any real hardcore miner with a farm - that is the logical next step ...

but then again ... some people have more money that sense ... so why not Wink ...

#crysx
legendary
Paper launch is NOT "available" - though NVidia paper-launching the GTX 1080 less than a month before actual availability (presuming they meed the announced May 27 "available for sale" date) was semi-impressive.

I agree, I only wanted to point out that we will know by 1st of June for sure Smiley
I have a feeling that top Polaris will still outperform 390x. Hoping for a nice 480x.

According to the following link, "480x" is just 5% faster than the 390x.

http://videocardz.com/60253/amd-radeon-r9-480-3dmark11-benchmarks

Yep already seen those and pretty much what I have expected.
I have a hunch that polaris will be more energy efficient - and still 480x is not the same level as 1070, more like 1060.
Also wondering about the OC capabilities. Clock is much lower than on 1070, doubt they will give 1060 1,26Ghz core.
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
Paper launch is NOT "available" - though NVidia paper-launching the GTX 1080 less than a month before actual availability (presuming they meed the announced May 27 "available for sale" date) was semi-impressive.

I agree, I only wanted to point out that we will know by 1st of June for sure Smiley
I have a feeling that top Polaris will still outperform 390x. Hoping for a nice 480x.

I think we might be a bit surprised that new amd polaris parts will look similar to 970 in terms of mining perf
390 and nano will look better in memory dependent but will they be good from price/watt/perf standpoint - 1070 looks definitely better from resale value - so overall might be a nice part
but yes - end of year parts from both vendors will definitely outperform current parts in pure perf but perf per value - that is the biggest question...
Activity: 431

legendary
Numbers for 1070 (maybe there will be some improvement but dont expect much with optimization)
all results are without overclocking

Quark 25000 at 140w
LiraReV2 14000 at 120W
Decred 1900 at 130W

Dont have ethereum yet - but expect 20-24mhs at 120W  

mmh not really excited so far

970 right now is

quark 17MH 150w
lira 10MH at 150w
decred 1350 at 150w

ethereum 22MH at 150w or 20MH at 125w

so we have 50% on other algo, probably less with sp mod private, because i remember he pushed 1700 or something on decred for example

and for etheruem we have a very bad position...and to be honest i was expecting a much lower consumption...
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
Numbers for 1070 (maybe there will be some improvement but dont expect much with optimization)
all results are without overclocking

Quark 25000 at 140w
LiraReV2 14000 at 120W
Decred 1900 at 130W

Dont have ethereum yet - but expect 20-24mhs at 120W 
legendary

legendary

legendary
From what I've seen reported, Polaris will start out in the low-to-mid range (more or less replacing the current R7s and perhaps the bottom end R9) and won't move up-range for a bit.

I've not seen ANY report of it showing up next month or even July - might get an "official announcement" in June, but actual "release for sale" date last I've seen was still estimated for mid-to-late 3Q 2016 at the earliest - with the TSMC damage from the big earthquake adding months to a LOT of estimates.

Polaris for sure will be shown at Computex 1st of June. Rumour has it even sooner at 26th of May at some conference for journalists.
Should get more info then.
legendary
From what I've seen reported, Polaris will start out in the low-to-mid range (more or less replacing the current R7s and perhaps the bottom end R9) and won't move up-range for a bit.

I've not seen ANY report of it showing up next month or even July - might get an "official announcement" in June, but actual "release for sale" date last I've seen was still estimated for mid-to-late 3Q 2016 at the earliest - with the TSMC damage from the big earthquake adding months to a LOT of estimates.

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
polaris is expecting to be released next month, so still in time, but first wave of gpu would be expensive as usual

i would look at the new 470 it should consume something like 40w and hash at 15MH at least

I would prefer the high end ones. You can have more hash per rig and that will reduce the cost of the system overheads.
Pages:
Jump to: