Pages:
Author

Topic: ICO or buy later on exchange ? - page 60. (Read 30126 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Blockchain Identity Verification
February 06, 2018, 10:43:21 PM
At ICO we usually see a very attractive price for altcoyins! Investors are interested in purchasing tokens at this rate! And very often coins are sold in which there are very doubtful names and a further niche of their application! Be attentive!
Merit: 0
February 06, 2018, 09:18:20 PM
The Privacy coins will all go up this year.
It's the matter of finding one which is very low and with relatively small Total Supply (less than 100M)!.

It is better to invest in altcoins which has a real and feasible idea.

For example, I found an amazing project related to Anonymous E-Market Place, it is called Ethereum Meta.
That's their official website: http://ethermeta.com/

Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/future-of-privacy-ethereum-meta-foundation-of-anonymous-e-marketplace-2659058

I strongly believe Ethereum Meta will go to the Moon this year!
Activity: 454
Merit: 13
February 06, 2018, 08:39:44 PM
Doesn't the OP assume that all coins gained in ICOs go on to be listed on exchanges? I don't believe this always happens and this is for any one of a number of reasons:
- the ICO is a flop
- the ICO fails to meet its soft target
- the ICO or the people behind it is/ are a scam
- no exchange wishes to list that particular coin
Activity: 518
February 06, 2018, 07:47:53 PM
How often does the price get lower than the ICO price when a new coin is listed on its first exchange house ?

How come there are coins that are worth like 0.0004 $, usually during an ICO one coin is sold in the range of 1$ or not ?

Do some "coins" skip the ICO stage ?

Well I think it would be a better idea to buy during the ICO to support the coin itself also, there are bonuses during this phase. It is true that after the ICO or upon being released to the market, the price of a coin has a chance to dump but the question is how low and will it be able to recover? unlike if uou buy in ICO wherein you may sellbit already upon releasing so that you won't experience the dump. Therefore, profit will be earned.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 513
February 06, 2018, 07:18:29 PM
It depends to ICO because some iCO after become tradable the price is higher than the ICO price so those eople participate in IcO earn profit.  But sometimes thr ICO is not worthless because it's not succesful when the token or coin become tradable the price is same of the ICO price and sometimes it decrease more.  It's your choice what is better to your money is either ICO or buy altcoin if it's tradable.
Activity: 798
Merit: 263
February 06, 2018, 06:48:04 PM
For very hot ICOs that sell out in hours or first few days, the exchange price after the ICO can be many times
higher. The ICOs that are not in demand and barely meet their goal are likely to trade lower in the first
month of their trading.  Even then, you may be better off getting the extra bonuses offered in the ICO.
These rules may not work all the time.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
February 06, 2018, 06:35:33 PM
if you buy on ICO, you are 'at more risk' but you can earn more. If you buy at exchange, less risk, less earn
Activity: 532
Merit: 251
February 06, 2018, 03:57:54 PM
If you really believe in the project and the market is not bear market, you definitely should buy in ICO. If the fundamentals are good it will soar by entering into the exchanges. However if the market is bear things may go opposite and it may be dumped once it entered in exchanges.
Nonetheles price will increase after bear market ends and it will increase eventually if the fundamentals are good
February 06, 2018, 02:59:08 PM
I agree! The best time to buy at the ICO stage. I would advise to take a fancy to the project SocialMedia.Market. SMART partnership for a wide range of users with the ability to create smart contracts tailored to specific needs using templates and smart tips.
Activity: 238
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
February 06, 2018, 02:02:48 PM
I think the price during the ICO period is the lowest price you can buy. After the ICO ended, when token or coin listed on any exchange it'll pump very quickly. But atm when there is a huge dump affect to the whole cryptocurrency market, you can buy all new token with lower price than ICO price. LOL. This is the best time for investors
Activity: 184
February 06, 2018, 01:22:18 PM
I suggest you first study the coins that want and avoid the scam, if it is certain then you better follow ico, because you will get some discount and it is different from buying in exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
February 06, 2018, 06:25:09 AM
The answer is easy:
We do not know because if we knew it would be to easy to buy or not buy at the ICO.

I run a kind of ICO where you can get 1000 WSPU2 for $1.00 (buyable with many ways)

The price will by principle because of the site profit goes op.

But some token have been got by airdrops and other way for free.

Once the ICO ended or perhaps even before some token will be sold under the ICO price,but of course under the ICO price,the will not be enough for many people.

So it is for many tokens in general.
If people buy 1000 token for $1.00
then they certainly will buy as well 1100 or 1200 token for $1.00

But the risk for "waiters" is as well than after the ICO the token price is over  the Ico price.

Like said above,we do not know.
Activity: 308
February 06, 2018, 03:07:23 AM
I see Many coins that enter the exchangers always experience price drops below the ICO price. That's probably because many of the prize hunters who sell coins are cheaper than ICO prices, but do not worry if the coin is a good coin he will return at a reasonable price.and myself prefer to buy when ICO
Activity: 826
Merit: 256
February 06, 2018, 01:55:34 AM
If that ICO is worth supporting and has a credible team after a thorough research then go and buy their tokens. In the history of cryptocurrency, there are very few ICO that netted a better price than one could have buy in the crypto market. The price of the tokens mostly go down after the ICO. Some investors skipped the ICO and instead wait for some weeks to buy it in the exchange market.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000
February 06, 2018, 01:31:47 AM
It is very difficult to guess where the coin price will go after ICO. But there is a pattern: if the project is reliable and promising, there are hype, wihitelisting and KYC the project price goes up. BTW I always try to get in during ICO stage.

Yes, it is not possible to guess after listing the exchanges, already we have seen prices went up after listing the exchanges.
So it is always suggestible to buy them at the time of ICO only, but we have to check whether the company is reputable or not.
Activity: 238
February 06, 2018, 01:21:05 AM
You should buy coins during ICO because its very cheaper before it will be listed in the market because ICO have pre-sale, private sale and public sale.
Blockchain Identity Verification
February 06, 2018, 12:03:19 AM
If the coin is promising,then it is better to buy it on ICO,at the most favorable rate!Only it is better not to sell coins immediately after entering the stock exchange,but hold on until the price of them grows!
Activity: 672
February 05, 2018, 06:55:26 PM
New tokens have a lot of interest when they enter the stock market so the new tokens are getting a lot of value in the first days they are listed
Activity: 629
Merit: 108
February 04, 2018, 02:30:35 PM
If you invest first in ICO or later when listing in exchanges depends on the market situation. I try first to invest in an ICO. If it was not possible I will buy it later on exchange. The advantage is that you don't need to do the KYC.
Activity: 252
Merit: 47
February 04, 2018, 02:30:08 PM
This is simply a matter of risk / return preferences. Early investment in an ICO carries the highest risk, but also the potential for the highest return.
Pages:
Jump to: