Pages:
Author

Topic: I give up - page 8. (Read 22613 times)

Activity: 707
Merit: 500
May 23, 2014, 05:42:34 AM
It seems every time I find something that looks promising, I'm just a sucker waiting to give someone else a payout.  I have been following advice a gentleman offered to "hodl" my bitcoin, from $984 all the way down to now $436.  I've just been fooling myself, telling myself "Don't worry hon, it will go back up! It always has!"  I've been spending my time reading the forums and hoping.  My friends called me crazy when I told them it's a sure thing.  The shame is just as bad as the lost money.  So I quit.  You guys win.  Coins sold.  Sad

I just love it when noobs lose their money!  Cool

That's just fucking mean.
I feel sorry that the OP has 'done a Veronica' - I really do.. i almost can feel her shame. Imagine people laughing at you because you actually LOST money on bitcoin?
You need patience and you'll be well rewarded.. but it takes time, balls and a true understanding of what HODL means. Veronica, sadly never came to grasp this.
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
I was promised da moon
May 23, 2014, 05:42:02 AM
Veronica hope you are back on the train  Grin .

Hodl or get burned, the only rule in BTC !

Nope, she isn't:

Date Registered:   29-04-2014, 06:15:41
Last Active:   29-04-2014, 06:50:01

She onl came here to let her frustration out and will only come back again to let her frustration out when she sees on TV "Bitcoin makes a new ATH at about 5,000 USD. Sad but true...
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
May 23, 2014, 05:29:12 AM
Veronica hope you are back on the train  Grin .

Hodl or get burned, the only rule in BTC !
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
May 11, 2014, 08:49:14 AM
I think we should coin the term 'Veronica' in a trading sense.

Veronica as a noun: someone who buys at a peak and sells the bottom
Veronica as a verb: doing a Veronica is the act of buying at a peak and selling the bottom

+1000!!!

Activity: 481
Merit: 268
May 10, 2014, 10:44:44 PM
In Poker they have a say "If you are playing and can't understand who is the sucker being ripped, stop playing and go away, the sucker is you".
The ones that point fingers now might find that in the end they were the suckers at the table.
The Op lost money, but if bitcoin goes much lower and she buys again, the suckers will be the ones who will sell even lower, perhaps to her.
And even if they can endure a hard crash without selling, the problem is that, after losing so much, they won't have the guts to buy much more. The bears that are watching out will have the opportunity to buy strong on the right time or, at least, at lower prices.
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
May 10, 2014, 08:20:02 PM
It seems every time I find something that looks promising, I'm just a sucker waiting to give someone else a payout.  I have been following advice a gentleman offered to "hodl" my bitcoin, from $984 all the way down to now $436.  I've just been fooling myself, telling myself "Don't worry hon, it will go back up! It always has!"  I've been spending my time reading the forums and hoping.  My friends called me crazy when I told them it's a sure thing.  The shame is just as bad as the lost money.  So I quit.  You guys win.  Coins sold.  Sad

I just love it when noobs lose their money!  Cool
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
May 10, 2014, 08:10:46 PM

Veronica as a verb: doing a Veronica is the act of buying at a peak and selling the bottom

The irony is that it would be types like you who would be telling Veronica to buy and hold at $1000. Indeed, it was someone like you who told her to buy and hold at $1000 and she done it.

How about

Veronica as a noun: Someone who heeds financial advice from some Nutter with Kool-Aid foaming out his mouth
Veronica as a verb: The act of getting drunk on 2nd hand Kool-Aid and making investment decisions whilst under the influence.

?
Activity: 952
Merit: 281
May 10, 2014, 06:16:12 PM

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
May 10, 2014, 01:28:41 PM
It seems every time I find something that looks promising, I'm just a sucker waiting to give someone else a payout.  I have been following advice a gentleman offered to "hodl" my bitcoin, from $984 all the way down to now $436.  I've just been fooling myself, telling myself "Don't worry hon, it will go back up! It always has!"  I've been spending my time reading the forums and hoping.  My friends called me crazy when I told them it's a sure thing.  The shame is just as bad as the lost money.  So I quit.  You guys win.  Coins sold.  Sad

Selling now will end up with you having a sob story here about how you bought high, sold low and didn't have a chance to rebuy before another bitcoin rally: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/worst-bitcoin-decision-youve-ever-made-163258

Funny how the one most common regret in that topic is simply four words. "not holding my coins". You would think something as straightforward as holding should be easy but actually it is much harder than anything else Smiley Fight off greed, self-righteousness, temptation, desperation, fear, anger, advice, begging, and just hold. This is the ultimate zen, as in a way of a mind free of emotions.
legendary
Activity: 888
Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.
May 10, 2014, 01:19:09 PM
It seems every time I find something that looks promising, I'm just a sucker waiting to give someone else a payout.  I have been following advice a gentleman offered to "hodl" my bitcoin, from $984 all the way down to now $436.  I've just been fooling myself, telling myself "Don't worry hon, it will go back up! It always has!"  I've been spending my time reading the forums and hoping.  My friends called me crazy when I told them it's a sure thing.  The shame is just as bad as the lost money.  So I quit.  You guys win.  Coins sold.  Sad

Bitcoin is shooting up to 4-5K USD by the end of the year. You will regret your decision, Bitcoin is such a revolution it can't fail. Save yourself from panic buys and panic/desperate sells. In my case, it took almost 2 years, it's tough yes, but you need to be aware what kind of financial revolution is this. Completely distruptive technology that can't fail.
legendary
Activity: 1246
May 10, 2014, 10:20:25 AM
To be successful in the trading game, you need to be an ice cold bastard.  Few people have what it takes emotionally and the ones who don't should stay away from it.

I absolutely agree. I know I don't have what it takes so I just restrict myself to play only with a small portion of my total number of coins. I did more than double that small amount of BTC since the top in December (after losing 30% of the same amount trying to make trades during the big November rally), but I probably would have made more stupid emotional decisions had I used a larger portion of my BTC stack to trade with.
May 10, 2014, 07:57:51 AM
Your mistake is that you are letting your emotions influence your decisions. There is nothing wrong with that when it comes to making personal choices such as choosing a career, partner, or house.  

When it comes to the impersonal world of trading, this is a terrible strategy.  Emotions are predictable is that is precisely why more experienced traders are making money off of you.

To be successful in the trading game, you need to be an ice cold bastard. Few people have what it takes emotionally and the ones who don't should stay away from it.

I agree with this.

I find that I am ten times better at making calls when I have no skin in the game than when I do. Having anything significant at stake totally changes the outlook on the market and using leverage (i.e. possibility of being completely wiped out) opens whole different psychological can of worms altogether. But then, the OPs problem was that she was buying emotionally to begin with, and now she is selling emotionally.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
bitcoin - the aerogel of money
May 10, 2014, 06:59:39 AM
Your mistake is that you are letting your emotions influence your decisions. There is nothing wrong with that when it comes to making personal choices such as choosing a career, partner, or house. 

When it comes to the impersonal world of trading, this is a terrible strategy.  Emotions are predictable is that is precisely why more experienced traders are making money off of you.

To be successful in the trading game, you need to be an ice cold bastard.  Few people have what it takes emotionally and the ones who don't should stay away from it.
Activity: 481
Merit: 268
May 09, 2014, 10:45:27 PM
The problem with permabulls is that they care not for facts, charts or prices. It's all about faith and hope.
At Huobi, that is calling the shots, we have a double bottom at 2555/2558 and already an imperfect double top at 2870/2860. This top seems to be the short-term target. If this top is clearly breached, everything is possible. And I'll be ready to change my position from a bearish one to a bulish one. On the contrary, if the 2555 are breached, run for you money bulls.
Therefore, it's all about facts. I'll change my position accordingly.
legendary
Activity: 1260
World Class Cryptonaire
May 09, 2014, 06:17:01 PM

Selling now will end up with you having a sob story here about how you bought high, sold low and didn't have a chance to rebuy before another bitcoin rally: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/worst-bitcoin-decision-youve-ever-made-163258
Activity: 378
Merit: 255
May 09, 2014, 04:37:27 PM
They buy, with sacred faith, screaming like a kamikaze "to da moon", the ones you want to sell, no matter the price.
Then, since they are very strong people, with very powerful hands, they hold them, even against all trends. They hold and hold, even losing 80%.
They are always the last bulls standing. So, when they finally give up, losing 90% or something, they easily sell their bitcoins to you on the bottom. You see why it has to be the bottom? When even the perma bulls give up, almost everyone is a bear and, therefore, almost all the people that were willing to sell, already sold. Since there are few sellers, the price has to go up...
How nice are perma bulls, they help us on the top and at the bottom Smiley

Still hodling.
Activity: 378
Merit: 255
May 09, 2014, 04:36:50 PM
Any chart says we are on a bear market.
Great to see the perma bulls bashing the girl for her "weak hands". See how much are losing the people that bought litecoin, novacoin and all the other old alt coins at top and are holding. Keep holding, saying to yourself "I won't lose anything until I sell them".

Note you said altcoins rather than bitcoin.

I have never bought an altcoin and the only one I wouldn't think would go to zero is litecoin.
Activity: 528
Merit: 527
May 09, 2014, 03:31:09 PM
This spot reserved for 2016
May 08, 2014, 09:27:10 AM

No, I don't care for immediate price movements, but your call to short at 430 is nothing short of ridiculous. For an extremely slim chance of $100 profit, you would risk what, where are your stops? at $800?

It wasn't a 'call'. It was 'even a short at $430 will prove a good trade'. oh and btw, if you are trading with leverage (or indeed not), catching a $50 swing is a sweet trade. Certainly not something you would want to be on the wrong side off.

With that said, if Bitcoin gets up to $470, that would set alarm bells ringing in my head that the market wasn't going to do what I thought it would do. That doesn't mean that $470 would be a stop, but I would certainly be looking closely at the market at this point.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 08, 2014, 02:48:36 AM
Just hold! Bitcoin has gone through these bubble cycles at least five times now. With the current level of awareness and holders compared to 2011 in mind, we must be at the bottom of the current cycle or near to it.

God damn... you'd think people would learn by now.

I've been thinking this same thing look at the trends on all the charts you can see plain as day we are at/nearing the end of another correction cycle JUST LIKE THE "REAL" STOCK MARKET! But what if the price continues to go lower? Awesome I'll buy more and hold and if I end up with nothing then screw it it was a fun ride but I'll tell you what even if bitcoin hit 0 today it would not affect my livelihood at all. As for all the Alt coin doomsayers really I spent the past few months constantly balls deep in the alt coin market and guess what? Not a single one of those coins has had even the slightest hint of staying power MAYBE lite coin and doge (just through sheer inertia) all other alt coins are shit scams that last all of a week then drop to 0 volume and 1 sat before being dropped by all exchanges I won't even try to hazard a guess at how high btc will go and when but with the continued adoption (no matter how fast) there's only one direction it can go which is, eventually, up so just chill hang out relax forget you own btc and check the charts AT LEAST once a day 
Pages:
Jump to: