Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 69. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 208
Merit: 100
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

You don't have any solution except holding. They are good altcoins with great potential and you can recover your loss soon.
Activity: 118
This situation is for many who have invested everything in altcoins in spring-summer. Now we can only wait for growth
Activity: 308
Now I got two times of profit after 2 months of patience some I sold while I got panic now I really learned a lesson in crypto world we need patience it really pays off .
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
HODL what you got, make some profit and the reinvest in coins that are less volatile.
Activity: 181
Merit: 10
Alts will still rise after thebear market,so you can opt to hold it or sell lower than your buying price,you know what will happen if you do that.
Activity: 154
AMON - Crypto Debit Card for Everyday Purchases
Considering that you have already held these altcoyins for quite some time, my advice to you is to keep them altogether. In spring, these coins can grow very much and thus you can return your investments.
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
It is natural in trading. Some will lose and some will gain. Being calm and poised is what other traders do. You will not always win in trading. Sometimes you need to experience loss in order to be successful. What you can do now is study more potential coins to trade.

I can add that also most of people are loosing because they can't stand waiting, they're hurrying in selling so doing silly mistakes. If you want to be into trading you have to be coldblooded and have an iron butt observing the market 24/7  Grin

Yeah correct. Better to have an iron butt. LOL Patience is needed and being able to be cool even if others are panicking. Some of the tricks in trading can't be learned overnight it takes practice.
Activity: 406
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

I, like many here, just waiting for the end of this period and may have acquired several promising viola, who is now at the bottom! Yes, if you play for a long time, then you have nothing to fear, everything is cyclical in this world after the fall will increase! When trading a short sale is not more than -15%!
Activity: 448
Hey there

Of course, keep it! They are already returning their positions from the summer fall to the bottom, by spring everyone should return to those places where there was or still update the maximum value!
Activity: 378
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
Hey there

already you lose, I suggest you to hold it. maybe that the price will rise in the near future
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
It is natural in trading. Some will lose and some will gain. Being calm and poised is what other traders do. You will not always win in trading. Sometimes you need to experience loss in order to be successful. What you can do now is study more potential coins to trade.

I can add that also most of people are loosing because they can't stand waiting, they're hurrying in selling so doing silly mistakes. If you want to be into trading you have to be coldblooded and have an iron butt observing the market 24/7  Grin
Activity: 3
Well, did you hold? Look at them now.
Activity: 76
What I wanted to say is: you always depend on the BTC/USD (or ETH/USD) price.
I don't get people who are happy when e.g. XRP/BTC goes up, but BTC/USD goes down. I often read you alwys trade in relation to BTC and not to USD, how does that make sense (unless you always expect BTC/USD to rise in the long-term).
Activity: 70
Bitcoin price going up means alt goes down (It does not matter how much the $ price of that coin increase)

I am new to cryptocurrencies and this is something that confuses me.

Ultimately I want to trade my coins into Fiats to make profit (hopefully). So if I have some XRP and want to make profit, I need to look at both XRP/BTC and BTC/USD to see whether I got or lost money. But you can't make general statements like the one above, right? With BTC going down lately, it's hard to make any profit at all (unless you expect it to go high again, but then also the XRP/BTC price would go down)
Concluding from that, it would make sense to trade from XRP into BTC when BTC is low and to wait for BTC to go up again?

Its trading man, you can only gain if someone else loses. Choose some safe projects and hodl 3-5 years if you dont have the skills for high risk projects...
Bitcoin price going up means alt goes down (It does not matter how much the $ price of that coin increase)

I am new to cryptocurrencies and this is something that confuses me.

Ultimately I want to trade my coins into Fiats to make profit (hopefully). So if I have some XRP and want to make profit, I need to look at both XRP/BTC and BTC/USD to see whether I got or lost money. But you can't make general statements like the one above, right? With BTC going down lately, it's hard to make any profit at all (unless you expect it to go high again, but then also the XRP/BTC price would go down)
Concluding from that, it would make sense to trade from XRP into BTC when BTC is low and to wait for BTC to go up again?
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io
If you bought Siacoin and Digibyte, now your investments are justified. I congratulate you, it was a good choice. To invest in crypto currency you need to have patience. This is the basics.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Hey there

That was a huge loss for your side my friend by i advice you to stay calm and do not panic and do not give up because after a week when the prices are back in track again i am sure thatbyou can win that lose back again and make sure that you will do the right thing because that opportunity will not always be in there. Just have a lot of patience and just hold it for a while and do not stick in only one source of income makes sure that you akways have a back up plan in case you gaik at the first one.
Activity: 126
long term it should be fine, btc is already going down (although slightly) and looks like many many alts are going up.
Activity: 172
Fluctuations in the market is normal. Unfortunately, selling in panic loses most people.
Stay calm and wait. It will definitely recover.

This is I fully agree. Just wait until the market recovers. Always do not mix with emotions when trading as possible. I,ve panic several times already and resulted to losses, I've learned my lessons too. Smiley

There are lots of factors mixing our mind in markets.

That's why we can't act right during market crashes and we make mistakes. If you lost something, try to work more and more to get it back.
Pages:
Jump to: