Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO or buy later on exchange ? - page 41. (Read 30126 times)

Activity: 290
Merit: 28
bitcoin is not a bubble, it is the pin
March 22, 2018, 04:52:41 AM
Buying during the ICO was profitable prior to February 2018 but with the recent volatility of the market i'd say get into bounties and buy in exchange when the price deeps.
Recently I paid $0.08 for J8T token during crowd sale but when it hit the exchange it was $0.03 and has further dropped.

These ICOs are taking us all for a ride, squeezing out every pint of blood they can from us.

Presently I'd say Exchange; the only thing I'd do during ICO is to participate in the bounty.

Yes I also think that it is better to wait until a token is listed nowadays snd wait for the drop to get in. You might have to wait s bit until you can get out again and make a profit. On the other hand if you buy during ICO your money could be blocked also for months until the token hits the first exchange.
copper member
Activity: 252
Merit: 3
ENCRYBIT — FUTURE OF CRYPTOEXCHANGE
March 22, 2018, 01:52:11 AM
I believe that if the ICO has following qualities, you should definitely buy them in the presale program. Because they are cheap and the ICO provider will shower huge discounts. If you hold a certain amount of ICO, then its home exchange may give away rewards in the form of minimizing transactions fees and in some cases, it may become null.

•   Look out for the team behind its development. The team should be highly qualified and experienced in the field of cryptocurrency.
•   Have a look at their goal. The success of their coin depends on the robustness of their goal.
•   Check out their roadmap, how they will roll out their features in the given timeline.
•   Based on the above points, filter out the cryptocurrencies whose value is less than or equivalent to one dollar. Because it will require little funds to invest and as many people will invest in it considering it as “cheap”, its value will rise quickly. Thus, giving you good returns.
•   Keep checking on discussion forums and news updates to see which ICO provider is performing better compared to others.
•   Invest in ICOs who have maximum circulation and limited supply. Because of its limited supply, its value will rise.

ICOs are usually released for crowdfunding program to generate soft cap for developing a cryptocurrency exchange. So, if you value them in their hour of need, you’ll surely be rewarded back with good returns.

But you have to take a risk in choosing the right ICO because some are released just to shut down. Check their market cap and liquidity pool.
If you wait for the ICO to get listed on exchange sites, you may have to pay a higher price and may not get benefits of being a presale investor.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
March 22, 2018, 12:24:29 AM
How often does the price get lower than the ICO price when a new coin is listed on its first exchange house ?

How come there are coins that are worth like 0.0004 $, usually during an ICO one coin is sold in the range of 1$ or not ?

Do some "coins" skip the ICO stage ?

This always happens when there are many bounty hunters and make money people in an ICOs. They are usually selling their coins right after it was being listed in an exchange so the tendency is the value of the coins will dump. ICO stage are being used to accumulate funds to start the project.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
March 21, 2018, 08:26:30 PM
Investing when ICO is a risky action, but when we dare to take risks then we can get a much better profit. One of the advantages when buying coins when ICO is that we can get a much cheaper coin price or there is a discount that makes us get more coin. Yes anyone who dare to take risks so he has a chance to get more profits than just wait it out. But we still have a chance to lose when the ICO fails, the right choice in investing remains the most important part to get the future we will achieve.
Activity: 185
Merit: 10
March 21, 2018, 07:50:39 PM
I prefer to wait until the coin finally appear in the exchange sites. In my opinion,   It is more safe to invest in exchange sites than buying coins in ICO.
Activity: 47
March 21, 2018, 06:47:48 PM
As soon the coin after ICO goes to a lot of exchanges, hunters who have received a coin with a bounty program immediately begin to sell it, thereby significantly reducing the price on it.
Activity: 462
March 19, 2018, 10:20:19 PM
How often does the price get lower than the ICO price when a new coin is listed on its first exchange house ?

How come there are coins that are worth like 0.0004 $, usually during an ICO one coin is sold in the range of 1$ or not ?

yeah some skips the stages,but for me its better to buy on PreSale,since big discounts are offered though its really depend on what projects or ico you will investing,if its unique and you can see the potentials so why need to choose ,just buy directly
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
March 19, 2018, 07:57:45 PM
Practice shows that after adding to the stock exchange new coins that have just passed ICO. The price for them drops sharply, and already in 2-3 days again gaining momentum
i think this moment happen because after listing on exchange many people withdrawal their fund after waiting many time this token listing.
so it can make price are falling down, beside that because the project roadmap not run yet.
Thats right I think if you wait until the ICO is listing it will also be quite risky because it is very possible when the ICO is successfully entered the exchange and has a price. there will be many investors who sell their tokens / coins. because they've waited long time enough. I myself prefer to buy when ICO but make sure you buy a potential ICO to enter the exchange
Activity: 254
March 19, 2018, 07:28:28 PM
When market is rising- better buy at ICO or pre-ICO. But when market falling down (as now) better buy at exchange with smaller price
Activity: 262
March 19, 2018, 06:56:39 PM
I prefer ICO than buy later when they on exchange, why? usually, ICO price is lower than when they on exchange. If the project is success, of course, the price will moon and usually what makes the price going down is bounty hunter sell their tokens. But every investment has a risk, nobody knows precise what happened in cryptocurrency
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
March 19, 2018, 06:44:24 PM
I like to buy directly in the exchange. The icos are becoming very tedious, often ask for many requirements. For me it's easier to wait and buy in some exchange, when the price seems appropriate.
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain
March 19, 2018, 06:24:30 PM
it depends on you, if you had researched carefully and believe in the projects, you can buy in ICO dates. If not, you can buy when they list in the exchange.
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
March 19, 2018, 06:21:42 PM
In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on ICO stage right now and already on the exchanges, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/future-of-privacy-ethereum-meta-foundation-of-anonymous-e-marketplace-2659058
Activity: 826
March 19, 2018, 09:02:46 AM
Practice shows that after adding to the stock exchange new coins that have just passed ICO. The price for them drops sharply, and already in 2-3 days again gaining momentum
i think this moment happen because after listing on exchange many people withdrawal their fund after waiting many time this token listing.
so it can make price are falling down, beside that because the project roadmap not run yet.
Activity: 266
March 19, 2018, 08:12:17 AM
Activity: 630
Merit: 11
NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter
March 19, 2018, 06:56:54 AM

The real question here is if you have done the research on the project and the team. If you really believe and have done the research then go for it in the ico but most of the projects fall in price after the ico
Activity: 121
March 19, 2018, 06:13:54 AM
I prefer buy market because almost all ico now price below ico when entering my own market have observed ico success or not going down maybe just factor of bounty which big will make price in dump
In this bearish market, most ICOs are trading below ICO price. I collected data and analysed that Febuary and March are the worst months for ICO. 95% high-profile ICOs fell below ICO price (I collected  ICOs list from ICO drops, ICOhotlist), average return of all ICOs is 3%, only blockchain platform projects and those listed on Binance right after ICO made profits. So in this market it's better to wait for exchanges or only choose the best project.
Activity: 238
March 19, 2018, 05:18:15 AM
It all depends on what risks you are willing to go, entering the ICO you can get a crazy profit but also remains with nothing. Exchanges are more predictable.
Activity: 265
March 17, 2018, 01:46:50 PM
Deffinetly ICO!
From my perspective, investing in tokens is one the best ways to get guaranteed income Wink
Although the project has to be worth it. A few weeks ago I found such.
"Red lanterns" https://goo.gl/RddguE is an ambitious project with unique idea, and I feel completely safe to invest in it.
Check it Wink
Activity: 140
March 17, 2018, 01:37:48 PM

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.

The most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on ICO stage right now and already on the exchanges, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/future-of-privacy-ethereum-meta-foundation-of-anonymous-e-marketplace-2659058
Pages:
Jump to: