Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 70. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Wow man , why did you buy alts at that time ? I'm sure you gathered value in dollars but you lost bitcoins. What you can do now ? Cut the loss man and try to find a good alt to put your money , like BCH or BTC Diamond , Doge , something like this.
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

Hope you HODLed, as you can see those coins performing pretty well and hope you made x10 in return
Activity: 207
Merit: 10
The future is your Genome
You need a better portfolio management,i suggest go for 60% btc and 40% alts for you to be safe in bleeding market.
copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 420
We are Bitcoin!
One basic rule....

Bitcoin price going up means alt goes down (It does not matter how much the $ price of that coin increase)

I have a familiar situation like this with XRP.

I bought it when the $ price was 0.23$ spending my dollar little know I had idea that the btc price is over 14K Sat

I was thinking when the price will go 1$ then I will sale. The price in deed went over $1 but btc rate was around 8k Sat

So where is my gain and lose...?

Depends on how I take it... If I am more into $ value then yes! I made huge profit but If I am into btc value then I lost around half of my asset.

As the days went I realised I need to have more an more BTC. So my value is in BTC now.

Hence this is what I am doing.... I sold my xrp at 6338 Sat and placed a buy order at 3k something sat. Btc is ultimately going up. So If the xrp goes down to my desire price then I will sell them again around a reasonable higher price.

This way I may be able to recover my lost btc i lost in the first place with xrp.

This is what I am going to do. I hope it will help you to have a thought.
Activity: 161
As you can see all your coins are gaining its value again. Maybe next time don't buy an altcoin that is already pumped up not unless you are planning to hold it for a very long period of time.
Activity: 850
Merit: 504
Fluctuations in the market is normal. Unfortunately, selling in panic loses most people.
Stay calm and wait. It will definitely recover.

This is I fully agree. Just wait until the market recovers. Always do not mix with emotions when trading as possible. I,ve panic several times already and resulted to losses, I've learned my lessons too. Smiley
Activity: 154
I know it can be difficult but consider it a lesson (whether it be on better strategies, implementing stop losses, or just having patience), but I would hold at this point. They could go down even further but selling at an 80 percent loss would be something that I would avoid. I never really looked deep into sia or dgb during the hype because they were already pumping and my initial glance over them didn't reveal anything impressive. Saying that, that was months ago and they could have updated roadmaps or better teams/communities. Stratis on the other hand is a very sound project and I definitely expect it to go up. It's extremely undervalued at it's current price. During the next alt rally, it will be one to hold IMO.
Activity: 350
Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico
The coins your in are not that bad. Those coins have a very good team behind, all you need is sell them when price is up and buy again at deep.
Activity: 210
WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling
This always be a room for improvements,every mistakes will make you a good lessons try harder and dont make the same mistakes.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
In this case HODL is the best strategy, I'd suggest you to hold your alts until this spring and then your patience might be rewarded.
Activity: 168
You have a difficult situation. But at the moment I would not recommend you to sell anything. Now you'd better buy these altas to average the price.
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain
If you trust your coins, you can still hold them. Because your portfolio has both good coins, so i think you can hold and wait them recover.
Activity: 135
Decentralized Transportation Solution
Fluctuations in the market is normal. Unfortunately, selling in panic loses most people.
Stay calm and wait. It will definitely recover.
Activity: 481
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!
If you lose 80% of your money in trading altcoins, I think you must research more to what altcoins that are really profitable. Maybe the reason why you lose your money is because the altcoins that you are trading is shitcoin.
Activity: 140
I would suggest you to hold your coins because this coins have potential of reaching back of their price.  wait for the launch of their projects and it will take long time but wait i had same situation happened
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
I think you just needed to take some rest and forget your trading activity for a while, release those stress which giving you a hard time,
spend more time with your family or have a day off and go out have some fun, though it's hard doing that because we are talking about
money but sometimes we also needed to relax so we can think much wiser.
Activity: 364
maybe your strategy is not quite right you should spend all alt-coin and buy bitcoin
Activity: 737
Merit: 500
I think wait i the good thing to do, price of alt will go up in the following month i think.
In the time you had wrote this post, the price of altcoin have recovered.
Especially in this week, just more than 4 days, a lot of altcoin have increased 100-300% in the value.
It is really unbelieveable Cool
Activity: 840
Merit: 128
It is common that the prices go down and I think that is a good opportunity to buy some more.
When the coins are going to move up you are going to gain more.
As it was mentioned here before, trading needs strong nerves, and day trading is not for anyone (not for me).
The best is to hold and have patience.
Prices will eventually move up.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I think wait i the good thing to do, price of alt will go up in the following month i think.
Pages:
Jump to: