Pages:
Author

Topic: [ICO] CombiCoin current investors up 75% in 1.5 month! Token sales reopened now! - page 34. (Read 29428 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Co-founder Triaconta
The market is bleeding. Luckily for us only a small portion of investments is in crypto. The rest in FIAT. Meaning that we can buy a whole lot more of assets backing the CombiCoin!
K-
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Buying 30 different coins one by one is costly due to transaction fees, so investing in one coin that does this for me seems cheaper.
Hmm. I do not think that backing assets will be bought for each coin separately. Most likely, it will be provided by the creation of a pool of coins, or some stock of backing assets.
In addition, buying and selling will be carried out on exchanges, therefore, it will not be a transaction fee, but an exchange fee.

But the question is really good! Let's wait for a response from Don.

Paying 0.25% exchange fee on 10 USD at once or over 30 transactions of 0.33 will result in the same fee at the end.
The bigger Issue is that it takes a lot of time and effort to be able to buy the top 30. Multiple wallet, multiple exchanges. With CombiCoin is just 1 transaction, 1 wallet, 1 exchange.

Sorry Don,
Combicoin is an ERC-20 token as TRIA?
Co-founder Triaconta
Following this thread, nice project.

Thanks for letting us know! Hopefully we will see you as one of the participants soon.
Activity: 294
Merit: 105
Following this thread, nice project.
Co-founder Triaconta
Combicoin will be developing a semi-autonomous trading software which will need human intervention to confirm all transactions.
Considering major part i.e. 90%+ of all your ICO collection is going to Asset backing, what stopped you from developing a prototype to display the functionality of your trading software which I assume is used to make sure there is balance between Combicoin and Assets its based on?
Hello Combicoin team, I would like to know your reply on this point as well. It was one of my query posted earlier. Thank you.

91%+ will be used for the assets backing CombiCoin. If we did not do this then we would have an ICO for only the development of the software, which did not make sense to us.

We already developed similar software for the power exchanges epex spot and Nord Pool spot. This software is already making thousands of trades using the same mechanisms that will also be in our exchange software.

We launched our ICO to buy assets and Launch CombiCoin but also to raise funds to realize the automatic exchange software. We decided to use the ICO raise the funds for the development and in return share 50% of the profit with our ICO investors through the TRIA tokens. Development requires investment.
Okay, noted! This provides more information on your strategy and the need for ICO. Software development is equally important as the balance of assets and Combicoin will rely on it. TRIA as you mentioned before is just for profit sharing.
I agree development requires investment but purchasing of asset with 91%+ of ICO is just considered as stocking or stockpiling. Will there be any visibility of Assets bought and address on which it is stored? Any real-time balance monitoring which displays the amount of asset stored at different addresses?
How you will convince investors that the amount generated by ICO is safe and secured and not used for trading activities?
Bump! You missed my question again, never the less can you please clarify how the visibility part will be catered in buying of asset, their storage and monitoring as highlighted in my post above?

Also you highlighted buying/selling of 30 coins everytime Combicoin is created or destroyed, how will investors will be able to track this?

Are you planning to buy your pool of asset in bulk before hand in a Locked addresses can refer to them as VAULT and everytime combicoin in created or destroyed, you just deposit/withdraw the respective assets in/from VAULT?
As an investor, the most important aspect of your entire project is visibility of how you manage the investments and asset!

Missed that one indeed, sorry Shade!

Yes we will ensure that everything is transparant, so all wallets and such will be displayed. We will also create a near real time overview on www.combicoin.co (not live yet) of all assets and how that relates to the value of 1 COMBI.

Regarding the safekeeping of all assets, all wallets are owned by the CombiCoin & Triatoken foundation. Triaconta does not have unlimited acces to these funds. As mentioned in the whitepaper only 1% of the assets will be used for trading (also for creating/destroying). These assets will also be included in the total asset stockpile on www.combicoin.co. Your description of the VAULT and the deposit /withdraw is how we are going to do this.

The amount of CombiCoins will always be displayed on CombiCoin.co and when we create or destroy one this number will be adjusted.

Let me know if I missed anything

Co-founder Triaconta
Buying 30 different coins one by one is costly due to transaction fees, so investing in one coin that does this for me seems cheaper.
Hmm. I do not think that backing assets will be bought for each coin separately. Most likely, it will be provided by the creation of a pool of coins, or some stock of backing assets.
In addition, buying and selling will be carried out on exchanges, therefore, it will not be a transaction fee, but an exchange fee.

Paying 0.25% exchange fee on 10 USD at once or over 30 transactions of 0.33 will result in the same fee at the end.
The bigger Issue is that it takes a lot of time and effort to be able to buy the top 30. Multiple wallet, multiple exchanges. With CombiCoin is just 1 transaction, 1 wallet, 1 exchange.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
Looks like a good and legit project and ICO, watching this project and wanting to see more details. Good luck to the dev team.
More details can be found in the whitepaper, on the official website or by asking questions here or in telegram. Smiley
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Looks like a good and legit project and ICO, watching this project and wanting to see more details. Good luck to the dev team.
How is ico? How many have already received $?
At this moment:

1,456,732$
USD Raised
The next milestone is 1500000. Wink
Activity: 518
Merit: 325
How is ico? How many have already received $?
Activity: 210
Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto
Combicoin will be developing a semi-autonomous trading software which will need human intervention to confirm all transactions.
Considering major part i.e. 90%+ of all your ICO collection is going to Asset backing, what stopped you from developing a prototype to display the functionality of your trading software which I assume is used to make sure there is balance between Combicoin and Assets its based on?
Hello Combicoin team, I would like to know your reply on this point as well. It was one of my query posted earlier. Thank you.

91%+ will be used for the assets backing CombiCoin. If we did not do this then we would have an ICO for only the development of the software, which did not make sense to us.

We already developed similar software for the power exchanges epex spot and Nord Pool spot. This software is already making thousands of trades using the same mechanisms that will also be in our exchange software.

We launched our ICO to buy assets and Launch CombiCoin but also to raise funds to realize the automatic exchange software. We decided to use the ICO raise the funds for the development and in return share 50% of the profit with our ICO investors through the TRIA tokens. Development requires investment.
Okay, noted! This provides more information on your strategy and the need for ICO. Software development is equally important as the balance of assets and Combicoin will rely on it. TRIA as you mentioned before is just for profit sharing.
I agree development requires investment but purchasing of asset with 91%+ of ICO is just considered as stocking or stockpiling. Will there be any visibility of Assets bought and address on which it is stored? Any real-time balance monitoring which displays the amount of asset stored at different addresses?
How you will convince investors that the amount generated by ICO is safe and secured and not used for trading activities?
Bump! You missed my question again, never the less can you please clarify how the visibility part will be catered in buying of asset, their storage and monitoring as highlighted in my post above?

Also you highlighted buying/selling of 30 coins everytime Combicoin is created or destroyed, how will investors will be able to track this?

Are you planning to buy your pool of asset in bulk before hand in a Locked addresses can refer to them as VAULT and everytime combicoin in created or destroyed, you just deposit/withdraw the respective assets in/from VAULT?
As an investor, the most important aspect of your entire project is visibility of how you manage the investments and asset!

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

Could you list your competitors, and what distinguishes you from them?
I suppose, competitors are Iconomi, Taas, and some others. But they have a different idea and realization.
Maybe, such a comparison would be useful, although I have no idea what the criteria for comparison can be. Can you tell the team what exactly interests you?

Iconomi is indeed a competitor. Major differences are that we are actively managing the assets to diversify the risks. Also we do not charge an entry,exit or management fee. We include the top 30, others have a more limited selection with a higher weight on BTC and ETH. CombiCoin diversifies evenly across the top 30.

To buy the top 30 yourself you will need to use multiple wallets and exchanges. With CombiCoin it is just one transaction.

Combicoin will rebalance the portfolio every two months, isn't this very costly to do every time as well? I know that rebalancing the portfolio diversifies the risk, but isn't it costly to rebalance so often?

It cost something, true, but the benefit of doing so completely justify the operation, is what will make the fund perform better and be in tune.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

I suppose, competitors are Iconomi, Taas, and some others. But they have a different idea and realization.
Maybe, such a comparison would be useful, although I have no idea what the criteria for comparison can be. Can you tell the team what exactly interests you?

Iconomi is indeed a competitor. Major differences are that we are actively managing the assets to diversify the risks. Also we do not charge an entry,exit or management fee. We include the top 30, others have a more limited selection with a higher weight on BTC and ETH. CombiCoin diversifies evenly across the top 30.

To buy the top 30 yourself you will need to use multiple wallets and exchanges. With CombiCoin it is just one transaction.

Combicoin will rebalance the portfolio every two months, isn't this very costly to do every time as well? I know that rebalancing the portfolio diversifies the risk, but isn't it costly to rebalance so often?
They are communicating with big partners but there is no clear name yet. İconomi, a similar project, is traded on big exchanges like kraken, liqui. So that they are warm to such projects. Will enter shortly.
Yes, Bitfinex, Kraken, Liqui, Livecoin would be good. I hope the team has already compiled a list of exchanges from which it is worth starting.
Activity: 350
Merit: 171
Hi, is there any news about the exchanges the tokens will be tradable on?

They are communicating with big partners but there is no clear name yet. İconomi, a similar project, is traded on big exchanges like kraken, liqui. So that they are warm to such projects. Will enter shortly.
Hello. Wink
It seems that there has not been any news yet. I suppose that the list of priority exchanges will depend on the raised funds. Many exchanges require quite significant sums for adding a coin or token.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1416
Website have been updated

Currently more then 1.4 million have been raised
More than 2/3 of softcap! It is very good. Smiley

On the transparency point - especially for retail (consumer) investors like myself - transparency on how this coin works and e.g. how costs and profits are being distributed between Triaconta and the investors is indeed key.
I believe all the necessary reporting will be provided to investors. Smiley
Co-founder Triaconta

The 50% profit share between Triaconta and the TRIA token holder does seem to look a lot like a (high) performance/management fee or carried interest. So I'm not so sure whether you can state that no (implicit) fees/profits are paid to/withheld by Triaconta.

Hi Piet, lets debate Smiley.

So for managing the CombiCoin assets we do not charge any fees. If CombiCoin assets increase with x% over time we do not benefit from this at all. We do not take a small % of the growth of the assets. This is all for the owners of CombiCoin.

If someone wants to buy or sell CombiCoins they are free to choose to whom they sell it.

Triaconta is a separate company that will keep the exchange rates of CombiCoin close to the real value of the assets. Triaconta's trading software will be connected to 10+ exchanges and will continuously check for how much it could buy and sell the assets of a CombiCoin. It will create a buy and sell order on the exchanges. Anyone who wants to buy or sell a CombiCoin is free to choose to whom they sell or buy it. If they choose to sell it to us then we destroy the CombiCoin and sell the assets backing it for as much as we can at that moment. If someone wants to buy from us we will create a CombiCoin and buy the assets backing it for as less as we can.
Triaconta will make some profit in both instances and distributes 50% back to TRIA token holders.

All transactions that we are not a part of we do not benefit at all. Again, its everyone's choice whom to buy from or sell to.
Pages:
Jump to: