Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost 80% of my bitcoins in alts, What can I do now?! - page 83. (Read 21873 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

You need to wait then. The kind of loss you are incurring right now is very huge, I mean the first question that strike to mind is what you were doing when they were falling for 80% loss! Thats crazy man.

The reason I’m telling you to wait is because theses are little bit potential coins and they can come back real soon no matter what. As you are already in loos that too 80%, you should wait because that would be more profitable than selling this movement. I would do the same if I’m incurring this much loss but I would not sell it at this point and that would be stupid to do. -20% is better than -80% and thats the logic behind it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 260
First of all. Before you enter it should plan if you go to long term or short term investment. When I See You Now Now You Do not Know What You Do. Because you are losing it should not be sold until you wait for it to come again In to. dating price. But if you find that Altcoins have the potential to recover your losses, do not hesitate to sell it. Take control of emotions because it's one of those who breaks you down and can do something You do not think well
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
For me i will wait until the price value goes pump,if you sell that coin not its exactly price value it will make you more lost all your coins.
Activity: 226
Merit: 103
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

What can I do, HOLD or Sell or What!

It’s probably up to you. If you have nothing very important to spend it with, then you should probably hold onto them for now, then when the price is higher in the future, you could probably sell them at a good price.
Activity: 140
Merit: 101
Don't wanna promote something I'm involved in so obviously. But you can create portfolio on http://www.coinparator.com/ and simply check rates everyday. All altcoins are having random pumps and dumps. It will just jump up by 100% for a day and than fall down to original price.

You could just watch coins, that you are holding and wait for a pump. Once it jumps, just sell it (if you're not interested in holding it long term). And you're out.
Activity: 434
Of course Hold for years until the price increased if you don't want to lose. hold for long term.
I am wondering why you use all your bitcoins to buy altcoins
Activity: 635
Merit: 251
I think the best thing you can do now is hold the coin until the price covers your losses and then sells all your coins while the bitcoin is still soaring. or you can sell now and make some cash then buy again if the bitcoin price has fallen. but that's your decision.

And with a little bit of bad luck on your side, a few of your coins will go up again and you've potentially lost more money.
Activity: 504
Merit: 11
I think the best thing you can do now is hold the coin until the price covers your losses and then sells all your coins while the bitcoin is still soaring. or you can sell now and make some cash then buy again if the bitcoin price has fallen. but that's your decision.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Try to time the cycles better, but for now you must wait.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
see a lot of coins that you have bought if this has happened better you hold it sure for some time fore the capital you use can come back even though not all, or if you are already dare to take your risk selling now and invest in other projects that my advice.
Activity: 225
Merit: 103
You are not the only one xp

Most crypto trader i believe which are here in Bitcointalk, does not trade on BTC only.

Personally, my portfolio has 0% BTC and all ALTS

I can say my Portfolio value just dropped almost 55%-60%, but BTC raised 10-20%, so its around 40%

Personally i am looking at long term, so i am holding Smiley

You need to be patient. I am an unprofitable, too. But I will not sell my altcoins. I believe in these projects. When games with X2 and Bitcoin and Cash run out, good times for the ALTS will begin.
Activity: 392
Hey there

In june & July I bought Digibyte & Stratis & Siacoin with all my bitcoins, till now I lost almost 80%

You can`t lose until you sell !!! , If you lost %80 of your investment you must lock your private key or hardware device in a locker and open it 1 or 2 year after.
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
The money has gone 80% already, if I am, I will leave the remaining 20% to fate. It is always told here, don't buy coins with all of the money.  If there is a decline keep some cash to raise the average.
Activity: 196
Wait, eventually the prices of the Alts will go up!  It has already begun, the price of Bitcoin is dropping!
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
you can't do anything, just accept your loss. you bought most overpriced coins in the most hype season, you bought at the top. there's nothing you can do now. hold it if you want but there is a big possibility that they never see those price levels again.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I guess you can cut your loses and walk away. Its just like any general investment advice in this world. Or you can chose to cling on to it as long as u can and hope one of those holdings start seeing some gains.
Im sure you should research what your investing in to first before throwing your funds away.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 325
Hey there

beeing coin oriented is not smart you should be income source oriented,

but i rather not give good advise to idiots in this board, thats a war against windmills
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Hold till project launch and you should invest in idea that you are linked with if you feel the duped then better to save whatever you can and put in some reliable coin after 1-2 year you would be able to recover. Entering in market is ok the art lies in how and when you exit.
Activity: 67
Merit: 11
Hey there

wait!
you lost 80% .. You have now 20% .. You can not lose much more Wink
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
you should still hold it. This is a market volatility. Let buy altcoins with the triple times' quantity you are holding and wait until they recover in next week. You will get your money back.
if the market moves accordingly and yes OP can recover his loses but if the market turned to the other side it will bring more loses, we cant predict what tomorrow will bring inside our crypto investment its just always needed a patience and time to wait.
Pages:
Jump to: