Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO or buy later on exchange ? - page 52. (Read 30126 times)

Activity: 189
Merit: 1
February 28, 2018, 05:04:21 AM
How often does the price get lower than the ICO price when a new coin is listed on its first exchange house ?

How come there are coins that are worth like 0.0004 $, usually during an ICO one coin is sold in the range of 1$ or not ?

Do some "coins" skip the ICO stage ?

Better to hold ico than on the exchange.
The exchange is already a price that has been going and has passed several offers, ico give us coin without us buy but reward our work results during the campaign
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
February 28, 2018, 04:53:56 AM
with buying from the exchanges, we know how much the price is and I think after the ICO is launch in the market, the price will be a pump and dump so we don't know how much the price. and after the drama of pump and dump is over, we can buy the coins in the market and who knows we can get much of amount because the price is not too expensive. I see many ICO got a cheap price after the ICO is launch and I think it is better to buy at the exchanges so we can do buy and sell to make a profit too.
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
February 28, 2018, 04:39:45 AM
Difficult question. There have been ICO tokens that have gone up 1,000%+. During ICO all campaigns make big discounts and after ICO you have a good chance to make x10, but it risky. There is no guarantee of the growth. 

Every ICO coin will not give us profit, of course, but most of them are going below price after listing in the exchange. Instead of buying them in ICO better buy them when they list in the exchanges.
Activity: 812
Merit: 253
February 28, 2018, 04:11:31 AM
Basically if you buy coin from an ICO or pre-ICO stage is a lot more cheaper than buying it on an exchange which would mean the ICO is done. But it is very risky to buy coins during the ICO period because there is no assurance yet that the coin you'll buy will be successful or will be listed in some exchange sites. There are some coins that will flop and there are some that won't, even if the project looks legit there are scam ICO's too.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
February 28, 2018, 04:04:35 AM
Difficult question. There have been ICO tokens that have gone up 1,000%+. During ICO all campaigns make big discounts and after ICO you have a good chance to make x10, but it risky. There is no guarantee of the growth. 
Activity: 1848
Merit: 601
The Martian Child
February 28, 2018, 02:57:29 AM
Most of the time I just invest when I see some very good ICOs. Early bonuses are so tempting. Buying in exchanges are okay too but since charts aren't really working well on early coins you need to make a guess analysis.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
February 28, 2018, 02:42:48 AM
the average price of coin in the ICO is $ 1 but not infrequently that wets $ 0.1 price but the future of coin depends upon launch. and in fact after the launch they all lose their identity, so I think if you are not sure with ico you will invest should just wait them in exchange.

This trick is good for investing in ico that we are not sure about the token.
If we know the potential of the ico, i will choose to invest in ico because we will get much more benefit like extra bonus.
Activity: 80
Merit: 4
February 28, 2018, 02:31:02 AM
Most of the time ICO's drop to their ICO price when hitting the exchanges because of the bonuses from presale investors. And waiting in exchange will be safer to avoid scam icos
Activity: 2
February 28, 2018, 02:29:57 AM
better we discuss this in new ICO discussion group on telegram...

https://t.me/joinchat/H-tLtQtKUSuKTEP3YvTXlQ
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN
February 28, 2018, 01:59:39 AM
Today it is better to buy only at the exchange. there are just too many scam ico. even good ico have become scam later. I would always buy only if the project is listed. and then I buy from the bounty people under ico price. but only if the dev are still active.
I agree, for me I preferred to buy in the exchange mostly Ico's are scam. Some Ico dev doesnt like to develop their project anymore once it become successful. Better buy in the exchange because in an Ico we dont know yet what will it be after.  
buying in ico is very profitable and also high risk, but for experienced investors will always buy in a clear ico project, a matter of risk for investors are common, lose or win is common in investment
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Blockchain Identity Verification
February 28, 2018, 01:19:18 AM
Depending on many factors everybody evaluating for himself. I think team, experience and idea itself are the core. If you believe in them, go ahead to ico. If not, wait, maybe it will not reach exchange
It's not enough just to believe in the team!The project that goes to the ICO should be all right with the documentation!The very meaning of the project should be clearly stated,and it is desirable that they already have a product that they plan to present!
Activity: 229
February 27, 2018, 09:33:51 PM
I think it is very difficult to choose the right one. Because it depends a lot on their ICO project. Some ICO campaigns tend to stabilize the token price based on the amount of supply and the source of the tokens sold after the ICO. So buying at ICO is very beneficial in the long run after they launch exchanges. It may take a lot of time for them to launch the beta exchange. It is hard at the moment you hold or sell tokens after that process. So choosing a good ICO will solve this problem.
Activity: 747
Merit: 101
February 27, 2018, 04:58:20 PM
I think it's more profitable to buy on ICO because it's cheaper, but ICO is risky.
Nope bro
Some icos i joined bounty are below ico price now, after btc crash yesterday. better buy in pre ico coz more cheap+bonus, if you find really good ico
Activity: 294
Merit: 15
February 27, 2018, 04:28:26 PM
Depends. If they have a bounty program above %3-4, then i would suggest you to buy on exchange
Activity: 45
February 27, 2018, 04:06:36 PM
I think for someone who doesn't want to risk his money and wants to earn a bit of money, he has to participate in the ICO instead, which requires more work. But for people who are not afraid of risk and want to make money just by speculating should rather buy in exchanges platforms
Activity: 168
February 27, 2018, 02:23:05 PM
It is depends how deep is your pockets. If you could have more diversified portfolio, invest in the earliest will be best after in depth due deligent on the prospect of the ICOs that you intended to invest in. Also don't expect instant flip especially in the weaker market condition like now. Spreads across few good icos should yield good returns imo
Activity: 12
February 27, 2018, 02:14:00 PM
I think getting in at the ICO stage is allot more profitable. Its by far the best way to maximise profits. That being said it comes with a tremendous amount of risk. ICO's are after all pretty much all classing themselves as utility tokens when they are obviously securities which means they don't owe you anything. If the company fails you own nothing. You are buying a currency hoping that the network increases in value meaning the value of your token increases in value so this really is the ideal situation for anybody launching a start up. Get ungodly amounts of money without having a working product and without having to owe anything to shareholders if it fails. Its a no loose situation.

This all makes investing in ICO's lethal if you don't know what you are looking for. There are so many traps that an unsuspecting investor can fall into. However its these risks that make investing in ICOs so profitable. These trappings of ICOs stop a whole heap of potential investors. So if you can get up to date on the fundamentals you should be able to make an informed decision on ico investments.

So my answer would be if you are not confident in the research you have done wait for the coin to hit the exchange and even then don't buy straight away wait a week because coins that hit exchanges more often than not pump then dump when early investors decide to take profit
Activity: 43
February 27, 2018, 01:35:36 PM
I think it's more profitable to buy on ICO because it's cheaper, but ICO is risky.
Activity: 994
Merit: 250
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
February 27, 2018, 01:34:34 PM
its depends on how confident you are in that project ?
if you have a lot of convidence you can buy in ICO, because usually ICO price is cheaper
thats what i do mate  Wink
Activity: 420
Merit: 15
February 27, 2018, 01:31:01 PM
Today Experty (EXY) was listed on Kucoin and now EXY are selling -40% from ICO price: I'm buying it and HODL
Pages:
Jump to: