Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 82. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Decentralized Jet-Stream Encrypted Multi-Media Dev
After all the holds still Altcoins value nailed at th3ir average price since the launch. But if you guys sell it when they hit the crypto exchange then invest them to Bitcoin, you'll gain more profit than doing trades between Altcoin to another.
I tried once, and now I'll do more...
Activity: 210
Decentralized Jet-Stream Encrypted Multi-Media Dev
hold em

Hold 'em until when? After a year?
My colleague sell all his tokens and invest Bitcoin when it is already $4k last September and now He has better profits than mine.
He just hold it up until Bitcoin will reach $10k to $15k
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

Depends.  What alcoins were they?  A lot of people sold altcoins in hoping for additional bitcoin gold coins when the fork happens.  If they are reputable altcoins, hold them and they should go back up.

You do realize he actually mentioned the altcoins in his original post? "I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins"

Can you please read the thread before posting your garbage again? Thank you!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

To the OP:

I recommend doing what your "heart" (emotional part of the brain) tells you to do!
I always do that and I have never lost in trading! (I haven't made tons of profit either, but that's another story Tongue)

Regards,
Trump
As in the above quote it's good to do upon your own minds thinking. Research about the market and then make a buying of particular altcoins. But losing 80% of bitcoin buying altcoins never happens with any of the user, until the user himself makes an mistake in predicting the market.
Activity: 278
Merit: 104
Just hodl it. Wait for the perfect time. Since you bought a longterm coins, you should wait for them to recover. Thats the trading life. So if you dont want to lose more just keep it.
Activity: 476
Smart people (I do not belong to such people) always say to diversify their risks. At the same time, the most part should be kept in bitcoins. And also, if you keep on exchanges, do not forget about stop-loss. Well, now we need to wait until the cue-ball goes down. Then sell. I'm so on a monaco flying)))
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
ETHEREUM BULLISH
We are all in the same position, but many people prefer to sell at lost and buy new coins, so it is still falling more and more... i have lost 50% already, and anytime it goes up 20% i know i should sell and buy back when it goes to the lowest because alts do this : pump and dump all the time...
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
We have the same problem  Embarrassed . I will never do trading again, you just to wait and hold it for long time mate. Sad for you, but it's okay, you just wait and hold that. Good luck to you my friend.
Activity: 284
hold em
Activity: 532
Merit: 103
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
buy on dips if u believe on those coins in the first place and still look for promising ones.
Activity: 116
Merit: 36
What you can do is easy: chose a bunch of promising altcoins and wait till June 2018.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund
What you can do is to pray and hope that alts will pump back.So you can recover whats lost,i advice that you make a 60BTC40alts portfolio.

I would take this as my own portfolio rate also. Thanks
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

Depends.  What alcoins were they?  A lot of people sold altcoins in hoping for additional bitcoin gold coins when the fork happens.  If they are reputable altcoins, hold them and they should go back up.

You do realize he actually mentioned the altcoins in his original post? "I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins"

Can you please read the thread before posting your garbage again? Thank you!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

To the OP:

I recommend doing what your "heart" (emotional part of the brain) tells you to do!
I always do that and I have never lost in trading! (I haven't made tons of profit either, but that's another story Tongue)

Regards,
Trump
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
HEXCASH - Decentralized Fund
You can conclude that your Bitcoin's 80% was lost because you calculated it with current Bitcoin's value. Diverting your Bitcoin to Altcoin isn't a good idea because Bitcoin price is now very high and Altcoin yet still on the ground.
You should instead use your own pocket money for Altcoin investments but it's too late for that. I think you're going to wait what happens next maybe some Altcoins will pump up next month.
Activity: 258
Merit: 12
What you can do is to pray and hope that alts will pump back.So you can recover whats lost,i advice that you make a 60BTC40alts portfolio.
Activity: 308
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
You have already lost the most that you could have. Now just hold all the coins and look at the balance not before than first quarter of next year. I know this gets pretty depressing, but if you just hold you would make back all your losses.
Activity: 661
Merit: 509
you can drink cold water, the best thing you can do. Cheesy
you bought all hype coins, you deserved to lose your money.
Activity: 322
Hey there

You can`t lose until you sell !!! , If you lost %80 of your investment you must lock your private key or hardware device in a locker and open it 1 or 2 year after.

That is actually very good advice indeed. If I would have lost %80 of my investment, I would the same. If it goes lower, anyway you are in bad shape now. If it goes higher then you are safe again.
Activity: 269
Merit: 12
we're Radio, online!
I suggest you to hold your altcoins maybe in sometime it will go up the value of your coin but if you sell it, you would loose the money that you may earn in the next months when your coin goes up, many people here works with that strategy of trading.
Activity: 159
Hey there

HOLD, trust me, you don't need to panic sell, this is how people lost their money. Hold and in time will recover, and probably sooner than you think now.
Activity: 187
You are not the only one xp

Most crypto trader i believe which are here in Bitcointalk, does not trade on BTC only.

Personally, my portfolio has 0% BTC and all ALTS

I can say my Portfolio value just dropped almost 55%-60%, but BTC raised 10-20%, so its around 40%

Personally i am looking at long term, so i am holding Smiley

You need to be patient. I am an unprofitable, too. But I will not sell my altcoins. I believe in these projects. When games with X2 and Bitcoin and Cash run out, good times for the ALTS will begin.
Good to see this commend.I believe in some altcoin project too. I think someday altcoin will replace bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: