Pages:
Author

Topic: H/w Hosting Directory & Reputation - page 7. (Read 113260 times)

copper member
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Reliable Miner Hosting - https://kpmhosting.com
February 11, 2018, 11:39:27 PM
What assurance do you need ? Let us know, we will sort it out for you. Email us at [email protected] and we can take it further.

I don't really know what can be done about that at all, except for if you could escrow the value of my miners in BTC with a trusted member of the forum.
Would that be possible?

How many miners do you want to host with the model please ? When (Days/Months) will that escrow be released by the trusted member ? Also, soon you will have reviews on the forum.

I'm aiming for 15 Whatsminers and 10 S9s
I think 6 months would be reasonable
Reviews can only be for a couple of months so far

As per your post it means, that new business may turn out to be a scam because its only two months old. There are legendary members with trust rating who do scams.

We can host for you. How about you visit us and have a look ? We can never estimate what value will be the coins and the miners after 6 months. We can hold escrow of 100 LTC for one month maximum.

We are hosting more than 150 miners currently and are expecting another 150 in another 2 weeks.

If you are still in a doubt, we are not for you.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150
Freedom&Honor
February 11, 2018, 11:23:44 PM
What assurance do you need ? Let us know, we will sort it out for you. Email us at [email protected] and we can take it further.

I don't really know what can be done about that at all, except for if you could escrow the value of my miners in BTC with a trusted member of the forum.
Would that be possible?

How many miners do you want to host with the model please ? When (Days/Months) will that escrow be released by the trusted member ? Also, soon you will have reviews on the forum.

I'm aiming for 15 Whatsminers and 10 S9s
I think 6 months would be reasonable
Reviews can only be for a couple of months so far
copper member
February 11, 2018, 11:03:44 PM

Would that be possible?

legendary
Freedom&Honor
February 11, 2018, 11:01:43 PM

Would that be possible?
copper member
February 11, 2018, 10:59:41 PM
I've spent the last 2 hours or so googling and opening threads about hosted miners

Is there any legit service that actually has room to host more miners?

We have space. Visit us at https://kpmhosting.com

I have seen your website.
First Time Installation - 100 USD
That's too much for something that takes less than 5 minutes.
I could probably ignore that, but what makes me certain that you won't run away with my miners?
I mean no offense, you're a brand new account here with no trading history whatsoever or trust.
What can you do to assure me I'm not going to get scammed?

legendary
Freedom&Honor
February 11, 2018, 10:55:29 PM
I've spent the last 2 hours or so googling and opening threads about hosted miners

I have seen your website.
First Time Installation - 100 USD
That's too much for something that takes less than 5 minutes.
I could probably ignore that, but what makes me certain that you won't run away with my miners?
I mean no offense,  but you're a brand new account here with no trading history whatsoever or trust.
What can you do to assure me I'm not going to get scammed?
Activity: 2
February 11, 2018, 10:37:52 PM
Anyone has any news on rekt mining?

I don't believe they will have enough cooling/air movement come summer time in Phoenix.
It's just a warehouse building.

If he does a hot box with serious heat evac, much cooling isn’t needed. I couldn’t quite tell his setup from the pics. I’ve got a friend in Las Vegas who over-insulated the inside of a commercial warehouse space, has amazing heat evac and only uses a small portable a/c to bring the 800 sq ft down another 10 degrees or so.

There is no AC it's all swamp cooler in there - except for the office areas. If you look at the photo there's a swamp cooler drop right above the hot box, which typically drip. Hopefully your machines aren't on that side or they get protected somehow.

Even with the heat going out there's not enough openings to let air in. It will have severe negative pressure.
copper member
February 11, 2018, 10:24:08 PM

legendary
Freedom&Honor
February 11, 2018, 08:26:22 PM

Activity: 223
Merit: 12
February 11, 2018, 03:51:53 PM

I don't believe they will have enough cooling/air movement come summer time in Phoenix.

If he does a hot box with serious heat evac, much cooling isn’t needed. I couldn’t quite tell his setup from the pics. I’ve got a friend in Las Vegas who over-insulated the inside of a commercial warehouse space, has amazing heat evac and only uses a small portable a/c to bring the 800 sq ft down another 10 degrees or so.
February 11, 2018, 03:47:07 PM

If Dustin doesn’t get his place together soon I’m looking for hosting space for 20 miners if anyone in the US has any space at an affordable price.
Happy mining to everyone!

I’m working on something in Dallas, but right now no specific date or certainty that I’ll be hosting outside (non-owned) machines. Im certainly leaning in that direction. April-June is roughly where I’m at. There’s a thread, linked earlier in this one, that points to my progress if you wanna follow along for updates.

Activity: 46
February 11, 2018, 12:35:34 AM
I was just texting with Dustin and he said that they are waiting for the improvements and the facilities to get finalised...
I’m in the same situation waiting to have 20 miners online but I Cosme to the conclusion that sending thebminers from one shop to the next one doesn’t help either...
I ask for a time frame and there is none yet but hopefully before the end of the month... it’s a long time to wait but I guess that’s what it is now...
If anyone want to contact him directly his email is [email protected]

As I said before I believe that instead of all the negativity it may actually be better option to find a solution... I would be willing to pay 6 months or so in advance of the electricity if that would speed things up since the investor isn’t there any more...
yes I’m very frustrated as I was also promised to have the miners online after Christmas but it didn’t happen and I think a solution is needed...
what do other people think?

I think you must be a super kind and very patient guy. I wish there were more people like you out there. At least your're not on here cursing his name and flipping out.

But having said all that... I do think it sucks that Rekt basically put the cart wayyyy before the horse. He shouldn't have accepted a single customer miner until he had a place to put it. He asked for a LOT of trust up front, and kind of blew it. I don't know Dustin, but from everything I've read, it sounds like he just got ahead of himself and that his intentions are pure, and that he's scrambling to get it all together.

You may be right that it's best to hang on awhile longer... but I believe some of you have been offline literally for MONTHS now and you're missing ANY chance to get your investment back. Maybe you should set a deadline in your own mind. If he can't get your machines plugged in and MINING by xxxxx then you pull out and find a solution. Network difficulty is always increasing. Time, quite literally, in this realm, is money. And you're missing out on a quite a bit.

I respect you for staying positive. That's rare these days.

I think he should have done things in a very different way to be honest, but here is where we are now, and it’s the second place I sent the miners. As you said indeed I should put a deadline in my mind, but I’m afraid to send them elsewhere and find myself in the same situation... if there was a reliable hosting facility with a fair price I would send the miners there indeed.
I don’t believe Dustin is a Scammer, just a guy that went a bit ahead on the business and it didn’t work out well. I do believe that he is doing his best to have this ready but that may not be enough... coming here to calling anyone names etc won’t get anything done... I just wish there was a solution...
As you said I’m one of those hat has been offline for months and it’ll be hire difficult for my just to make at least my investment back... ok top of that, I took a loan together with my savings to buy this miners, so I’m not in an easy situation to be honest... just looking for the best and quicker solution.

If Dustin doesn’t get his place together soon I’m looking for hosting space for 20 miners if anyone in the US has any space at an affordable price.
Happy mining to everyone!
February 10, 2018, 09:55:27 PM

February 10, 2018, 06:49:29 PM
I was just texting with Dustin and he said that they are waiting for the improvements and the facilities to get finalised...
I’m in the same situation waiting to have 20 miners online but I Cosme to the conclusion that sending thebminers from one shop to the next one doesn’t help either...
I ask for a time frame and there is none yet but hopefully before the end of the month... it’s a long time to wait but I guess that’s what it is now...

As I said before I believe that instead of all the negativity it may actually be better option to find a solution... I would be willing to pay 6 months or so in advance of the electricity if that would speed things up since the investor isn’t there any more...
yes I’m very frustrated as I was also promised to have the miners online after Christmas but it didn’t happen and I think a solution is needed...

I think you must be a super kind and very patient guy. I wish there were more people like you out there. At least your're not on here cursing his name and flipping out.

But having said all that... I do think it sucks that Rekt basically put the cart wayyyy before the horse. He shouldn't have accepted a single customer miner until he had a place to put it. He asked for a LOT of trust up front, and kind of blew it. I don't know Dustin, but from everything I've read, it sounds like he just got ahead of himself and that his intentions are pure, and that he's scrambling to get it all together.

You may be right that it's best to hang on awhile longer... but I believe some of you have been offline literally for MONTHS now and you're missing ANY chance to get your investment back. Maybe you should set a deadline in your own mind. If he can't get your machines plugged in and MINING by xxxxx then you pull out and find a solution. Network difficulty is always increasing. Time, quite literally, in this realm, is money. And you're missing out on a quite a bit.

I respect you for staying positive. That's rare these days.
copper member
Activity: 175
Merit: 101
cryptominer.ca
February 09, 2018, 07:58:20 PM
Hi,

Just a reminder that we will have space on May 1st.

Thank you!

Reservations are now opened!

Please note:

The expected date is now May 1st 2018. We estimate 90% chance that the power will be there on May 1st. (Or maybe even before this date!)
A initial deposit of 100 CAD / kW reserved has to be paid within one week after we confirm your reservation. There will be a 30 CAD / Mth / kW charged of unused power after May 1st. As long as you pay the fee, the space is reserved for you. If you change your mind, a cancellation fee of the amount of your deposit will be charged.
Once your miner is setup, you will be charged the usual setup fee of 50 CAD / miner and will have to pay an additional deposit so the total of your deposit become 3 months of expected usage.
Deposit
The final deposit needed is 3 months of expected monthly cost. This is because our electricity supplier asks us a 2 months deposit and we want to protect ourself against bad payers.

This deposit is entirely refundable at the end of the hosting service agreement once all issued invoices are paid.

Interruptible / Non interruptible
Please note that this block of space is not subject to planned power outage in the winter like our interruptible rate. However, we still do not offer any warranty on uptime. We do not have any redundant equipment and we are not a datacenter.

Here are the general process to reserve:

Interested miners will have to reply by email on how many kW they want to reserve and what miners they are planning to put there (We only accept Bitmain miners).
We will confirm on how many spots you can have.
We will issue an invoice to pay your initial deposit. You will have one week to pay the deposit of 100 CAD / kW. If not made, the reservation will be cancelled.
Here are some notes:

We are estimating to have the power ready for May 1st. It will be made available to customers if it’s before this date. Note that if it’s after May first, we won’t be liable for miners sleeping. We are putting a best estimate on availability, but it may be longer due to unexpected delays.
Note that the rates for this facility is uninterruptible electricity starting at 90 CAD / kW / Mth + taxes. See our website for more infos.
Note that unused spot/power after May 1st will be charged 30 CAD / kW / Mth + taxes.
Please read our terms of service and make sure you agree with them before reserving.
Even if you do not reserve, we may have space in the future, but it is less likely.

If you have any question, do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
February 09, 2018, 04:59:40 PM
I don’t get it then... there are some members here that had their miners online with rektmining, that’s why I think there is no scam? That it may actually be genuine what is happening?
Maybe I’m silly indeed not to be negative all the time... I’m just confused right now and was just trying to find a solution...
Activity: 516
Merit: 283
February 09, 2018, 04:46:06 PM

I think you are silly to double down on a scammer. Better to take your miners and run.
February 09, 2018, 04:38:39 PM

February 09, 2018, 02:51:16 PM
Has anyone heard from rekt mining yet? 

I got a text from Dustin today and he said they changed their investor so that their schedule is further delayed. Never heard about progress yet. I don't think it's gonna be setup soon. If he doesn't give me estimated setup date in few days, I will withdraw all the s9 miners. 

At this point, I wouldn't advise anyone to send ANYTHING else to this guy. While I'm sure his intentions are fantastic, his business is in tatters and has been from the jump. All the while he's sitting on a warehouse full of mining units he can't install. He's got over 50-60 units from my very loose count... so over $150,000 in hardware. Is he even insured? If the place gets robbed next week, are you covered?

"Changing" investors sounds messy. I'd be very very careful doing business with Rekt until they get stable. Those of you with units sitting on the floor, think long and hard about how long you want them sitting there.

This exemplifies the experience I've had with this scammer.

Please PM so we can discuss a police investigation and possible litigation. We need to stop other people from being ruined.
Pages:
Jump to: