Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 65. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10
It's your choice if you hold your altcoins that you have or you sell that. But if you think thats not good coin you can sell that or you can replace it to other altcoin. But be careful of what decision you made because you lose 80% of your profit and maybe you will you lose all your money once you choose the wrong altcoin. Need patient here so you can wait the price to increase again ..
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

hold it first, wait until the price is normal again. Let's just say you're saving for the future. if you sell when the price goes down, you will only get a loss. patient and hold.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
The most important thing is not to lose self-control and not start to lose at a loss to yourself ... this is from you and those who are waiting for waves on the market. Hold on and do not sell anything!
Yes this dump is common in trading. But this time we see a long time dump, so investors are getting panic. People thought Jan 1st or 2nd week all coins are would rise but our expectations went wrong. Maybe it will take 1 or 2 months to recover so please don't lose your patience hold your coins.
Activity: 672
Merit: 22
The most important thing is not to lose self-control and not start to lose at a loss to yourself ... this is from you and those who are waiting for waves on the market. Hold on and do not sell anything!
Activity: 213
Merit: 103
The only thing I'd do if I were on your shoe is probably to hold since alts is dipping now. If you still have money, you might want to research for another altcoin to invest and see if you could profit from there and recoup your loss from another altcoin.
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
I would HODL for these reasons:
-too big losses, not time to sell for you now
-the coins you invested in have a good market cap that means that many people is holding them
-I don't know the total invested but if you sell now maybe you'll never reach the initial amount invested

remember that bitcoin is boss, 25% always on hodl

learn more about crypto, there's a lot of info online, listen to veterans, hold for the long therm ride and keep calm
Activity: 111
Merit: 0
already you lose, I suggest you to hold it. maybe that the price will rise in the near future
Activity: 191
Merit: 21
Decentralized Security - DIW
I think hold for a long period. Im sure the prices will rise soon and you can get it back.
Activity: 126
I have the same strategy which is too do a wee bit of holding on to whatever coins I have given the current market behavior.  It's about the only thing that is working for me as of late and it's about the only strategy which is helping me get through the night with less worry about what's going to happen with the coins I have left.  I still do the occasional trading but at this point, it is very much calculated as I am fearful of losing a lot again.  I have become less of a risk taker for the past weeks and it's slow but it's working for me.  I just hope, same as the rest of you, that the value for all coins in the market pick up again.  It's agitating thinking about it all the time but hey, this is a given feeling to experience when you enter crypto trading.  It's well worth it in the end, most would say, and I hope that is true.
Activity: 336
Merit: 7
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

difficult situation, but if you lost already such big amount than i think it is better to wait.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
You've invested into things that are the most volatile and known for pump and dumps in crypto. Don't expect much from them.
Activity: 78
Merit: 0
We all are in similar position. Just hopeful things will change.
Activity: 588
Merit: 107
Hey there

It's only a paper loss or crypto digital loss. Don't make it a realized lost for crying out loud, that's what those with weak hands do.
They buy high, then panic and sell low.

Crypto trading is a game of patience.
I have coins that I held for like 4+ months and just waited for their time to go up, it did and provided me 10x gain.

Activity: 130
ICO Live! betterbetting.org
I do not think and suggest that selling for now is a better idea.Just watch at the prices of your altcoins then if you wanted and decided to sell them in order for you to get back your initial investment then its up to you.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
I saw the portfolio and lost almost 50%! What should I do? "just hold" I'm sure this dark period will not last long, march-april they will return to normal and all issues can be resolved
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Altcoin increased and recovered in the last month. I hope you had recovered your losses if you stayed in the altcoins. Almost every altcoin is increased in this period, if you sold at top and took profit you should be fine. I am wondering if you share the final portfolio status with us.
From now on it is your risk to hold those altcoins or sell and hold bitcoin or fiat. This should be a good lesson for you, next time you may not be this lucky
Activity: 196
Transforming the Global Shipping Industry
Just remember this lesson for whole life, exactly about diversification. Never try to make money on 1 thing, because, as you can make it, you can loose it.
Activity: 574
Hey there

Minimize your loss further by holding, if you sell your remaining coins then it you would end your investments with you just cutting your loss and with negative profit. Even though you lost 80% from your bitcoin investment it has a better chance of making profit by holding until it was able to reach a value that hopefully reach a number of  bitcoins more than what you have lost.
Activity: 392
Merit: 103
Hey there

Will i suggest that you must hold it till your profit in investment value will rich the coin or above.Me i sell my coin if its triple my investment for secured profit and insured.for me triple profit is not a good but for me its okay as long my profit grow.
Activity: 182
That situation is sounds like crazy if you do your risk by losing about 80% of your Bitcoin you can sell it on that percentage value,but if i were you i will HOLD it keep tight don't such in a hurry it will go rise again in a few days.
Pages:
Jump to: