Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do? - page 95. (Read 10099 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 100
These things have already happened many times. I would suggest you to keep patience and wait for the prices to go up. No need to get anxious, wait for the market recovery and remember experience teaches more than anything else. Don't think of the mistakes you have already made. You can also win by putting more efforts.
Activity: 336
Now the main thing is to have patience, and no coins to sell at a loss.  All of us are now in the same situation and are waiting for the growth of altcoyins.  You have good coins in your portfolio, so sooner or later they will regain their positions.  Simply spring is not reached the crypto market yet.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
just hold or you lost all your money
wait until market is stable
Activity: 294
Merit: 12
The bull market will come back soon so just HODL

it might take 4 years
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Just HODL because if you sell what coins are you holding right now you will not gain anything because you will loss already if you do that and you can't return back it or you can't the decision you've made. But if you just HODL wait for it to recover possible that you could make a very big profit but we doesn't when will that happen that's only thing, just be patience because it is the key.
Activity: 196
Until today, I also lost a large amount of money, but anyway, unless you do not touch the cryptocurrencies later, otherwise I suggest you continue to hold, after all, have fallen so much, and now to sell there is no point in losing.
Maybe it just got back up, after you sold it.
Activity: 238
T H E G O L D E N I C O
Selling is the worst decision to make for it will not bring back what you have lost. Hold onto it and do not mind the market. Many have regrets of selling coins because they panicked. Do not be like them. Learn from others mistake. Be patient and soon you will be rewarded for it.
Activity: 364
Dont sell it now
This is the worst time of the year .It can only get better .It can go down little bit more but it will jump hard especially when some good news comes out which will happen very soon.We are very close to mass adoption
Activity: 812
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
It always happen when you invest always think that price will not stable forever it may down or up. I think you need to research first what altcoin is the best to invest that never fall down in half of your investment.  The best thing to do is hold it wait the market to be normal again.
Activity: 532
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
No matter the "lost" do not be worried, sure when the crypto space stabilize,  the prices of the altcoin you invest in is sure to go back to its original price and sure to  grow above it. Do not panic crypto space is sure to raise millionaire.
copper member
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
If you lost half of your amount in USD (I believe you meant that) then you should HODL. That's the only safe way Smiley
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
Nobody can predict the future, and a lot of people are in the same situation.
Personally, I believe the we only need some patience and in short time the market will rise up again.
But, how long will be this "short time", nobody knows...
Activity: 345
Merit: 16
What to do, what to do?

The cyrpto market is wildly inefficient at pricing. Right now, nobody knows where value comes from? What drives these coins' prices - pure speculation? What time horizon will it take to see fundamentals of this asset class raise?

Given that volatility is large, price swings are magnified.  The coins are easy to buy, but hard to make money. Many coins will vanish, but some will champion new heights.

What's in the future? If you have to ask, you're headed for a rough ride.

(That's just another way of saying - "you" should sell)
Activity: 481
Merit: 256
You are not alone in this race. There are a lot of new investors are there in the market who entered with strong bullish wave and are in deep loss now.
I suggest you not to sell any of your holding now, have some patience, the market is expected to return back in its own form soon.
Activity: 194
Grow with the flow.
First FOMO is a common mistake of the new folks in our community,second you made a common mistake,third you shouldnt blame yourself because most of the people here have done that,fourth you should know how to effectively pick good altcoins with these bunch of shitty coins out there,lastly do a lot of research before investing to any coin because investing blindly is worst than donating your money to charity because 95% of the coins in the market are shitcoins,spending a lot of time doing research could have saved you.

At least from charity you'll get some karma points  Grin

I also lost almost half of my initial investment. Give it time. I'm confident that the latter part of this year will make you forget the frustration youll experience right now and you'd wish you've invested earlier.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"
You are not the first one who this has happened to . First make sure you real life bills are paid and can be paid for , if not take some money out. With the money you have left you can do multiple things , keep it in crypto for example. Most people here lost similar amounts in their portfolio but they are just waiting it out, because they think the price will go back up , which makes sense. Or you take your money and put it in stocks , much safer and a lot less stress. Just always remember never put in more then you can afford/are comfortable to lose. Good luck.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"
It's very hard to see when your portfolio is decreasing every day. But until you start selling you still don't loose anything. Remember that after fall there always will be growth. So just be patient don't panic.
Activity: 254
Merit: 102
Leave the coins alone and just wait for them to grow in value. It's very likely to happen.
Activity: 596
You should not be upset about failures with cryptocurrency. This activity is very risky, and not always everything turns out as you want. I in its time, too, lost many money, not selling on time at face value, and continue to lose money and now. But I just got over it and I'm not nervous anymore.
Activity: 209
I lost half my crypto due to theft. I plan to hold on and I don't think it will be long before my other half makes up for the loss.
Pages:
Jump to: