Pages:
Author

Topic: I lost half of my crypto amount! what to do? - page 96. (Read 10099 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 10
I think your best decision would be to wait for the completion of this lingering and many catastrophic fix, the coins you've invested have the potential to grow, so just believe in a brighter future and never regret what you've done, you've gained experience and until you've sold everything, you've lost nothing!
Activity: 361
Merit: 106
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?

Do not panic. In my opinion  cryptocurrencies change so much in price that there is always an opportunity to recoup and return lost money. You just need to correctly allocate money for currency pairs.
just accept for what are may really happen for you after this lost a big amount , there is a lot of chances that you can have the return for all of what you may had been take for. be patient cause everything may back just focus on it.
Activity: 1080
Merit: 500
So far, just wait, and after some time, after the market has recovered, you can act at your discretion. But for now, just wait.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
In view of the fact that the fall of the crypto-currency market is common for all the crypto-currency, everyone is now in the same position. However, the possible losses due to the depreciation of the existing coins, this is not a loss. Now you need to hold all your coins and wait for the next revival and growth of your coins. A cyclical drop in the rate of a crypto currency is a common occurrence and one should be calm about this, regardless of the fact that the current decline has been too long.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104
Now almost all holders of crypto-currency in the same situation, as the crypto-currency market has fallen for a long time. However, smart traders do not consider the temporary depreciation of their coins some kind of loss and losses. If they are not sold at a low cost, this is not a loss. This is not worth paying attention to. Soon the market will start to rise, then it will be better to consider the profit from the invested funds in these coins.
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
Risk is the most important thing in crypto market, lots of people lost their money, losing money is not the problem but losing hope is the main issue of people in the crypto market. Just wait till the market will recover and it will recover. i said this thousands of time
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
OMNITY Knowledge, connected
Well, I can assure that you are not alone in this situation!
Actually, lot of people that jumped on crypto at the end of last year los a lot of money. So what?
This is trading, sometime you win, sometime you lose.
Btw, I'm very positive that the market will grow again.
Activity: 574
Merit: 139
So I basically got fomoed. Towards the end of 2017 I saw how high bitcoin skyrocketed and decided to invest in ripple as a test. Less than one week it went up 3x. This made me more ballsy and I put in 11k total in various other alt coins like ripple, ethos, tron, and cardano. After the crash I lost about half of my value just like that. I am frustrated with the experience and wish I would have just put in 1k or something. I wish I could just not invested and went into what I was doing earlier which was just investing the boring and traditional way. Should I wait and hodl or pull out and do something else?
That decision is only up to you and you won't find good answer here:
As a holder I would suggest you to hold because I don't won't to see more reds.
As a buyer I would suggest you to sell because I want to buy cheap coins.
Think about this  Wink
Activity: 512
Merit: 101
I think it's a bad idea to sell in a state of panic (depending on the situation, of course.) I personally do not think you should ever invest money and have insane expectations to get rich with money that you need desperately. With that said, I recommend just holding on to the crypto until prices go back up again. There are natural rises and falls. If you panic sell you are possibly going to forever lose money. If you hold out until prices go back up and then reassess the situation, you are likely to do better. That's just from personal experience. That said, if the project you have invested a lot in is actually a crap coin, then you should probably sell while you have the chance to come out with anything before it plummets.
Activity: 756
Merit: 629
In your situation, there is only one reasonable option - to keep coins and wait for a good price. Sooner or later it will be. In any case, the income will be higher than from the deposit in the bank.
Activity: 381
Merit: 101
Just forget about them for few months and then come back again once Bitcoin has stabilized. But remember don't panic sell. Its not just you who lost his crypto portfolio value but almost everyone. Only the hodlers get rewarded in the end.
Activity: 252
Merit: 0
Just stop to look at cryptocurrency charts! It makes you nervous. While market is going down, just change activity and explore the world of cryptocurrency! Just forget about your coins. Believe they will surprise you later.
Activity: 280
Dude, we all here know what you feel most of us got the same problems after crypto falling. If you start trading you shoud agree with the risks of this game. I lose a 2/3 of my money and it is good experience for me.
Activity: 350
You did not lose them, it's a temporary drawdown ... Just keep nothing to sell the market is cyclical. This is the main mistake novices sell on the bottom.
Activity: 196
Merit: 50
OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS
Why did you invested in the first place? Do not just invest randomly. That is why we need to do deep research on coins we invest with. There must be something on your coins which made you decide to invest on them. No matter what would that be, just hold onto it. Never sell coins on low prices. Hold them and wait for it to grow. Do not panic, that is why it is not advisable to invest a lot when you are new to this crypto thing especially if it only for a test.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500

Do not panic. In my opinion  cryptocurrencies change so much in price that there is always an opportunity to recoup and return lost money. You just need to correctly allocate money for currency pairs.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
Try to learn some trading skills. Learn to read charts and patterns used for trading.
babypips will be a nice start for you. Also there are a lot of forums for trading education.
than you will earn more and more with trading.
Activity: 462
Iam the same situation but i just relax and wait the market change to up trend, if you have skill and some strategy, you can trade it so the amount of money can be increasing with buy and sell many times , but if you dont have times for that and your purpose use that money for long term investment, so just hold it in minimum 1 year. In the end of 2018 the market will be growing again.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
bitcoin prices have started to improve and stable so I think the investment money will come back in the near future so holding the btc for some time will be better
Activity: 476
Merit: 100

Your experience with the 2017 altcoin performance is perfect example of the natural behavior of the cryptocurrency market.   You must know you have not lose your coins till you sell off what you have at a loss price. You can see the price is itching up and the price also appreciating. Hold a.nd sell off when in profit
Pages:
Jump to: