Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 66. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1
Missing the boat again
It's always a boom and bust cycle, buy the dips obv but don't sell when it's dipping unless you really need the money, chances are it'll rise back up and break the old mark.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Well, investing in coins is too slow for my taste. It can take weeks before they take off and you see a profit.
If you want to multiply your investment, Pump&Dump yields a much faster profit.

These are the best Pump&Dump groups I've found in Discord:

Pump My Ride:
https://discord.gg/KWTehca
Community with Strategic Info and Tips for Interesting Coins - More Than 10 Pumps a Week

The Alt Pump:
https://discord.gg/TdsJzs2
Chats in Multiple Languages - 2/3 Pumps a Week

Pump to the Moon:
https://discord.gg/r37Xrhg
Informative Community with Strong Signals - Pumps Every Other Day

They pump up the price of coins you invest into, with very nice profits.

All groups set targets for their pumps and as they also advise, NEVER buy above the target and don’t be GREEDY. If done correctly you can make great profits, I personally make an average of +50% every pump.

You should be warning people more, a lot of these groups prebuy a huge stack before announcement of the pump and the followers end up buying those making the organiser and his buddies rich....
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
Last year was a good time for bitcoin and people has diversified their investment into alts and hence majority of the people could not make use of the rally it had,hopefully we will see the alt coin market having a good rally and we will see that our investments will be on a positive note,as i have invested heavily in some coins and i am still waiting for a move as i am in a heavy loss at the moment.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!
thats a huge loss sad to hear that,but now that you have lost 80% of your funds then better to hold still,if theres a right time to sell it you should have done that when the loss was just 20% now theres no choice but to hold that alts and wait for pump that for sure will happen,but the only question is when.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

bitcoin wont be able to maintain its value, it has no social purpose and wastes a lot of ressources, there is likely that movements of poor people that cant pay their electricity bills will one day attack and smash cryptomining facility if the energy consumption gets out of hand, and the time is changing at the beginning of the whole blockchain technology movement, no one was able to create a coin, except the bitcoin community that privileggedly mined it in mases,

today corporation teams and groups are able to create their own coins, and give that coin a purpose or even economic corporate obligations, so over time new people that meet or get into contact with bitcoin simply dont have an interest to promote it anymore. and things change drastically.

additionally what you miss is that currencies are also promises, people trust in, especially in terms of leadership investment and value security.

so dont worry about altcoins instead of Bitcoins and absolute dollar value, these indicators wont be important for long

regards
Activity: 235
Merit: 101
a sharp sword
I always hold at least 50% of my money in bitcoin to avoid situations like this, because despite everything it is still the most reliable coin out there. I think 50% should be the baseline. If you love taking risks, you can go below that percentage; but I would advise against it.
Why do you have so much money in cryptocurrency? Don't you fee l that the price of all the coins could tank one day?
Activity: 994
Merit: 503
What did you do? As your post was 4 months ago. Did you sell it or hold it?

Now the market is recovering from another situation like you describe... and I've experienced the same thing... I just hold, nothing else.

He seems active but I checked and he has not really posted much since December, talking about other coins. It is a coincidence that I also bought Sia and Digibyte around the same time (but not his third pick). I am surprised to learn he lost 80 % though, at my very worst I was down to 65 almost 70% true, but the last few weeks have made profit so I sold exactly all the coins I needed to regain invested Bitcoin and still have some small holdings of SIA and DGB.

So it was a phew moment for me, but man, it is not easy.
The highest price of DGB is higher than 2000 satoshi and SC is near 700 satoshi.
I also have invested both coins in June 2017, DGB at 1300 satoshi and SC at 660 satoshi, to be honest, after that big loss, I still hold both coin without profit, because these coins still do not increase higher than my buy price.
Activity: 31
Sorry for your lost. If you lose 80% of the account value the most reasonable thing to do is to reorganize your trading strategy. Up to this moment accept that you have failed yourself and vow to return by studying first the Trading strategy. Know the technical and fundamental analysis. This will be your guide for winning the crypts.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation

Now the market is recovering from another situation like you describe... and I've experienced the same thing... I just hold, nothing else.

He seems active but I checked and he has not really posted much since December, talking about other coins. It is a coincidence that I also bought Sia and Digibyte around the same time (but not his third pick). I am surprised to learn he lost 80 % though, at my very worst I was down to 65 almost 70% true, but the last few weeks have made profit so I sold exactly all the coins I needed to regain invested Bitcoin and still have some small holdings of SIA and DGB.

So it was a phew moment for me, but man, it is not easy.
Activity: 182
Merit: 13

Activity: 344
Hey there

HOLD. If you believe that the coin will increase in price again. Do not despair bro. It's not just you who have lost your spirit because your coins fall. I've also experienced the same thing with you.
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
The best way to do is HODL what you have, unless you are willing to take losses. The market will eventually recover so no need to panic. Uninstall your blockfolio or whatever app your using and go out and enjoy life. Smiley
Activity: 38
Im also trap with my hodling though Im not into long term hodling by short-term trading instead, It been a week I am trap in my last alts purchases due to massive dumping happening both in bitcoin and alts but my decision is to keep hodling until I recovered my losses because it would be easier to do recovery that way than cut-loss and make way. Well this is just my method when it comes to managing my portfolio not really saying it's the best thing to do.
Activity: 448
Hey there

You should have thought about your exist strategy and understood the project before you even invested but i suggest you hold as the coins will rise
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
Almost of coins now have been in a dip mate, dont be worry so much. It will be back to normal soon. If you bought that coin and its a legit. The time will come it will be pump in the future, patience mate
Activity: 378
“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”
Hey there

Hey, the market has already grown very much. Many altcoins have reached the peaks of their prices. how is your portfolio now? Six months ago I was also in the loss, but now everything is fine.
Activity: 112
Merit: 16
I always hold at least 50% of my money in bitcoin to avoid situations like this, because despite everything it is still the most reliable coin out there. I think 50% should be the baseline. If you love taking risks, you can go below that percentage; but I would advise against it.
Activity: 109
I feel really bad for you. Best thing to do now is, hold the rest that you have, atleast until you recover what you initially invested with. Bitcoin has a bright future.
Activity: 574
Merit: 15
I have a similar situation, but I always say while I did not sell anything, I did not lose anything. Personally, I'll just keep the tokens until I return my money.
Activity: 336
Merit: 13
★ Italian Translator ★
Feels bad but do not sell at any cost, they are gonna go up again eventually
Pages:
Jump to: