Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do? - page 92. (Read 10099 times)

Activity: 579
Merit: 10
When I open my wallet I have the strong feeling that I was being robbed every day. I have to hold the coins until better times.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
You should HOLD now. The market will recover and when it does Alt's will lead the way
If you keep holding then you have the opportunity to make money on that investment. Bitcoin is one of the coins that you may want to keep holding.
Activity: 280
Merit: 0
You should HOLD now. The market will recover and when it does Alt's will lead the way
Activity: 227
To record a loss and not to be upset. Not to change anything any more. ICO became not profitable, the market is in decline. In trading too everything is bad, at the exchanges one bots everywhere. Now it is better not to enter the market!
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

I have been through that. What you need to do is hodl. If possible, you can average down on good coins, infrastructure coins like NEO, ETH, ZIL, ICX and so on.
There are active development so it is unlikely that the coins will be worthless.

The fortune rewards those who are patient!
Activity: 409
Never see at a loss and you can't loose. Easier said than done but dig in for the long term. Get involved in some cheap up and coming coins and take a risk on hitting it big. Why not look into

Latium (great token with real world applications)

CoinMetro (will be a massive exchange in the future)

Aion

Very cheap at the moment and all have potential.

Activity: 183
Merit: 12
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
Many people made the same mistake, I also bought bitcoing for $ 10,000 but do not worry about the sale. Hold the crypto, study how the market works and you will soon be earning good money. Only labor will make you crypto guru. Pay attantion for new ICO and good young projects
Activity: 117
Merit: 6
FREE VPS. Check Signature for link
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

Treat this as a correction for the market for many of the people like you invested and most of them pulled out.
Activity: 588
Merit: 106
Until you sold your coins, you still have not lost anything. You have to wait for a good price.
The 50% price cut is not so frightfully in the cryptocurrency market.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1656
you need to analyze your situation in a cold-hearted way. Now you are at a loss of 50 % sitting with equity value 5500 USD.

If market tanks another 50 % or so, which is unlikely but possible, you would lose another 2-3k USD. Is saving this 2-3k so important to you that you are seriously considering getting out now, and locking in a loss ?..

If you can bear the emotional distress of holding, you at least have a chance to make back your theoretical loss. If indeed your financial situation is so critical that a loss of a further 2-3k is unbearable to you, then you should have never invested 11k to begin with. In either case, I would strongly advise you to hold, even from a purely probabilistic perspective.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
I'm sorry for you, but don't forget: in trading a loss is a loss only if you sell at low price: in this case, there is nothing to do.
But if you hold, this fall of prices is probably a temporary one, so you'll recuperate enything.
Activity: 345
Merit: 16
If you continue to hold your coins, then you have not lost anything. You will lose them when you start selling them at the current low cost. But in general we are still in the same position. we all look that our coins are lower in price. There's nothing to be done, we need to wait for better times.

Well,
Not exactly - Your "realized" losses are one thing, loss of market value another. Understanding VaR yet another, important thing to understand.

Crypto winter is coming... Time to head south of the wall or you'll be walking with the white walkers too.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
If you continue to hold your coins, then you have not lost anything. You will lose them when you start selling them at the current low cost. But in general we are still in the same position. we all look that our coins are lower in price. There's nothing to be done, we need to wait for better times.
Bы пpaвы, лyчшe вceгo дeлaть в этoй cитyaции - дepжaть мoнeты, пoтoмy чтo вы пoтepяeтe дeньги, кaк тoлькo cмoжeтe иx пpoдaть. Heкoтopыe из мoиx мoнeт yпaли в цeнe в 10 paз, нo я вce eщe дepжy иx. Pынoк нe вceгдa бyдeт пaдaть, бeзycлoвнo, бyдeт pocт.  Smiley
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
Well, you're lucky, because others have lost a lot more!
Unfortunately, the period is what it is, and it's not the first time it happens.
We must resist without despair.
Trading is made of these moments, too.
Activity: 196
I lost more than 60% of my portfolio during this dip as it taught me a lesson to be more prudent next time and learn to lock in profits no matter what.

Losing money has a way of opening your inner brain to be more cautious next time.

For you, you need to hold your coins until they recover as they would for sure recover
Activity: 238
Well, I lost a lot as well. You shouldn't blame yourself and think for the future.
I think alts are at a really low price which means they cannot go down anymore (I don't mean 100%) if you lost more than 50% of any btc amount, I suggest not to sell your coins. There are little pumps among alts. Try to catch them.
Here is what I do:
I check the graphic of the alt which I lost around 50%
I point out the pump and dump levels on the previous days or weeks.
Then I set a price, for ex. my coin is 2k satoshies and it got pumped to 3k in a candle stick. So I check the chart again and set a sell price. For this example I would set 2600-2800, wait for a couple of days. If it is sold, I d buy back from the cheap price after pump
Activity: 532
When it rains you have a bad mood and you do not want to have fun. But when it is over, you will smile again. It's raining now. Just wait until it's over. This year, we will all be able to sell our coins with good profits.
Activity: 192
Merit: 24
dont panic sell that all , all you need to do is to keep calm and return because on any time the market will return to its natural state just be patient if you panic sell you might regret it later on
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
Do not panic. And of course, analyze what your mistake is and try to learn from this useful experience
Pages:
Jump to: