Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO or buy later on exchange ? - page 36. (Read 30126 times)

legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
April 14, 2018, 02:07:28 PM
Yes, in some cases it can fall below the ICO price. We can see the ICO prices of ETH-based coins from the ether-scan coat. this is a very nice plugin. all coins don't always fall below the ICO price. undeveloped and garbage projects can fall at any time not always. these two important points should not be forgotten.
Activity: 938
Merit: 102
April 14, 2018, 11:46:32 AM
How often does the price get lower than the ICO price when a new coin is listed on its first exchange house ?

How come there are coins that are worth like 0.0004 $, usually during an ICO one coin is sold in the range of 1$ or not ?

Do some "coins" skip the ICO stage ?

I think it was depends on the purpose of the token if it's really helpful in everyday lives . I prefer buy when it's already on exchanges and wait for it to be in a low price .
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
April 14, 2018, 11:25:12 AM
It depends to the ICO because they have ICO after listed the exchanges site the price increase or higher than the price of the ICO. But they have ICO also after listing the price decrease. We have advantage and disadvantage of investing in ICO. Just make sure before you investing to ICO choose ICO who do you think can gives you high profit after ICO.
Activity: 31
Merit: 1
April 14, 2018, 11:09:05 AM
Definitely depend on the prospects. A solid team with active investment usually won't have to bootstrap the whole thing and ICO funds will most likely not be required.
Activity: 462
Merit: 281
dApps Development Automation Platform
April 14, 2018, 11:02:28 AM
For your question I have 2 opinions
1/ In the bull market like in Dec 2017 everything you taken from ICO almost bring your profit due that is crazy time people FOMO and buy everything. Even it shit or scam also could had nice increased.
2/ In this bearing market buy in the exchange is the best! You have chance to get it cheaper than the biggest bonues they offer to pre-sale. You can check this is TRUSE for almost recently ICO such as WePower, TheKey, Experty etc all of them are HYPE and FOMO in token sale and now all under presale+bonus value
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
April 14, 2018, 09:52:12 AM
How often does the price get lower than the ICO price when a new coin is listed on its first exchange house ?

How come there are coins that are worth like 0.0004 $, usually during an ICO one coin is sold in the range of 1$ or not ?

I think it's better to buy coins on the exchange. There are a lot of scammers now and they can mask their deceit well only in order to raise money and not even go to the stock exchange after the completion of the ICO.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
April 14, 2018, 09:21:50 AM
When the market is bearish, many try to sell their tokens that they bought on ico. In a bull market on the contrary, many start to believe in projects and try not to drain their tokens, but expect more profit and growth from them.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
April 14, 2018, 09:12:57 AM
Depends on your ICO. There are many choices you can do with your money. Just look at their team and see how they can affect the price of the token during and after the crowdsale. Most of the time, I buy coin after ICO because there is a large number of ICO token drop their price strongly after being listed on an exchange
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
April 14, 2018, 08:46:22 AM

i think to buy when the ICO stage is a good strategy, at least you will get a bonus with that.
but about up or down that price coin after ICO stage, it depends on the project and the plan of his team. if it's a good project, of course, his price will increase after the ICO.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
April 14, 2018, 07:44:03 AM
There are some ICOs that you can't get it lower than their ICO price, so one need to balance both, I think looking at the performaces of most of the ICOs so far this year, one would have get good value for money if one wait till its get listed on exchanges. A good project with less than $15 million worth investing in their ICO
Activity: 530
Merit: 10
Revolutionizing Crypto Payment Solutions
April 11, 2018, 08:58:20 PM
70% icos will fall after the first listing on a exchange.
When i very convinced then i invest in ico and hold the token / coins.

Wehn i´m not completely convinced, so i buy after the first listing on a exchange.

the profit probability that if you follow the successful ICO will double than buying in the market, it is true if the majority of ICO is a scam, I think it is because it is dominated by sales that do not meet the target. But if your analysis is sharpened and focus on the ICO you believe in, then there's no need to look at the others. You just need to focus on only 10%.
Activity: 149
Merit: 12
April 11, 2018, 05:28:02 PM
I really like to buy coins after the ICO because I get the 30-70% discount when they come to the exchanges.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
April 11, 2018, 04:34:31 PM
in my opinion buying later on exchange is better than ICO. a lot of altcoin are already falling join a exchange. I think that bountyies are effective in this.

Absolutely agree. A good part of participating in the ICO, but it is still dangerous. During ICO time you will learn about the team, the project, the token is much more. If you do not pursue excess profits - take it after ICO at the time of the price drop due to the urgent sale and wait for the recovery. In my risk less.
Activity: 896
Merit: 505
April 11, 2018, 04:33:08 PM
70% icos will fall after the first listing on a exchange.
When i very convinced then i invest in ico and hold the token / coins.

Wehn i´m not completely convinced, so i buy after the first listing on a exchange.
Activity: 308
Merit: 2
April 11, 2018, 02:20:34 PM
this is a very scam project. exchange should wait.
Activity: 182
April 11, 2018, 01:55:17 PM

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.
I was asking myself what to do when cryptocurrency goes down and found out that the most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on exchanges right now, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/future-of-privacy-ethereum-meta-foundation-of-anonymous-e-marketplace-2659058
Activity: 5
April 11, 2018, 05:27:16 AM
The etherium is already experiencing a lot of problems, while creating a lot of crypto currency is more perfect.Meet, Marinecoin.You can receive 20 thousand (20,000) coins every day (!) Just by posting 1 post.Coin even at this stage fair distribution (with proof of promotion) already traded on the stock exchange. The community grows daily, after the distribution phase there will be a lot of interesting news.The project is reborn, takes into account the mistakes of the past and will no longer depend on the miners (dev-less, self sustaining). The coin will expand in the future due to some technologies (machine to machine, artificial intelligence).Therefore, it is difficult not to believe in the future value of the coin.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
April 08, 2018, 12:33:17 PM
ICO is the best time to get a lot of coins with additional high reward bonuses. if you buy it during the exchange especially when the coin enter the market may be still expensive and we still do not know how this flow coin is potentially
Activity: 238
April 08, 2018, 11:20:10 AM
Anyway, I think ICO gives more chances to earn.
Especially early stages with discounts and free add-ons...
Activity: 210
April 08, 2018, 11:18:25 AM
Buying from the exchanges is much less risky than buying from ICO. It might be not that profitable, but if to follow the charts and to buy dips in the early stages of trading, profit might be good. Quite often it takes several months of tradings for the coin to get to the same price, as it was during an ICO.
Pages:
Jump to: