Pages:
Author

Topic: I will never sell my Alts for loss: Prefer to take them to the cemetery! - page 13. (Read 3727 times)

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
I will also not sell my alt better I will take loan from my local people or from the forum. I will sell only if I cant afford my living cost before then I will hold my altcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 14
www.thegeomadao.com
I also do not sell my holdings no matter what. I have suffered a great deal of loss in the crypto market and I have determined that I will recover my loss from the market itself. I think my holdings will increase in price one day and make me riches. I am seeing not far this moment as the market is correcting itself and becoming stable and stronger further.
Activity: 769
Merit: 108
As long as I live live I will not sell my Alts at a loss.
It is a shame that Bitches are selling: These bitches can’t see 2 years from NOW: Booming!
I primarily hold Cardano!
Great, and i totaly agree with you. Some people think crypto can make them easy to rich. Oh c'mon if crypto make people easy to rich all people will join with this. Yes crypto can make people rich but need time, As trader, as investor, as miner etc. All need time. Just make reference bitcoin price is about $1 in 2009 and 2017 about $19,000. Need Time, not instant
Activity: 707
Merit: 1
Yes, holding is good but what you are holding matters also. With that being said, am just like you I prefer holding as I believe in what blockchain has to offer.
Activity: 594
Merit: 250
This is what i do after my holdings got lower in prices. I won't sell even it become zero because i might do some bad decision. If ever the price recover then i will be happy and not i will just wait when it will pump. I will just add some tokens or coins to leverage my holdings.
Activity: 546
Merit: 3
It's so unfortunate that you are taking this too far. You can't force anyone to hold or sell. The thing that there are different reasons why people sell their altcoins for cheap.
- It's can be because of an urgent pressing need.
- it can be because they have found another coin or tokens that's is likely to do well more than the current one they are holding.
- It can be because the project is becoming suspicious.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
I personally do not see any reason why people sell their altcoins for loss because you are already in loss, selling at that point will not only lose your money but will also deprive you of the future profits you can make from the altcoin, thereby causing you to regret your actions in the future.
Waiting without moving means not evaluating hundreds of chances. So, when you expect it, you may have the chance to fold it over and over again. For example, in most projects, bounty hunters sell their currency below the ICO price and if you can evaluate it correctly, you can gain.
Activity: 712
Merit: 15
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
I personally do not see any reason why people sell their altcoins for loss because you are already in loss, selling at that point will not only lose your money but will also deprive you of the future profits you can make from the altcoin, thereby causing you to regret your actions in the future.
copper member
Activity: 176
Merit: 0
People holding Coins sell for fear of dumping, this is because they don't understand how the space works, that is why it is always advice to read and do research,most time fear make them end up selling at a loss.
Activity: 510
Merit: 2
Smile! Hope you will sell it when you get to cemetery?
People have different reason for selling their altcoin, I don't  blame people that sell below cost price because the owner of the altcoin may be in need of money at that moment and don't have any means than to sell what he /she has to cater for his or her need.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
In my opinion, it is better to sell altcoin with even a small profit than to stay with a coin worth zero, or completely delisted from exchanges, i.e. without the possibility of selling.
Activity: 700
Merit: 12
similar situation.. but i think this is not right if you have the chance to sell it even a small profit sell it don't regret it for the rest of your life
Activity: 921
Merit: 10
Well, I disagree with you. Sell certainly not worth a loss, but if you see that the bearish trend is strong, you should temporarily sell, and not wait until your portfolio is nothing left.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 528
Community Manager: ETN

HODL HODL HODL

The total MC will continue to go x10 x10 x10 over the next 5 to 10 years, just like it always has.

Of course, it will stop going x10 at some point, but the total crypto MC will be in the multiple trillions before it does slow down.

We always think the market wont go x10 and the previous time was the last time. IMO we have a ways to go as of yet, so if you have a diverse portfolio of the top 100 coins right now, and you HODL, and refuse to sell at a loss, you will win by far overall.

This is something the whales understand.

Its sad that most fall for FUD they hear, and feel that they need to cut their losses. They see the value of their assets decrease and panic sell. This is the norm unfortunately.

The same usually goes for the stock market. Your average investor plans to buy low and sell high, but they usually end up doing the exact opposite.
The OP would most likely do well with his plan if he can stick to it and ignore what he hears when markets are down, and simply wait out the cycle.

Your average investor just needs to remember that when the market is down, that the value of your coins are down, but the number of coins you have stays the same.

Unless the coin completely dies, or in stocks, the company goes under, the large majority of their investments will follow the overall market when it goes back up again.

Sadly, most sell when the market goes down, and then once they see the market has gone back up again, they buy back in when the price is high, doing exactly the opposite of their original intention.

This has been happening for decades in the stock market, and has continued to occur in the crypto market since its beginning.

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Holding Cardano is a smart move for long term hodlers. Shelly is being released soon and they have big plans to provide secure dapps to the financial industry. This hasn't been targeted yet so Cardano could fill a unique role in the marketplace
Well said having cardano in the portfolio is the right pick. It is promised to give a big profit long term. Every altcoin isn't a cardano. Good is to select altcoins that have good value and a future market. Holding altcoins that pump big and get dumped in a short is truly useless. Here letting it go to cemetery is good, maybe in between luck helps few with the growth of those altcoins.
Activity: 798
Merit: 281
Holding Cardano is a smart move for long term hodlers. Shelly is being released soon and they have big plans to provide secure dapps to the financial industry. This hasn't been targeted yet so Cardano could fill a unique role in the marketplace
Activity: 182
I also believe in you, I also will not cut my losses at Alt, because I will survive in some time at a higher price.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1035
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
First of all that is not healthy thinking. If you made your due dilligence on an altcoins and you wholeheartedly believe AND you are NOT a trader then holding them is the best. Smiley Personally I'd try to scalp a little more coins here and there and stack them up.
copper member
Activity: 206
Selling to cheap generally is not cool, always be patient. But know when to sell too, especially when the team members start selling off, or when the project development ain't forthcoming. I think buying into some coins belonging to projects with great prospect and holding is better, since you have rest of mind.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
Indeed, a lot depends on the coins themselves, if you are confident in each of them, then you are either a successful optimist or a professional in your cryptographic activity, since you are confident in the long run of your portfolio.
Pages:
Jump to: