Pages:
Author

Topic: HSRMINER Neoscrypt Fork by Justaminer - High Hashrate, API, all GPUs supported! - page 25. (Read 13352 times)

Activity: 200
Merit: 3
Make API fully compatible with Ccminer, also allow long parameters with --paramname=value, e.g. --api-bind=4000 instead of -b 4000 (Then we can use it for NiceHashMinerLegacy :-)

Ok, long parameters can be added. From quick look at NHML source code, it uses API command "summary" - do you need full ccminer-compatibility with this command?

I do not know if it is required, but if you can implement it that will be even better.
Activity: 325
Merit: 2
Make API fully compatible with Ccminer, also allow long parameters with --paramname=value, e.g. --api-bind=4000 instead of -b 4000 (Then we can use it for NiceHashMinerLegacy :-)

Ok, long parameters can be added. From quick look at NHML source code, it uses API command "summary" - do you need full ccminer-compatibility with this command?
Activity: 200
Thanks for the hack!
Feel free to ask any questions. What options from ccminer would you like to be added to this fork?

One more major issue. It won't run at all with Titan XP cards. My 1080ti rig works fine, but TitanXP just ends the program. The original HSRminer had a similar issue. No idea why, TitanXP=fully enabled 1080TI (with 12gb vs 11 and no crippled SM).

Sadly there is no source code available and it will be very hard to solve this problem without it. I'm already doing very hard work - add missing options/features to binary file of hsrminer. Anyway I will try to investigate the issue but it will take time.

need more feedback, i will watch development closely

cheers

Feel free to ask any questions. What options from ccminer would you like to be added to this fork?
Activity: 312
Merit: 10
need more feedback, i will watch development closely

cheers
Activity: 106
Merit: 0
One more major issue. It won't run at all with Titan XP cards. My 1080ti rig works fine, but TitanXP just ends the program. The original HSRminer had a similar issue. No idea why, TitanXP=fully enabled 1080TI (with 12gb vs 11 and no crippled SM).

Anyone know how to get this working with Awesome miner? what is the API compatible with?

Choose ccminer Api, I'll add info to the 1st msg.

I tried using this but it starts and crashes before connecting anywhere. I'm using same launch options as for hsrminer so that couldn't be the problem?

No difference using -b 0 or not.

Any idea what might be the problem? I didn't try the earlier version as I couldn't find it. Thanks,

Can you please provide full cmd line you are using (just remove wallet/pass)? It can be some bug during options parsing, I will try to reproduce it on my rig.

Tried on a few of my rigs. Worked fine on one with 8x EVGA 1070 FTW showing ~10% better rates compared to KlausT 8.19.

Crashing quietly on the rest of the machines and throwing access violation exception in event log. No root cause yet.

Will try it with Awesome Miner now...

Awesome Miner works fine with my fork, I just need to tune "threads" and "hwinfo" commands some more, so they will show fan rpm.

As for crashes, can you provide more info? OS version you are using? Any AV, like Windows Defender? My AV randomly (sometimes at start with option like --help, sometimes only when I actually try to connect to pool with -o) blocks access to file as it do with original hsrminer, because AV detects it as "bitcoin miner", so I have to add folder with miner to exception list.

yup, same issue here. the miner crashes silently right after showing logo.

More info please, OS version, AV on/off, cmd line parameters you are using?

Anyone know how to get this working with Awesome miner? what is the API compatible with?

Choose ccminer Api, I'll add info to the 1st msg.

I tried using this but it starts and crashes before connecting anywhere. I'm using same launch options as for hsrminer so that couldn't be the problem?

Any idea what might be the problem? I didn't try the earlier version as I couldn't find it. Thanks,

Can you please provide full cmd line you are using (just remove wallet/pass)? It can be some bug during options parsing, I will try to reproduce it on my rig.

Tried on a few of my rigs. Worked fine on one with 8x EVGA 1070 FTW showing ~10% better rates compared to KlausT 8.19.

Crashing quietly on the rest of the machines and throwing access violation exception in event log. No root cause yet.

Awesome Miner works fine with my fork, I just need to tune "threads" and "hwinfo" commands some more, so they will show fan rpm.

As for crashes, can you provide more info? OS version you are using? Any AV, like Windows Defender? My AV randomly (sometimes at start with option like --help, sometimes only when I actually try to connect to pool with -o) blocks access to file as it do with original hsrminer, because AV detects it as "bitcoin miner", so I have to add folder with miner to exception list.

More info please, OS version, AV on/off, cmd line parameters you are using?
Activity: 238
Activity: 206
Merit: 100

Activity: 44

Similar to awesome miner, I am trying out this management software for my rigs

(not affiliated in any way with them, appears to be Russian as per install script lol)

https://cryptone.net

I have asked them to add HSR to their list of supported miners
Activity: 106
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
well, gonna give it a try on one of my mining rigs
also it can be started in a sand box I believe  if you are really worried
so this will prevail any possible threats
will report tomorrow how it goes
Activity: 2

I've tried in a rig with a clean windows instalation and it's very suspicious.... i've had to format it to get working again, a lot of DLL errors in Nvidia dll files, it's better to not trust this bullshit.

Any proofs that all problems were caused by my fork? What exactly happened when you ran my fork? Do you have any screenshots?
Activity: 118
Merit: 11
I've tried in a rig with a clean windows instalation and it's very suspicious.... i've had to format it to get working again, a lot of DLL errors in Nvidia dll files, it's better to not trust this bullshit.
i think if it is really clean you can send the source code to our seniors in here for checking.

There is no source code (as there is no source code for original version). I have worked with binary.

Want to add a feature get a ccminer style api into it so we can add it to mining managers easily.

API is working now, check new version in 1st msg of this topic.
Activity: 181
Merit: 10
i think if it is really clean you can send the source code to our seniors in here for checking.
New fork's version added, API is now working, see 1st post!
Want to add a feature get a ccminer style api into it so we can add it to mining managers easily.

Ok, I will see what can be done.

Nothing personal here, and I'm not gonna judge you for something rather than thank for this miner. Butttt... You're wrong here. At least half of newbie miners have 1-2 cards, which may even (ouuuch!) put w/o risers into closed standard midi-tower case. And that's the only PC they got. So, gaming daily, sleeping+mining nightly. Are you sure they got backups and lack personal data on their drives? So why are you surprised that someone got bored when he saw "blah-blah-WannaCry" associated to your file, bro? Wink That's normal, they don't wanna cry. Uh oh, yeah you can use sandboxie and/or other techniques to isolate suspicious executable, but u need some skill for that.

I understand. Well everybody can use any software they want, I'm not forcing anyone, just trying to explain my opinion.

okay ,this fork works fine atleast for 1 day that i've tried it. I was mining at zpool.ca with conversion to btc.Results are little better than with original version but hard to say for sure because it vary everyday anyway. What i really like is new option ,it let me use .cmd file with backup pools in loop. Thank a lot for that!

Glad you like it, you can also check my AutoIt script (link in the 1st post) - it will help you in case of miner's crash.
First post has been updated, I've added my AutoIt script to autorun miners, handle exits/crashes, change to next pool, etc.
Pages:
Jump to: