Author

Topic: I have 12 Bitcoin. What should I do??? - page 104. (Read 18634 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 102
December 05, 2017, 06:49:45 PM
I wonder if it'll be possible to sell Bitcoin options. Then you'd be able to hedge your Bitcoin value against drops.
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
December 05, 2017, 06:44:05 PM
you have a lot of money. preferably if you want to get big profit try to buy altcoin on ico it is very good because coin price is very cheap. so in the future the price of the coin will go up and you will get the most profit from buying the altcoin. but you have to buy a good coin and have a good future too
Activity: 132
Merit: 11
December 05, 2017, 06:19:49 PM
Hey,

If you're tempted to continue trading (and by all accounts you've done well so far, so why not?) then diversify. Keep a stash of BTC that you'll never touch, keep some ETH and maybe some of the other stable coins (NEO, OMG, LTC), and then trade with the remainder; it's what you do best.

Never a good idea to have your eggs in one basket...unless that basket is BTC I supposed!

Good luck out there, I'm sure you'll kill it!

-Knightly
Activity: 503
December 05, 2017, 06:09:02 PM
I have 12 Bitcoins. I am not a whale. I started about 6 months ago with 0.01 Bitcoins and $1000. I turned it into 12 Bitcoins so far and am pretty proud to say the least.

My question is, what do I do now?

As far as I can see, I have 4 options;

1) Hold the Bitcoin

2) Invest in altcoins and leave a little in Bitcoin

3) Fund a project and start my own cryptocurrency that solves a problem that current currencies face (scalability, Tx fees etc.). With the funds, I would be able to assemble a team, start a marketing campaign, get listed on exchanges etc. I am also a programmer which helps.

4) Convert it to fiat (probably the dumbest idea)

Edit: I should also add, I dropped out of school and have all the time in the world so can fully commit to any idea. I will earn my living of cryptocurrencies.

A few people have asked how I made my money so, if you are interested, here is a short summary:

Initially, I put it all into Bitcoin during the massive FUD of the fork around June when Bitcoin dipped to $1,900. Then I put half my money into NEO before all of the hype at around $12 and cashed out at $40. Then I invested in a couple ICO's and turned a pretty good profit of off the hype. After that, I got back in on NEO as soon as China announced the regulations regarding ICO's and rode the wave back from around $20 to $40 (I can't quite remember). Then, I rode the hype of Ethereum Dark, eBitcoin and a few other airdrop scams. Finally, I got in on Wincoin before it got to coinmarketcap and turned a 20x profit.

I think that the best option from those four is hodl bitcoin! And a few months later when your bitcoin will worth $500 000 you could start your new coin
Activity: 48
Merit: 10
December 05, 2017, 09:31:44 AM
I have 12 Bitcoins. I am not a whale. I started about 6 months ago with 0.01 Bitcoins and $1000. I turned it into 12 Bitcoins so far and am pretty proud to say the least.

1) Hold the Bitcoin

3) Fund a project and start my own cryptocurrency that solves a problem that current currencies face (scalability, Tx fees etc.). With the funds, I would be able to assemble a team, start a marketing campaign, get listed on exchanges etc. I am also a programmer which helps.

Edit: I should also add, I dropped out of school and have all the time in the world so can fully commit to any idea. I will earn my living of cryptocurrencies.

A few people have asked how I made my money so, if you are interested, here is a short summary:

Initially, I put it all into Bitcoin during the massive FUD of the fork around June when Bitcoin dipped to $1,900. Then I put half my money into NEO before all of the hype at around $12 and cashed out at $40. Then I invested in a couple ICO's and turned a pretty good profit of off the hype. After that, I got back in on NEO as soon as China announced the regulations regarding ICO's and rode the wave back from around $20 to $40 (I can't quite remember). Then, I rode the hype of Ethereum Dark, eBitcoin and a few other airdrop scams. Finally, I got in on Wincoin before it got to coinmarketcap and turned a 20x profit.

you have time so hold half (6 bitcoins) and invest 6 bitcoins

4 trading and 2 for altcoins (1 ETH and 1 for others).

trading is buy/sell in short range and will increasing your income 
Activity: 280
December 05, 2017, 08:47:24 AM
maybe you can keep it for long-term investments, or participate in ICO, otherwise you can trading to increase your bitcoin. or if you are kind you can donate it to me  Grin.
12 bitcoin is already huge amount so saving it for long term would be nice decision. Prediction of bitcoin price would be higher or it will continue to increase. Always diversify your invesment bitcoin, altcoins, or yes I agree choose worth to invest in ico's.

It's a good choice if you invest in Altcoins too, move your coins around by trading with other Altcoins. Whatever the case your BTC will increase so your in a win win situation as it stands.

You could also look at new ICOs too, check out trade.io here https://trade.io/ which is a strong project.
For more information on this ICO check here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2367245.940
It will not disappoint.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 251
December 05, 2017, 07:33:49 AM
maybe you can keep it for long-term investments, or participate in ICO, otherwise you can trading to increase your bitcoin. or if you are kind you can donate it to me  Grin.
12 bitcoin is already huge amount so saving it for long term would be nice decision. Prediction of bitcoin price would be higher or it will continue to increase. Always diversify your invesment bitcoin, altcoins, or yes I agree choose worth to invest in ico's.
Activity: 826
Merit: 104
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
December 05, 2017, 07:30:21 AM
Activity: 350
Merit: 101
December 05, 2017, 07:15:56 AM

1) Hold the Bitcoin

First of all my congratulations! You're a real crypto-expert!  Wink
My IMO is
1. Hold 50-70% in BTC
2. Invest 20-30% in altcoins
3. If you have really unic idea, so go on and  start your own cryptocoin but no guarantee it will make you rich.  Wink
4. Not now I think maybe 0.1 BTC to buy some presents for your parents/brothers/sisters...  Cheesy

Anyway good luck to all your beginnings!  Smiley
Activity: 97
Merit: 0
December 05, 2017, 06:10:50 AM
I think the best decision would be to keep it for a long time Smiley just watch it Smiley
Activity: 93
Merit: 0
December 05, 2017, 05:17:21 AM
Well, first thats a lot of bitcoin. May I ask how did you manage to have that amount of bitcoin? Anyway, you can invest in an ICO of your choice, but of course theres always a risk, so you have to choose your ICO wisely. You can also try, trading, but you have to be knowledgable about it to profit. I think the safest is just hold it for a little longer because as of this moment, the value of bitcoin is increasing, so you have to take advantage of it. Or the best decision is to diversify. Invest, trade, and hold it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
December 05, 2017, 05:07:49 AM
If I were you, I would keep half of it and spend half of it on altcoins. It is essential that you should spread it on different wallets, especially if you have an offline paper wallet or hardware wallet like Trezor and Nano.
Very good opinion. I support you. Do not keep your currency on the exchanges, it's important! In a couple of years you will wake up even richer. Good luck!
Yes, I also I agree to invest half of the coins in Altcoins. Who knows what will happen in a years time.
Activity: 910
Merit: 12
December 05, 2017, 05:07:26 AM
If you have spare time, I think you should keep 10 bitcoin in your account. Sell 2. and do buy-sell with them. Altcoins can earn good money if you follow the market. but most of them are already increasing in line with BTC. so that the biggest gain will already be from BTC.
Activity: 117
December 05, 2017, 04:58:31 AM
If I were you, I would keep half of it and spend half of it on altcoins. It is essential that you should spread it on different wallets, especially if you have an offline paper wallet or hardware wallet like Trezor and Nano.
Very good opinion. I support you. Do not keep your currency on the exchanges, it's important! In a couple of years you will wake up even richer. Good luck!
Activity: 299
December 05, 2017, 04:40:17 AM
If you bought bitcoin has long been something I'd kept them to the last, the spacecraft until at least 20K $ and maybe up to 100,000
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
December 05, 2017, 04:38:51 AM

It's great that you have 12 Bitcoin in your hands. Great decision you have to invest it years ago. God bless!
Activity: 784
Merit: 510
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
December 05, 2017, 04:32:14 AM

1) Hold the Bitcoin

I would go with options 1 and 2 in this case. You see all these predictions stated from Billionaire investors, they predict BTC will reach $20K, and in your case it will be profitable since you have 12 BTC.
You could take a small amount of that BTC and invest in Altcoins so you always have a small income from other coins and not just Bitcoin.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
December 05, 2017, 04:30:50 AM
I think Hold the Bitcoin bro you earn more

yes, if he continues to hold coins, he will soon become a very rich man. It is very good that some people have the wisdom not to sell all the coins, but to think about the future
Activity: 196
December 05, 2017, 04:28:15 AM
Invest in 30-50% Altcoins and perhaps Cash out a few BTC!  Wink
Activity: 1064
Merit: 350
December 05, 2017, 04:26:45 AM
I think Hold the Bitcoin bro you earn more
Jump to: