Pages:
Author

Topic: HSRMINER Neoscrypt Fork by Justaminer - High Hashrate, API, all GPUs supported! - page 24. (Read 13352 times)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10
yeah to clarify, my crash is after the logo, just no output about any error is what I meant. And I also have all my updates installed.
Windows defender is disabled but I'll try what you suggested if I'm able.
-edit-
disabled those 4 things but it still crashes Sad

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
New build also crashes just like the old one did before. Your suspicion is correct. It works fine in 1703 (Creators Update) and crashes consistently in 1709 (Fall Creators Update).

The crash happens after it shows the logo and disabling any and all of the new App & Browser control security option does not help. App level or system level. Disabling firewall does not help either.

Version 1709
Build 10.0.16299.192

Exception is the same as before (Access Violation):
    Exception code: 0xc0000005

NOTE: --benchmark mode works just fine in 1709, which may help you to narrow down the problem.
Activity: 325
Merit: 2
New version is out, check 1st msg in this topic. Added new options, also file was repacked from the scratch, sections are properly rebuilded, so it was properly packed by the packer, with smaller resulting file size.

Everybody who had crashes - if you had crash before .exe was able to show you logo - it's probably Windows 10 Forced ASLR "feature", which was introduced in latest updates, and it forces program to load at random memory address even if program is not ready for that. If you have crashes with new version try this - go to Windows Defender Security Center, App&Browser Control, Exploit Protection Settings and disable for hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe next options - "Mandatory ASLR",  "Bottom-UP ASLR", "SEHOP", "Validate heap intergrity". More info about this here.
If it won't help, feedback stage of the crash - before or after logo was displayed, and also please tell me Windows version you are using - type winver in command line prompt and check ver and build, I will install same version and try to reproduce crash there as I don't have any crashes on my good old Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.

error is in event viewer, no output from the program when it crashes. Just exits silently.
command line was
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe  -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:1100 -u xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -p x -b 0.0.0.0:4030
tried without -a and -b parameters but still crashes
Hmmm. Probably your rootkit isn't compatible with windows 10? lol

Parameter -a was added in version that was released today. Dear friend, rootkit is a kernel-mode entity, have you ever seen kernel-mode miners?  Shocked On a serious note I think that most crashes are forced by aslr of win10 with latest updates, fork doesn't have relocation info of original file so it can't be moved in memory to random address as Windows force it to. I will probably manually rebuild reloc info when I will have more time.
error is in event viewer, no output from the program when it crashes. Just exits silently.
command line was

hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe  -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:1100 -u xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -p x -b 0.0.0.0:4030

tried without -a and -b parameters but still crashes

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          2018-01-29 1:09:24 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      NVIDIA-MINER
Description:
Faulting application name: hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe, version: 1.0.1.0, time stamp: 0x5a47af32
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.16299.64, time stamp: 0x493793ea
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000001299d
Faulting process id: 0x20b4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d398d87824d6cd
Faulting application path: C:\Utils\hsrminer neoscrypt\hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 5c42e5ee-a425-44c1-a7d0-79d5022dbe96
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

0x80000000000000

Application
    NVIDIA-MINER

hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe
    5a47af32
    ntdll.dll
    493793ea
    c0000005
    000000000001299d
    20b4
    01d398d87824d6cd
    C:\Utils\hsrminer neoscrypt\hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    5c42e5ee-a425-44c1-a7d0-79d5022dbe96

Hmmm. Probably your rootkit isn't compatible with windows 10? lol
I run the miner as is using a batch file i created for ccminer.exe and it shows the splash screen but it just bombs out to the prompt.
No idea why . No log file no debug.

Please help me.

Windows 10 x64pro

Can you please show full command line parameters (just remove wallet/pass) from batch file you are using to run ccminer ?
Activity: 382
Merit: 250
it crashes upon startup for me.  no problem running HSR or KlausT.  Why is the file twice the size?

12gpu 1070ti
140/600/80%
Size of unpacked hsrminer is about 30 megabytes, after packing with vmp it's 14 mb, because vmp doesn't pack some data sections and also due to additional own code of packer/protector.

Can you give me more info about crash so I'll try to repeat it.

1) cmd line parameters you are using

2) OS type (pro/enterprise/etc) and exact version, open cmd prompt and type winver - write OS version and build.

3) what is version of Nvidia Drivers?

4) Does fork crash if you just run it without any options?

5) Does it crash if you run it with -h or --help?

Thanks in advance.

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
it crashes upon startup for me.  no problem running HSR or KlausT.  Why is the file twice the size?

12gpu 1070ti
140/600/80%

yep, the same issue
Crashing quietly on the rest of the machines and throwing access violation exception in event log. No root cause yet.
yup, same issue here. the miner crashes silently right after showing logo.

original hsrminer works well enought. some extra info:

platform
win10 x64 (no AV, defender is off), 7x1070

batch line
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe -o stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:10000 -u %WALLET%.%WORKER% -p c=GBX

Sorry, I wasn't able to reproduce crash on any of my rigs, was using same command line, so it's not a bug in options parsing. I will investigate issue later, after release of new version.
Activity: 1
yep, the same issue

Crashing quietly on the rest of the machines and throwing access violation exception in event log. No root cause yet.
yup, same issue here. the miner crashes silently right after showing logo.

original hsrminer works well enought. some extra info:

platform
win10 x64 (no AV, defender is off), 7x1070

batch line
hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe -o stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:10000 -u %WALLET%.%WORKER% -p c=GBX

win report (sorry for native lang):
Имя сбойного приложения: hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe, версия: 1.0.1.0, метка времени: 0x5a47af32
Имя сбойного модуля: ntdll.dll, версия: 10.0.16299.192, метка времени: 0x6dead514
Код исключения: 0xc0000005
Смещение ошибки: 0x00000000000129bd
Идентификатор сбойного процесса: 0x1924
Время запуска сбойного приложения: 0x01d3977852bbe88b
Путь сбойного приложения: C:\sw\mining\miners\hsrminer\hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe
Путь сбойного модуля: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Идентификатор отчета: 47f596eb-75ca-4ec2-ac4d-436c4d6ffe1e
Полное имя сбойного пакета:
Код приложения, связанного со сбойным пакетом:
Thanks for feedback, guys!

if you want it to be compatible properly with ccminer command line so that awesomeminer can set the pool info automatically, please let it ignore the " -a neoscrypt" and not exit.
actually it just exits even without that, so i guess you broke something.

New version will be released in 1-2 days, testing it right now. About compatibility with different miner's managment programs - hsrminer, either original one or my fork mines only Neoscrypt algo. Option -a (--algo) will work in new version of my fork, but for obvious reasons only for compatibility, because algo will be always =neoscrypt.  Also there can be some problem with color logo of hsrminer, some managers (for example NiceHashMinerLegacy) scans miner's output during benchmark and it seems that it can't handle color codes and just kills miner process.

I've tried new version with -a option with Awesominer, it works fine. I've created managed miner, pool, set miner's pool to just created one and started miner - no problem, miner ran just fine.

any way to get sniffdogminer to use this instead of ccminer klaust?

if you are going to mine neoscrypt algo only - then yes. You probably should just rename .exe file from hsrminer_neoscrypt_fork.exe to ccminer.exe and replace original ccminer. Try it after I will release new version and feedback please.

very suspicious full of newbie member giving feedbacks

I think there are a lot of new miners. And most legendary forum members have retired and are chilling on their own private islands bought with btc mined back in 2009  Grin
On a serious note there can be antivirus detections like "bitcoin miner" or "trojan bitcoin miner" as 1) it is miner and 2) it is packed with good packer/protector - same one as legendary Claymore use for his dual AMD+GPU ETH miner. His miner also has been instantly deleted by my antivirus as "trojan bitcoin miner" - same thing it did to original hsrminer_neoscrypt.exe. So if you have any suspicions, try my fork on mining rig without any sensitive info/wallets/etc, block it in firewall except pool you are going to mine to.

I am also a newbie, and i am also using this fork. Not because I'm greedy, but because there is no unnecessary disconnects. Also i am using autoit script. Add 2 pools. Unimining and altminer. I think that I have nothing to lose, thank you to the author!
Sorry for my bad english.

Good work!
No problem with restart!

Thanks, I'm glad that you like it.

Activity: 14
Good work!
No problem with restart!

what's your point? even the dev says to run it at your own risk and not put your wallet on the same computer.

sniffdogminer is a bunch of open source scripts on github that anyone could easily modify to do whatever they want. So yes.
Activity: 2
I am also a newbie, and i am also using this fork. Not because I'm greedy, but because there is no unnecessary disconnects. Also i am using autoit script. Add 2 pools. Unimining and altminer. I think that I have nothing to lose, thank you to the author!

Sorry for my bad english.
Activity: 181
Activity: 28
if you want it to be compatible properly with ccminer command line so that awesomeminer can set the pool info automatically, please let it ignore the " -a neoscrypt" and not exit.
actually it just exits even without that, so i guess you broke something.
Activity: 312
One more major issue. It won't run at all with Titan XP cards. My 1080ti rig works fine, but TitanXP just ends the program. The original HSRminer had a similar issue. No idea why, TitanXP=fully enabled 1080TI (with 12gb vs 11 and no crippled SM).

Sadly there is no source code available and it will be very hard to solve this problem without it. I'm already doing very hard work - add missing options/features to binary file of hsrminer. Anyway I will try to investigate the issue but it will take time.

need more feedback, i will watch development closely

cheers

Feel free to ask any questions. What options from ccminer would you like to be added to this fork?

sure, for now i only observe the development Smiley
Activity: 200
Merit: 3
After some hours of mining with expected hashrate i see decreases of hashrate.

This has been reported elsewhere.
Activity: 39
After some hours of mining with expected hashrate i see decreases of hashrate. Restarting miner solve problem.
I.e.  i have 1450 kH/s and after some hours it's decrease to 1300-1380...
Pages:
Jump to: