Pages:
Author

Topic: [I0C] I0coin - The Best Choice In Digital Currency - page 10. (Read 81913 times)

Activity: 666
Merit: 516
Fuck BlackRock

I0C has been listed on Novaexchange. 

Hi,

I am from Nova Exchange. Our system is unable to calculate the minimum transaction fees for I0C.
What is the minimum fee per byte or kilobyte used so that the transaction gets included on the blockchain?

That's an interesting question. I'd ask Vlad or markm. Did you try messaging them since we are only periodically here?
Activity: 199
Merit: 10

Hi,

I am from Nova Exchange. Our system is unable to calculate the minimum transaction fees for I0C.
What is the minimum fee per byte or kilobyte used so that the transaction gets included on the blockchain?
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Hmm lets use the actual trading mechanism built into Stellar. I will fire up Stellar and put a bunch of I0C tokens for sale for Stellar Lumens (XLM) if I have not done so already. I have been meaning to for so long that I don't remember whether I ever actually found time to do it. So I guess if it is not already done the time to do it has come. Hopefully I'll also find time to do the same for IXCoin, DeVCoin and so on through the list of all the coins I have implemented, and what the heck I'll also check each one as I come to it to make sure I did post an info page about it on the http://makemoney.knotwork.com/ site stating its symbol and issuing account and issued-to account.

So you should be able to look at the page http://makemoney.knotwork.com/stellar/i0c/ and see there that the symbol is I0C, the issuing account is GBHAQ252S4Z4AQOM4BWIRC3UHAOJIKCZQBUJGD336YH2O7W2NKRXMHA5 and the issued-to account is GATCAX6Q2TGGGU4Y7NJOSJCQ3SXZUWBTLJOKHKOK7LXZODXDJQCWXGX6

The page also attempts to explain that part of the purpose of having an issued-to account is so that folks don't send the tokens back to the issuing account, which would un-issue the tokens. I know a lot of exchanges do like to issue and un-issue tokens dynamically as people deposit and withdraw, but I prefer to issue in advance a number of tokens representing real coins I really have on hand on their own blockchain in my own wallet and in effect buy and sell those tokens rather than risking any kind of "live" ("hot") creation and destruction of tokens as coins come and go from a "hot" wallet.

The issued-to account also helps me keep track of how many I actually issued of each token since I set the trust line of the issued-to account to the number I issue.

I got the above info by looking at the page so yes I did already get around to making I0Coin-on-Stellar's page.

Now I just need to fire up my Stellar wallet and see about placing some I0C tokens for sale for Lumens if I haven't done that already.

When the time comes that you want to "bail out" I0C tokens for real I0Coins on I0Coin's own blockchain you will be sending the I0C tokens to the issued-to address so that the tokens still exist (because, afterall, the real coins they stand for still exist), and I will send you I0Coin on the I0Coin blockchain. I have more than twice as many I0Coins as the number I have issued tokens for so basically I will be buying the tokens using other I0Coins not un-issuing the tokens. (The tokens remain, to represent other coins I still have securely in a wallet even after buying the tokens from you with real coins.)

Don't just blindly send tokens to their issued-to address without warning though; we will need to co-ordinate so I know they are coming and to what real-coin-blockchain address to send you the real coins.

OK I am off to fire up my Stellar wallet now...

...OK I put a whole pile of buy and sell offers I0C/XLM. Too many buy offers actually, ran out of lumens oops.

Have started to put sell offers of other coins too but I guess I won't be able to put in buy offers for them until I get some lumens by folks taking up my sell offers. Smiley

-MarkM-
Activity: 14
Merit: 28

How can I buy I0Coin securely from you? If you may, PM me for further information. Thank you.

Maybe use the Stellar platform? Make an offer. On the Stellar network you can offer anything for anything, you do not have to use Stellar Lumens as part of the trading pair.

See http://makemoney.knotwork.com/ for asset ID and issuing account.

The one glitch I foresee with the Stellar and HORIZON platforms though is as far as I know there is still no code for automated sites for bailing coins into and out of the platform that is considered robust enough for production use. Presumably all the exchanges that have deposit/withdraw on Stellar either are using dubious code or fixed the code without releasing the fixed version back into the free open source repository. This means I have to manually redeem tokens for actual one-blockchain coins and manually give folks tokens in return for actual on-blockchain coins, which obviously is not worth the time and effort for trivial quantities.

Thus although in principle you can trade anything for anything on the Stellar network in practice is is probably easiest to offer Stellar Lumens, and of course to buy enough of a coin to make it worth the manual time and effort of sending out actual coins to you on the blockchain.

So I guess in practice I am going to have to end up either charging a manual-handling fee of some kind for puny amounts or only cash people out when they have a hefy amount of coin to cash out. ( Like hey if you wanna cash in or out 100k+ I0Coins or IXCoins I won't need to charge a fee as that'd be a significant enough amount to be worth my time. Smiley )

You can buy Stellar Lumens lots of places. If Ripple XLM would be more up your alley then go ahead and make an offer on the Ripple network, since with both Stellar and Ripple it is really the person getting the newly-invented token that "invents" it, not the "issuer". That is to say, you can make up an asset, such as "I0C" for example, "trust" my issuer account for X number of them, and presto the network will let me send you some of those newfangled I0Us you just invented. I won't even be told I am to be their issuer, those networks are weird that way, if I go to send you something they will simply ist the new asset among the assets I can send you, despite the fact I have none and never heard of them before, and let me send them, creating them as IOUs (I owe you x number of them) as I send them.

I have not really gotten into using Ripple for this yet since a potential problemwith RIpple is that the company behind it seems to have pulled away from the original concept whereby it was an IOU network where anyone could owe anyone anything, and moved toward know your customer and anti-money-laundering and so onto such an extent that they stopped having an actual wallet a user can have at home. So Stellar is very much preferred. With Stellar we can run our own wallets on our own machines. So hmm yeah although in theory we could use Ripple I am thinking it is probably best to just avoid ripple as being too much like "big brother", too suspect. I would accept payment for stuff in Ripple XRP's though since they are an easy-to-sell-for-dollars token.

Ultimately though you have to trust me however we do it. So maybe right out in public is better than private messaging so if I rip you off everyone can see that I did.

-MarkM-

Okay- I am open to keeping this public if it's safer for everybody.

If I am following you correctly- basically I need to buy some XLM, send it to the listed address under i0c that you have starting with G where the amount in XLM I send will be exchanged for the equivalent amount of i0c at the current rate you have it at?

Then you will in exchange send the i0c coins to my i0c address that I will provide you with?

Just making sure we are on the same page.

I may try out around $100 USD equivalent amount of XLM for the amount of i0c that would probably come out to a bit north of 3K i0c coins I believe to make sure we are on the same page and we can do this transaction securely then I will come back with a higher amounts. Sounds fair?
legendary

How can I buy I0Coin securely from you? If you may, PM me for further information. Thank you.

Maybe use the Stellar platform? Make an offer. On the Stellar network you can offer anything for anything, you do not have to use Stellar Lumens as part of the trading pair.

See http://makemoney.knotwork.com/ for asset ID and issuing account.

The one glitch I foresee with the Stellar and HORIZON platforms though is as far as I know there is still no code for automated sites for bailing coins into and out of the platform that is considered robust enough for production use. Presumably all the exchanges that have deposit/withdraw on Stellar either are using dubious code or fixed the code without releasing the fixed version back into the free open source repository. This means I have to manually redeem tokens for actual one-blockchain coins and manually give folks tokens in return for actual on-blockchain coins, which obviously is not worth the time and effort for trivial quantities.

Thus although in principle you can trade anything for anything on the Stellar network in practice is is probably easiest to offer Stellar Lumens, and of course to buy enough of a coin to make it worth the manual time and effort of sending out actual coins to you on the blockchain.

So I guess in practice I am going to have to end up either charging a manual-handling fee of some kind for puny amounts or only cash people out when they have a hefy amount of coin to cash out. ( Like hey if you wanna cash in or out 100k+ I0Coins or IXCoins I won't need to charge a fee as that'd be a significant enough amount to be worth my time. Smiley )

You can buy Stellar Lumens lots of places. If Ripple XLM would be more up your alley then go ahead and make an offer on the Ripple network, since with both Stellar and Ripple it is really the person getting the newly-invented token that "invents" it, not the "issuer". That is to say, you can make up an asset, such as "I0C" for example, "trust" my issuer account for X number of them, and presto the network will let me send you some of those newfangled I0Us you just invented. I won't even be told I am to be their issuer, those networks are weird that way, if I go to send you something they will simply ist the new asset among the assets I can send you, despite the fact I have none and never heard of them before, and let me send them, creating them as IOUs (I owe you x number of them) as I send them.

I have not really gotten into using Ripple for this yet since a potential problemwith RIpple is that the company behind it seems to have pulled away from the original concept whereby it was an IOU network where anyone could owe anyone anything, and moved toward know your customer and anti-money-laundering and so onto such an extent that they stopped having an actual wallet a user can have at home. So Stellar is very much preferred. With Stellar we can run our own wallets on our own machines. So hmm yeah although in theory we could use Ripple I am thinking it is probably best to just avoid ripple as being too much like "big brother", too suspect. I would accept payment for stuff in Ripple XRP's though since they are an easy-to-sell-for-dollars token.

Ultimately though you have to trust me however we do it. So maybe right out in public is better than private messaging so if I rip you off everyone can see that I did.

-MarkM-
Not live yet but looks like its imminent. Curious to see what kind of prices/size they have available when it goes live.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net

Remember that I0Coin, IXCoin, DeVCoin, GRouPcoin and GeistGeld (XGG) , being merged-mined from way back when, have always been in use in the Galactic Milieu, along with TeneBriX and FairBriX the two original scrypt coins that pre-dated LiTeCoin; and the "Galactic Big Seven" currencies that were also implemented back in those days but eventually migrated totally to Open Transactions and now onward to the HORIZON and Stellar platforms. (That is, they stopped depending on proof of work, leaving GRouPcoin to be their test case to tell them whether proof of work was going to turn out to be practical or not.)

Thus they were traded in the Digitalis Open Transactions Server for years and nowadays, since Open Transactions never did get to the "ready for your grandmother to be able to use" stage of develpment, we have been migrating them to the HORIZON and STELLAR platforms.

I have been trying to list at http://makemoney.knotwork.com/ the assets thus far migrated to those two platforms, though I suspect there are still some assets that have been implemented on the platforms but that I have not yet gotten around to creating pages for on the Makemoney Knotwork site.

I also continue to update the tables of asset values periodically, see http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html and hey if you can figure out why the "plot" pages do not work and how to make them work that'd be great, they are done using "GNUplot" and worked fine when I generated them using Fedora but have never worked since I switched to using Ubuntu. Somehow GNUplot's generated webpages just show up blank for me (and many others apparently) since I started using the GNUplot that Ubuntu provides.

I usually market-make for I0Coin and IXCoin in units of 100 coins, every 5 satoshis of price on the buy side and every 10 satoshis of price on the sell side. Though at insanely low prices such as IXCoin is at now on the two exchanges where I still trade it I have been trying to go for every satoshi of price on the buy side.

So I guess if you want to buy some I0Coin I can sell you some starting with 100 at the price shown on the above-mentioned price list of Digitalis Open Transactions Server assets and going up 10 bitcoin-satoshis worth of price per each subsequent 100 coins. As the price rises I can probably do deals too; usually all the bitcoin that comes in from folks buying my sell-side offers goes right back onto the buy side.

-MarkM-

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973
Sweet! Thank you for the direction, just nabbed a bag of under 5K Coins of IXCoin for now.

Not seeing liquidity anywhere for i0Coin nor much activity in the last 24 hours. Hoping everybody will get their coins back from Cryptopia so there can be a sell off at least.

I am struggling with the wallet for i0coin. Which is the current active wallet version? I have 12.0.1 right now, it seems to be tad buggy. Is there any newer releases I should be on?

EDIT: Figured the wallet out! Now its just hunting for i0c Liquidity in the next few days-weeks...

EDIT 2:

Its interesting - if you look at this list:

https://www.coinbase.com/price/

You don't see i0c or iXc on here but if i add iXcoin www.coinbase.com/price/ixcoin - it actually shows up as a price on Coinbase.

I saw i0coin this morning show up but now it just loads like nothing is there now... Its a bit odd but intriguing!

P A R A C O S M
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Sweet! Thank you for the direction, just nabbed a bag of under 5K Coins of IXCoin for now.

Not seeing liquidity anywhere for i0Coin nor much activity in the last 24 hours. Hoping everybody will get their coins back from Cryptopia so there can be a sell off at least.

I am struggling with the wallet for i0coin. Which is the current active wallet version? I have 12.0.1 right now, it seems to be tad buggy. Is there any newer releases I should be on?

EDIT: Figured the wallet out! Now its just hunting for i0c Liquidity in the next few days-weeks...

EDIT 2:

You don't see i0c or iXc on here but if i add iXcoin www.coinbase.com/price/ixcoin - it actually shows up as a price on Coinbase.

I saw i0coin this morning show up but now it just loads like nothing is there now... Its a bit odd but intriguing!

A R M S T R O N G
legendary
Remember that I0Coin, IXCoin, DeVCoin, GRouPcoin and GeistGeld (XGG) , being merged-mined from way back when, have always been in use in the Galactic Milieu, along with TeneBriX and FairBriX the two original scrypt coins that pre-dated LiTeCoin; and the "Galactic Big Seven" currencies that were also implemented back in those days but eventually migrated totally to Open Transactions and now onward to the HORIZON and Stellar platforms. (That is, they stopped depending on proof of work, leaving GRouPcoin to be their test case to tell them whether proof of work was going to turn out to be practical or not.)

Thus they were traded in the Digitalis Open Transactions Server for years and nowadays, since Open Transactions never did get to the "ready for your grandmother to be able to use" stage of develpment, we have been migrating them to the HORIZON and STELLAR platforms.

I have been trying to list at http://makemoney.knotwork.com/ the assets thus far migrated to those two platforms, though I suspect there are still some assets that have been implemented on the platforms but that I have not yet gotten around to creating pages for on the Makemoney Knotwork site.

I also continue to update the tables of asset values periodically, see http://galaxies.mygamesonline.org/digitalisassets.html and hey if you can figure out why the "plot" pages do not work and how to make them work that'd be great, they are done using "GNUplot" and worked fine when I generated them using Fedora but have never worked since I switched to using Ubuntu. Somehow GNUplot's generated webpages just show up blank for me (and many others apparently) since I started using the GNUplot that Ubuntu provides.

I usually market-make for I0Coin and IXCoin in units of 100 coins, every 5 satoshis of price on the buy side and every 10 satoshis of price on the sell side. Though at insanely low prices such as IXCoin is at now on the two exchanges where I still trade it I have been trying to go for every satoshi of price on the buy side.

So I guess if you want to buy some I0Coin I can sell you some starting with 100 at the price shown on the above-mentioned price list of Digitalis Open Transactions Server assets and going up 10 bitcoin-satoshis worth of price per each subsequent 100 coins. As the price rises I can probably do deals too; usually all the bitcoin that comes in from folks buying my sell-side offers goes right back onto the buy side.

-MarkM-

EDIT 2:

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
I just nabbed 1M of DVC

I was trying to see if i could go for .02-.03 BTC on i0c/Ixc

Baller!  Coinexchange.io will get you the best priced (8,000 ixc at 200 sat) ixc bag right now if you hurry. 
I just nabbed 1M of DVC

I was trying to see if i could go for .02-.03 BTC on i0c/Ixc
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Late to the party. Tsk.

Not too late, the price is still cheap, just not as much liquidity.  How much were you looking to buy? 
Late to the party. Tsk.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
All right. Thank you. I will watch the exchanges and see what I can nab up that makes sense price-wise.

Chasing i0c, iXc, and DVC was a bit harder than I thought especially them coming from the same cloth of Bitcoin.

Until recent months they were all really easy to buy incredibly cheap, often under 1 penny and for dvc far below that.  It’s been 8 years - I wish Bitcoin gave people that opportunity.

Best wishes!

All right. Thank you. I will watch the exchanges and see what I can nab up that makes sense price-wise.

Chasing i0c, iXc, and DVC was a bit harder than I thought especially them coming from the same cloth of Bitcoin.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Damn. Will we get any better exchanges before end of June at least?

Altilly has i0c at .00005 and freiexchange has i0c at 0.00077776

Seems to be a tad high but probably due to Crytopia shutting down and people aren't able to sell anything lately..

Maybe novaexchange but I doubt it will be any better.  Put in some bids and maybe you’ll get some coins.  Or just wait. 
Damn. Will we get any better exchanges before end of June at least?

Altilly has i0c at .00005 and freiexchange has i0c at 0.00077776

Seems to be a tad high but probably due to Crytopia shutting down and people aren't able to sell anything lately..
Pages:
Jump to: