Pages:
Author

Topic: I give up - page 10. (Read 22613 times)

Activity: 481
Merit: 268
May 04, 2014, 05:57:53 PM
We are still on a bull market, even after dropping from 1156 to 336 (bitstamp), with BTC-e and Bitfinex hitting 100 (ok, because of closing of longs, but it's on the chart)? I guess that even if we go back to 251 (top on Bitstamp on 10/4/2013; or even 100 usd) people will insist on the long term. In the long term, we'll be all dead, as Keynes said. If there is a median term bear market, I think it's wise to jump out.
The Op sold a little late, but if she doesn't give up and buy again after a change on the midean term trend, she can end up in profit.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
May 04, 2014, 05:18:34 PM
Any chart says we are on a bear market.

yep any. besides all the charts where you can see a full picture i.e. long term ones.
May 04, 2014, 05:08:18 PM
Bitcoin, 2011, at 2 usds, after crashing from 32.
Besides, we can learn with the experience of others: google Buying Stocks When Nobody Wants Them
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
May 04, 2014, 04:53:37 PM
They buy, with sacred faith, screaming like a kamikaze "to da moon", the ones you want to sell, no matter the price.
Then, since they are very strong people, with very powerful hands, they hold them, even against all trends. They hold and hold, even losing 80%.
They are always the last bulls standing. So, when they finally give up, losing 90% or something, they easily sell their bitcoins to you on the bottom. You see why it has to be the bottom? When even the perma bulls give up, almost everyone is a bear and, therefore, almost all the people that were willing to sell, already sold. Since there are few sellers, the price has to go up...
How nice are perma bulls, they help us on the top and at the bottom Smiley
You say this like you have experience. What market have you ever seen this scenario play out?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Stand on the shoulders of giants
May 04, 2014, 04:40:35 PM
hell sounds like a movie about train I saw another day called ... 

Snowpiercer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pek2kRn-gV8

even sounds like some sort of caste system ... pumped by religions or others social systems
May 04, 2014, 04:26:05 PM
The permabulls:
They buy, with sacred faith, screaming like a kamikaze "to da moon", the ones you want to sell, no matter the price.
Then, since they are very strong people, with very powerful hands, they hold them, even against all trends. They hold and hold, even losing 80%.
They are always the last bulls standing. So, when they finally give up, losing 90% or something, they easily sell their bitcoins to you on the bottom. You see why it has to be the bottom? When even the perma bulls give up, almost everyone is a bear and, therefore, almost all the people that were willing to sell, already sold. Since there are fewer sellers, the price has to go up...
How nice are perma bulls, they help us on the top and at the bottom Smiley

May 04, 2014, 04:04:22 PM
Great to see the perma bulls bashing the girl for her "weak hands". See how much are losing the people that bought litecoin, novacoin and all the other old alt coins at top and are holding. Keep holding, saying to yourself "I won't lose anything until I sell them".

yep..like poker ... sounds like you got a medium pair on your hands, you didn't see the flop but other guys raised half of your stack pushing you to fold ...
May 04, 2014, 03:58:34 PM
Great to see the perma bulls bashing the girl for her "weak hands". See how much are losing the people that bought litecoin, novacoin and all the other old alt coins at top and are holding. Keep holding, saying to yourself "I won't lose anything until I sell them".
May 04, 2014, 03:18:35 PM
there will be only 21 millions ... only about 1-2 years ago bitcoin had emerged from underground to general media, academic, etc ... we still a small community, and 6 billions capitalization not represents what bitcoin can be in the future ...
Activity: 531
Merit: 501
May 04, 2014, 02:23:36 PM
At least wait till the Winklevoss Bitcoin ETF has floated on the stock exchange (probably around the end of the year / early next year).
That's backwards. The Winkelvoss Bitcoin ETF is a dump, not a buy. They bought the Bitcoins a long time ago. The ETF is a way to sell them.

According to your previous predictions bitcoins should be worth -$10000 by now
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
May 04, 2014, 02:16:48 PM
buy high, sell low. Well done.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
May 04, 2014, 01:33:26 AM
At least wait till the Winklevoss Bitcoin ETF has floated on the stock exchange (probably around the end of the year / early next year).
That's backwards. The Winkelvoss Bitcoin ETF is a dump, not a buy. They bought the Bitcoins a long time ago. The ETF is a way to sell them.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
May 04, 2014, 01:08:27 AM
It's unfortunate that those who subscribe to the "hodl" propaganda believe that their best interest is being promoted... it's not, and deception causes quite a painful wound. The only reality that's worse than what's displayed in this thread is that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of more "Veronicas" out there that have yet to come to her recent realization.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
May 03, 2014, 10:55:49 PM
same patterns among many cryptocoins ...

lets map the pattren the fiat fallows

/\
  \ <-- you are here
   \
    \___
          |
           \_/\
                 \

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
May 03, 2014, 10:08:15 PM
I am sorry you lost money.

There is no such thing as a sure thing.

Many others have already pointed out other cliches of investing.

It does seem odd that you registered just to post this.  Maybe by being an active member of the community you would have understood the risks and potential of bitcoin.

No one knows what the price will do next, but if you look at year on year data bitcoin has usually been higher.

Good luck to you and your daughter.
May 03, 2014, 02:49:39 PM
same patterns among many cryptocoins ...

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265
May 03, 2014, 02:19:43 PM
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
May 03, 2014, 11:12:07 AM
It seems every time I find something that looks promising, I'm just a sucker waiting to give someone else a payout.  I have been following advice a gentleman offered to "hodl" my bitcoin, from $984 all the way down to now $436.  I've just been fooling myself, telling myself "Don't worry hon, it will go back up! It always has!"  I've been spending my time reading the forums and hoping.  My friends called me crazy when I told them it's a sure thing.  The shame is just as bad as the lost money.  So I quit.  You guys win.  Coins sold.  Sad

Better to sell now, than for a month,

View Screen Capture
Your trading range is so large and starting at the peak of Bitcoin's value.  Not an accurate indicator at all

No more MtGox, no more any raise the price.
Activity: 952
Merit: 281
May 03, 2014, 07:46:13 AM
It seems every time I find something that looks promising, I'm just a sucker waiting to give someone else a payout.  I have been following advice a gentleman offered to "hodl" my bitcoin, from $984 all the way down to now $436.  I've just been fooling myself, telling myself "Don't worry hon, it will go back up! It always has!"  I've been spending my time reading the forums and hoping.  My friends called me crazy when I told them it's a sure thing.  The shame is just as bad as the lost money.  So I quit.  You guys win.  Coins sold.  Sad

Better to sell now, than for a month,

View Screen Capture
Your trading range is so large and starting at the peak of Bitcoin's value.  Not an accurate indicator at all
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
Pages:
Jump to: